2020 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

We should have took Jonathan Allen over Barnett in 2017. Looking back at that draft, almost all the DE's drafted are terrible, besides Myles, Barnett, and Carl Lawson- and Barnett and Lawson are merely average. That was a really bad edge class overall aside from Myles and Watt. 

Edited by Jeezla

28 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

We should have took Jonathan Allen over Barnett in 2017. Looking back at that draft, almost all the DE's drafted are terrible, besides Myles, Barnett, and Carl Lawson- and Barnett and Lawson are merely average. That was a really bad edge class overall aside from Myles and Watt. 

Watt shot up draft boards due to his athleticism and potential. I love having 3-4 athletes out there too bad it didn't work for us in Philly. It seems a lot easier to find 3-4 OLBs than 4-3 DEs.  

31 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Watt shot up draft boards due to his athleticism and potential. I love having 3-4 athletes out there too bad it didn't work for us in Philly. It seems a lot easier to find 3-4 OLBs than 4-3 DEs.  

The 3/4 could have worked, but Billy Davis was even worse than Schwartz, and no D is going to do well when your offense either scores in 2 minutes or goes 3 and out in under 10 seconds. Our 3/4 D needed oxygen masks mid-way through the 3rd quarter. If it weren't for those smoothies, they might have died.

Edited by Jeezla

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

The 3/4 could have worked, but Billy Davis was even worse than Schwartz, and no D is going to do well when your offense either scores in 2 minutes or goes 3 and out in under 10 seconds. Our 3/4 D needed oxygen masks mid-way through the 3rd quarter. If it weren't for those smoothies, they might have died.

lol. I agree somewhat. I don't like two gapping 3-4 defensive approaches, that's playing against your instincts, it forces guys to read then react. The read takes too long IMO. 

I mentioned 3-4 OLBs seem like a position there would be plenty of prospects. The 3-4 DE (3-5 tech) is one of those positions that are difficult to find iyam. Especially ones that can two gap. If I recall we had Vinny Curry and Cedric Thornton on the opposite end of Cox. 

Im actually keen on ther idea of keeping DeSean, signing DeMarcus Robinson to push Greg Ward and add depth, and trading up for Ceedee Lamb, and drafting a developmental deep threat in round 4 or so, and hopefully one with return ability.  Also trade JJ in a bust for bust deal at worst we trade him for someone who's contract expires sooner, and at best the guy we get plays well.

Signing Robinson would cost less than Anderson, allowing us to add help at corner and linebacker in free agency, and draft a safety for the future, and potentially cross train Douglas at the position as well.

On 2/5/2020 at 9:06 AM, Jeezla said:

Yeah, I went into that draft wanting Marlon Humphrey in the first to help the woeful CB situation.  

The way the board fell, though, I'd have taken Jonathan Allen; he was a top 5 prospect going into that draft.  Malik Hooker was also surprisingly still available.

7 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I've been looking at TDN mocks and I keep getting the following available @ 21

S Delpit

WR Shenault 

DE YGM 

EDIT: IRL I would consider a trade back...can't do that here. 

Higgins, Delpit, YGM/Chaisson are the ones I want if we're staying at 21 right now. 

Henderson I'd be ok with, but don't see it as ideal.

5 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

So which of the 3? 

Probably Delpit. Seeing as WR and S are equally needed IMO. EDGE is nice, but only if it's clearly BPA.

WRs are more plentiful than talented safeties in this draft.

Also love Delpit's upside.

Edited by Danger
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, nlesthought said:

I've been looking at TDN mocks and I keep getting the following available @ 21

S Delpit

WR Shenault 

DE YGM 

EDIT: IRL I would consider a trade back...can't do that here. 

Gimme Shenault. I might be dying alone on that hill lol. 

I also am all about Xavier McKinney if he falls 

27 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Gimme Shenault. I might be dying alone on that hill lol. 

I also am all about Xavier McKinney if he falls 

I don’t know how much the new additions will impact the final offense, but if it’s even a decent chunk.... Shenault viability here went way up.

A decent part of my hesitation with him has always been that we’d just not use a ton of what he does.

But Shenault in an offense that has a heavy dose of advanced RPO and motion...much better fit.

Grabbing McKinney would be real nice. Wonder if he’s there with Dallas and Miami a couple picks ahead.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I don’t know how much the new additions will impact the final offense, but if it’s even a decent chunk.... Shenault viability here went way up.

A decent part of my hesitation with him has always been that we’d just not use a ton of what he does.

But Shenault in an offense that has a heavy dose of advanced RPO and motion...much better fit.

Grabbing McKinney would be real nice. Wonder if he’s there with Dallas and Miami a couple picks ahead.

At WR I'm in the camp where I would love Jeudy or Ceedee Lamb, would be very happy with Ruggs or Shenault, and would be okay with Higgins or Jefferson.

Other than that I'd be fine with the Eagles choosing McKinney, Delpit, Kinlaw, or even Gross-Matos (all depending who is on the board)