2020 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I actually do. If Ruggs wasn't a blazer he very likely could be a 4th round guy.

It's crazy to me that he's now being talked about as the first WR off the board, when nobody said that before the combine, definitely not during the actual NCAA season, and everyone knew he was going to run 4.2's at the combine.

Jeudy even ran pretty fast. I don't get it. 

Edited by Jeezla

35 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

It's crazy to me that he's now being talked about as the first WR off the board, when nobody said that before the combine, definitely not during the actual NCAA season, and everyone knew he was going to run 4.2's at the combine.

I think it was being discussed beforehand as people soured the on Jeudy due to exposure (being the top guy for so long) and everyone valuing speed so much. 
I feel like I had a conversation here a couple months ago about it. That speed receivers weren’t in abundance in this class. And he would get pushed up, especially if he did what he was supposed to at the combine.

Ruggs’ skillset is really tempting to add, but I’d definitely be worried he’d bust far more than the other two. Optimistic hope is he flourishes in the pros where he can have a stronger armed QB and get more touches than what he had down in Bama. 

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

people even expected for ruggs to run faster than he did and yet he still got a combine boost.

2 hours ago, TDTimes said:

The more I watch from Reagor, the less sense it makes to trade up for Ruggs IMO.  Not quite as fast, but plenty fast.  I would argue he’s just as polished as a WR and PR threat

I agree. I have Ruggs, Reagor and then Aiyuk in that order for that mold of receiver/returner. All great options and like you said, I really don't see the need to trade up. I'd be pretty upset if we trade up for anybody. We need these picks.

Tried to trade down on TDN to get more picks and all the top receivers were gone. But I think this mock turned out pretty good.

35. Patrick Queen LB LSU

53. Brandon Aiyuk WR ASU

103. Darnay Holmes CB UCLA

109. K'von Wallace S Clemson

127. Tyler Biadasz IOL Wisconsin

145. Isaiah Hodgins WR Oregon St. 

146. A.J. Dillon RB Boston College

168. Justin Herron OT Wake Forest

190. Trevis Gipson Edge Tulsa 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

what position actually helps us the most for next season? Probably a linebacker in the first right?

Yeah like a Patrick Queen. Which the more I think about it, the more I like it. With the caveat of an Aiyuk or Hamler being chosen at 53 or a trade up from 53 to net a WR. 

14 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

what position actually helps us the most for next season? Probably a linebacker in the first right?

A top end LB like Queen would make a difference for sure cause we suck there.

But probably a day 3 RB is the most sensible for high return. How we rotate and how the position acclimates, one of those guys could very well have a large role in us winning a game or two.

A warm body with hands better than Nelly (not too hard) 

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

A top end LB like Queen would make a difference for sure cause we suck there.

But probably a day 3 RB is the most sensible for high return. How we rotate and how the position acclimates, one of those guys could very well have a large role in us winning a game or two.

A warm body with hands better than Nelly (not too hard) 

we drafted a receiver in the second round last year worse than nelly somehow so never say not too hard