2020 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

45 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

well if you look at any scouting report everyone thought he was slow. So his running fast kind of makes no sense.

He looked fast enough on film. His 3-cone wasn't anything great, but he did it at like 12 am, so I'll give him a pass there. He has solid tape. He's a very good tackler for a cb. Fights to get off blocks and make tackles on screen passes and in the run game. Fairly sticky in coverage, but usually waits to the last second to turn his head. I thought he looked fairly loose-hipped in drills at the combine, but not silky smooth like Pride/Jaylon (certainly better than Ojemudia though). He's not Jamel Dean as an athlete, so I don't think he goes 3rd/early 4th, but I see a guy worth a 3rd, especially if he learns to read the QB more instead of playing the wr all the time. Also gets grabby when WR's make a sudden move, but he's very workable clay. He's Prince Amukamara with less instincts and a little less speed, but more willingness as a tackler. Wouldn't surprise if ended up being a decent safety.

Edited by Jeezla

4 hours ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Can’t believe lamb and jeudy only 20... mims 22 will be 23 in October. Kinda old 

Kinda don't like this mindset, just because Jeudy is 2 years younger doesn't mean he necessarily has more room for growth on that fact alone. 

5 hours ago, Danger said:

Kinda don't like this mindset, just because Jeudy is 2 years younger doesn't mean he necessarily has more room for growth on that fact alone. 

I think it does mean he has more growth.. mims has almost two years on them. Two years experience does mean a lot and when lamb and jeudy are already better. Wrs are one position you want young. I’m sick of these old rookies. Lamb and jeudy would be good for 3 contracts. 

21 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I think it does mean he has more growth.. mims has almost two years on them. Two years experience does mean a lot and when lamb and jeudy are already better. Wrs are one position you want young. I’m sick of these old rookies. Lamb and jeudy would be good for 3 contracts. 

It's not apples to oranges though. Neither have had NFL coaching before. Hell one could make the argument Jeudy has less room for growth simply because Alabama coaching is far superior to Baylor coaching. More untapped potential. I think the whole age = experience 1:1 is a bad rhetoric.

15 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's not apples to oranges though. Neither have had NFL coaching before. Hell one could make the argument Jeudy has less room for growth simply because Alabama coaching is far superior to Baylor coaching. More untapped potential. I think the whole age = experience 1:1 is a bad rhetoric.

I mean matt rhule ain’t a slouch