2020 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

This thread is a waste of time. We don't ever actually receive an influx of young talent. The last time we did was 2013. I'm still hopeful with this year's first three and Goedert, but it's probably misguided hope.

Why draft future stars when you could draft present day mediocre role players 

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

This thread is a waste of time. We don't ever actually receive an influx of young talent. The last time we did was 2013. I'm still hopeful with this year's first three and Goedert, but it's probably misguided hope.

Danger woke up on the angry side of the bed today. Lol

although, you ain’t wrong.....

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Danger woke up on the angry side of the bed today. Lol

although, you ain’t wrong.....

No, I've just opened my eyes to the real problem of this team, we're patching holes with duct tape and don't actually reinforcing the ship with new wooden planks.

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

What took you so long? Lol

I was blaming players on the team, rather than those selecting the players. That's the real problem. I don't know who Howie has doing collegiate evaluations, but he needs to be fired yesteryear.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

I still don't think Goedert is that good tbh

57 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I still don't think Goedert is that good tbh

I think he doesn’t get much of the offense schemed for him, he has a lot of vertical ability (down field and high point) that just goes totally unused 

but I guess we need him to block so Ertz can get 7 yards on a 4th & 9 so why am I complaining 

21 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think he doesn’t get much of the offense schemed for him, he has a lot of vertical ability (down field and high point) that just goes totally unused 

but I guess we need him to block so Ertz can get 7 yards on a 4th & 9 so why am I complaining 

I don't know, I'm just not overly impressed with him yet. I didn't like the pick to begin with so maybe I'm being biased but he's done nothing to validate his draft stock yet and I think people are still overly optimistic about him. Could be wrong in the long run though. 

4 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I don't know, I'm just not overly impressed with him yet. I didn't like the pick to begin with so maybe I'm being biased but he's done nothing to validate his draft stock yet and I think people are still overly optimistic about him. Could be wrong in the long run though. 

It’s fair, the reps haven’t been there.

And yeah it was an odd pick considering how little they feature him

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It’s fair, the reps haven’t been there.

And yeah it was an odd pick considering how little they feature him

It was a stupid pick considering how we use him. Granted, he'd probably be kicking butt if the Cowboys drafted him and were starting him, but we're just wasting him. I bet he makes a pro bowl when he signs with a different team in 2 years, but here he's basically just an extra blocker in our 12 personnel sets for 3 out of every 4 games.

9 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

It was a stupid pick considering how we use him. Granted, he'd probably be kicking butt if the Cowboys drafted him and were starting him, but we're just wasting him. I bet he makes a pro bowl when he signs with a different team in 2 years, but here he's basically just an extra blocker in our 12 personnel sets for 3 out of every 4 games.

Yep

Like I’m happy to not have a power struggle

but sometimes it seems like Howie just gets players and is like “go nuts” (Goedert and Tate) or doesn’t account for whats most important and doubling down on it. (JJAW and not taking a safety in good classes the last couple years)

There seems to be not much dialogue or something 

32 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yep

Like I’m happy to not have a power struggle

but sometimes it seems like Howie just gets players and is like “go nuts” (Goedert and Tate) or doesn’t account for whats most important and doubling down on it. (JJAW and not taking a safety in good classes the last couple years)

There seems to be not much dialogue or something 

The JJAW pick was so bad. Not just because he seemingly just isn't very good, but because we drafted more of what we already have when we have glaring needs for someone with speed.... 

Really hope they can improve on this in the offseason. Howie is a great gm when it comes to making good deals and signing free agents, but the draft has to be figured out at this point.