2020 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

13 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I think I'd take mims over him. 

I still think some of us here are higher on Mims then what his actual projection is but I guess you're taking a shot with either Mims or Jefferson. 

I think we have to move up for Lamb tbh - I wonder if we could center a trade around Yan and #9 for picks this year and next year? 

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

Saying he has band hands is not an opinion - it's a fact. Based on catch-able balls his drop rate is almost 20% - that's a very high and very alarming number. 

In his career, he's dropped 16 balls on 114 catchable opportunities. 

His 16.9 percent drop rate in 2019 is among the worst in the entire draft class. 

What they fail to mention on 75% of the passes he dropped were contested catches. At his size of course if its contested hes gonna have a higher incomplete rate. 

Now the more interesting stat... on targets of 10-plus yards, he had a step or more of separation on 64 percent of his targets in 2019 -- the fourth-highest rate in college football. 

Whats Carson prefer...throwing to a guy who he doesnt have to trust a 50/50 ball to. 

Hamler is a mismatch nightmare and if you would team him up with ruggs, there would be crazy mismatches. 

41 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

In his career, he's dropped 16 balls on 114 catchable opportunities. 

His 16.9 percent drop rate in 2019 is among the worst in the entire draft class. 

What they fail to mention on 75% of the passes he dropped were contested catches. At his size of course if its contested hes gonna have a higher incomplete rate. 

Now the more interesting stat... on targets of 10-plus yards, he had a step or more of separation on 64 percent of his targets in 2019 -- the fourth-highest rate in college football. 

Whats Carson prefer...throwing to a guy who he doesnt have to trust a 50/50 ball to. 

Hamler is a mismatch nightmare and if you would team him up with ruggs, there would be crazy mismatches. 

Once again, nobody here is arguing that he isn't fast, quick or whatever you may want to call it. A 17% drop rate, after we we endured last year is simply too high, IMO. 

You mention contested catches, do you assume that contested catches are going to go away in the NFL? Because I can assure they are not and odds are his contested catch rate is going to be higher. 

At the end of the day, you have to catch the ball, contested or not - we can not afford to have receivers who can not catch the ball consistently. 

48 minutes ago, Danger said:

Me personally.

Lamb
Jeudy

Ruggs
Mims
Reagor
Jefferson

Shenault 
Hamler
Aiyuk

This is relatively close to what I have.

Lamb, Jeudy

Ruggs, Jefferson, Mims

Higgins (puke, I know), Shenault, Reagor, Aiyuk

For #10 it'd be a toss up between Hamler & Pittman.

8 hours ago, AustrianEagle said:

is anyone here NOT against Jefferson at 21?

the only hope i currently have is that the most popular eagles-pick in mocks from the so called experts in the last years never happened.

I'm not like vehemently against it. WR I'd rather have at 21: Ruggs, Jeudy, Lamb, Reagor, Aiyuk, Mims. In that order. He's above Higgins, Shenault and Hamler for me.

• Like 1

We're still doing this...

last time I'm going to address it, well maybe not.

Higgins at the age of 21 is more NFL ready than a majority of the prospects just based on his current skillset. He catches everything with his hands...Back shoulder, the plethora of routes, he has enough wiggle to set up routes. I'm seeing a ton of RPO routes to get the ball in his hands type stuff he was definitely a number 1 for Clemson. He's not going to run 4.2 but he's fast enough. Yes there is the jump ball, I would argue that Moss won a good share of jump balls and became a HOF. Not saying Higgins is HOF caliber this early on but he definitely gives me that Moss vibe. 

I know people soured on him because he didn't run but you can't take away the production on the field. 

4 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Higgins at the age of 21 is more NFL ready than a majority of the prospects just based on his current skillset. He catches everything with his hands...Back shoulder, the plethora of routes, he has enough wiggle to set up routes. I'm seeing a ton of RPO routes to get the ball in his hands type stuff he was definitely a number 1 for Clemson. He's not going to run 4.2 but he's fast enough. Yes there is the jump ball, I would argue that Moss won a good share of jump balls and became a HOF. Not saying Higgins is HOF caliber this early on but he definitely gives me that Moss vibe. 

I know people soured on him because he didn't run but you can't take away the production on the field. 

He's a perfect guy to move back a few spots and grab IMO, around the 25-28 range. 

10 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Assuming a team doesn't move up to take Jefferson at #21 I think that's who Minnesota takes at 22 and looks at Gladney or Fulton at 25. 

I don't think MN goes for Jefferson they have mulitple guys they have been putting in the slot along with a healthy #19... just my take...I think they go Fulton at 22 and WR at 25....

Jefferson gets picked by Jacksonville or Miami if not Mims. 

Edited by nlesthought

1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

Randy moss is 10x the athlete Higgins isnt even on his planet.

The whole thing about "NFL Ready" is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. All that matters is "what is a players ceiling?" and "How likely is a player to reach their ceiling?" 

Just because someone can be "Just a guy" early, doesn't move the needle long term. If your reasoning for drafting someone is because they are "NFL Ready" you need to re-evaluate your philosophy.