2020 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:

For a group of fans who watched their wide receivers drop ball after ball last year you all sure do love WRs who can't catch. 

You talking about Hamler?

Mims' career drops are worrisome, but only had 5 as a senior.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Mims, Hamler and Reagor all have drop concerns. 

It seems like every sure handed WR who is realistic for us everyone hates. 

That's what happens when your average team wins it's bad division and then loses in the wildcard. We shoulda tanked the last 3 weeks. We'd be picking  11th or 12th. Now we have to hope Mims learns how to catch, but I have faith in him.

Edited by Jeezla

First post here: longtime lurker... IM ALL IN on Justin Jefferson. I think he is by far the most underrated WR due to the fact of everyone hyping the top 3. Just watched 5 All-22 games of Jefferson & he is just a flat out good football player. So instinctual with reading leverage in his routes. Makes the right reads on the fly & is shifty/crafty enough to execute the routes. Not an incredible athlete but still ran a 4.43 and has good change of direction. Sure handed & can still win 50-50 balls w/ 1v1 coverage downfield (able to make mid-air adjustments). Willing to get hit on his routes over the middle & finish the play. Think he can be especially effective in the slot w/ DJax outside. Easy to fall in love with speed, but solely using that as your main trait a WR must have will get you in trouble.

57 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

That's what happens when your average team wins it's bad division and then loses in the wildcard. We shoulda tanked the last 3 weeks. We'd be picking  11th or 12th. Now we have to hope Mims learns how to catch, but I have faith in him.

I have no idea how you can justify someone who has drops issues at 21 after what we experienced. It just doesn't make sense to me. 

Not that comparisons are everything but - you see Mims compared to Braylon Edwards - does that no scare anyway at all? 

12 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I have no idea how you can justify someone who has drops issues at 21 after what we experienced. It just doesn't make sense to me. 

Not that comparisons are everything but - you see Mims compared to Braylon Edwards - does that no scare anyway at all? 

He had drop issues in 2017 and 2018. He didn't this past season. I'm not worried about comparisons, I'm worried about what I see on tape and upside, and I didn't see much to worry about in his 2019 tape, besides getting better as a route runner and creating more after the catch. He also sounds like an intelligent guy in interviews, which doesn't mean squat- so did J Matt, but I like my first rounders to sound like they paid attention in school. I'm starting to prefer Lamb over Jeudy for this reason. 

Edited by Jeezla

6 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

8 TDN Experts all released 1st round mocks today

3 Justin Jefferson

2 Denzel Mim

2 Jeff Gladney (One is a trade up????)

1- Patrick Queen (on a trade down) 

saw that meh x3 

ok x2

meh x1 ugh x1(trade up)

eeeeeeeh x1 (i like trading down)