2020 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

33 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

way I've been doing these TDN mocks is just filling the blanks in my head where the comp picks would go, or say we traded them to get a guy who won't be there at our pick.

...like in this I'd hope we'd spend some comp picks on a DT and LBs. and/or move some of those picks up to get Mims, cause he'll be gone by 117.

Walking away with Laviska & Mims and still getting a bunch of DBs would be a-OK with me.

I thought about inserting comp picks but I think that would change how the entire next round plays out. Personally I don't see us making all 10 of those picks, moving around the board, perhaps moving picks for a young veteran if their contract is team friendly.  

36 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I thought about inserting comp picks but I think that would change how the entire next round plays out. Personally I don't see us making all 10 of those picks, moving around the board, perhaps moving picks for a young veteran if their contract is team friendly.  

Yeah I think we end up making 8 picks, but probably only like 6 that are ours right now...we're supposed to have like 10 right? 

I think taking the 3rd round one from all the picks in the 4th is not too disruptive to the overall thing after the draft is done.
They should add them soon, think the comp picks are announced around the combine.

1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

I will not be shocked if Lamb doesn't run a 40, I'm watching film great running through arm tackles. If he does run I'm thinking around 4.55 

It’s definitely his biggest hurtle, been curious if he’ll run too. Especially with all these other guys about to run 4.2-4.35.

It doesn’t matter cause you see the tape. But if he does run a 4.55 and he drops...all the better for us.

• 4.43 OBJ
  • 4.46 Stefon Diggs
  • 4.47 Antonio Brown
  • 4.49 Adam Thielen (though not done at the combine so it’s probably a 4.53 at least)
  • 4.50 AJ Green
  • 4.56 Davante Adams 
  • 4.57 Michael Thomas
  • 4.57 DeAndre Hopkins 
  • 4.71 Keenan Allen

some of the league’s best have done it too.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It’s definitely his biggest hurtle, been curious if he’ll run too. Especially with all these other guys about to run 4.2-4.35.

It doesn’t matter cause you see the tape. But if he does run a 4.55 and he drops...all the better for us.

• 4.43 OBJ
  • 4.46 Stefon Diggs
  • 4.47 Antonio Brown
  • 4.49 Adam Thielen (though not done at the combine so it’s probably a 4.53 at least)
  • 4.50 AJ Green
  • 4.56 Davante Adams 
  • 4.57 Michael Thomas
  • 4.57 DeAndre Hopkins 
  • 4.71 Keenan Allen

I'm not saying he won't be good, just saying that I don't expect a blazing time. I do think that he may have to be schemed open early in his career. 

54 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I'm not saying he won't be good, just saying that I don't expect a blazing time. I do think that he may have to be schemed open early in his career. 

Oh I didn't think you were, was speaking more to the notion that it's the end all be all like some draft people are trying to make it out to be.

I think Ceedee has a great ability to get open.
He has a tremendous catch radius, has the agility and body control to break from guys, and he's great after the run.

He's the type of guy who won't be going for a ton of 50+ yarders. But you let him operate and he'll consistently get open underneath / in the mid-range then add 8+ yards after the catch.
Type of guy Carson could count on to get seperation. Which he's shown he prefers to the Alshon's of the world.

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

• 4.43 OBJ
  • 4.46 Stefon Diggs
  • 4.47 Antonio Brown
  • 4.50 AJ Green
  • 4.56 Davante Adams 
  • 4.57 Michael Thomas
  • 4.57 DeAndre Hopkins 
  • 4.71 Keenan Allen

Exactly! I hope he runs a 4.55! Let him drop because these idiots are obsessed with a 40 time in underwear and no pads. 

Ceedee is a Stud!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Exactly! I hope he runs a 4.55! Let him drop because these idiots are obsessed with a 40 time in underwear and no pads. 

Ceedee is a Stud!

Yep, Lamb is a guy where you trust your eyes from what you see on the field. Don't get caught up on something he does without pads on. Guy is a stud and does everything well.

57 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Yep, Lamb is a guy where you trust your eyes from what you see on the field. Don't get caught up on something he does without pads on. Guy is a stud and does everything well.

That’s exactly the way I felt about Dalvin Cook coming out.  Lots of game action showing him outrunning tackling angles, yet lots of teams believed his 40 time at the combine and he slipped all the way to the 2nd round.

I still think Lamb goes top 12, regardless of his combine time, but if he’s still there past #12 the Eagles would be well advised to trade up

On 2/10/2020 at 10:48 AM, Danger said:

Going through the first four rounds (and using Kilt's approach)
Got kinda lucky on this one.

21. WR Henry Ruggs III
53. S Antoine Winfield Jr.
85. CB Darnay Holmes
3C. EDGE Jabari Zuniga
117. LB David Woodward
4C. WR Tyler Johnson (still not as high on him as everyone else, but he was there)
148. CB Trajan Bandy
150. RB Lamical Perine
5C. S Terrell Burgess
170. LB Justin Strnad

YAY!  Justin Strnad.
Granted, I think the world sees the tape and he's one of those guys of whom Kiper says, "I didn't think he'd go this high." when he comes off the board in the 5th.

Lamb's 40 may cost him top 10, but not top 20.  There's too much good to see.

I've already seen Higgins compared to Todd Pinkston, which was my early impression.
But, I think he's better, but probably in that value range (2nd).

I see Evan Weaver all over the place.
I have him in the 4th at the moment, but I'm looking at him as a steal.
Is he a 3rd?
He reminds me of Vontaze Burfict.  The metrics are bad.  However, the performance is outstanding and he comes without all of that baggage.

I don't know how many of them have been mocked, but there's has to be some serious consideration looking into the Utah secondary.
Jaylon Johnson, Terrell Burgess and Julian Blackmon all deserve consideration.
On the flip side, Bradlee Anee has college athleticism combined with world-class effort.
I don't know that his effort will be enough at the next level.
He rushes like he's "stubby" and many of his sacks come from staying with a broken play.  
If all of my fat was muscle, I could do that.

Good on everyone for coming back to Shenault.  He's for real.
Also at Colorado, Mustafa Johnson seems like a solid, late-round, rotational DT.
Some mocks/sites have him higher.  Pass.  But, if he's there ...

So this OT class is insanely deep? Just our luck, imagine how different things would be if we took Hollywood, Deebo, even Hardman w/ our 1st. Would mean no JJAW too, double bonus. 

I like Dillard, but he didn't really contribute to our 2019 campaign much (not that he was expected too), his 300 snaps likely could have been matched in quality by a vet off the streets. Meanwhile one of those aforementioned WRs really could have changed our entire season and future outlook. I don't like Dillard so much that I wouldn't be willing to go with one of these 2020 OTs instead if it meant already being pretty secure at WR. Plus in this hypothetical we could retain Peters and still give our OT 1 year to learn. Damn, oh well.

Beginning to see a lot more people have us taking Shenault. His injuries scare me, is he really worth the risk? Last thing we need is another injury riddled WR. If it was just 1 injury he made a full recovery from that'd be one thing, but he was missing games in college for a variety of smaller injuries. 

5 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

So this OT class is insanely deep? Just our luck, imagine how different things would be if we took Hollywood, Deebo, even Hardman w/ our 1st. Would mean no JJAW too, double bonus. 

I like Dillard, but he didn't really contribute to our 2019 campaign much (not that he was expected too), his 300 snaps likely could have been matched in quality by a vet off the streets. Meanwhile one of those aforementioned WRs really could have changed our entire season and future outlook. I don't like Dillard so much that I wouldn't be willing to go with one of these 2020 OTs instead if it meant already being pretty secure at WR. Plus in this hypothetical we could retain Peters and still give our OT 1 year to learn. Damn, oh well.

Beginning to see a lot more people have us taking Shenault. His injuries scare me, is he really worth the risk? Last thing we need is another injury riddled WR. If it was just 1 injury he made a full recovery from that'd be one thing, but he was missing games in college for a variety of smaller injuries. 

Hindsight yeah it probably would’ve at least gotten us a win or two.

I think for what we do Dillard is better than a lot of these guys coming out. A lot of them are guys that can be tackles but could also go inside, whereas Dillard is the beautiful pure dancing bear LT. I think too there is a heavy chance none of the tackles fall to us. Within the top 15 is a lot of linemen needy teams.

Which works out great for us because along with the potential 4 QBs, it’s pushing down a ton of talent. Like a ton of mocks and scouts are just pushing down Derrick Brown, Kinlaw, Espensa, McKinney, and the wideouts.And we don’t have to trade up to get a tackle.

yeah I knew Shenault had injuries, but it does scare you a bit when you see it all. I think it’ll drop his grade for us. Howie talked about not taking/signing guys with injury histories and hoping for the best anymore. It burns us like everytime. 

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Which works out great for us because along with the potential 4 QBs, it’s pushing down a ton of talent. Like a ton of mocks and scouts are just pushing down Derrick Brown, Kinlaw, Espensa, McKinney, and the wideouts.And we don’t have to trade up to get a tackle.

It seems unlikely that Jordan Love (QB4 amongst most) makes it past the Colts at 13.

If either Delpit or Epenesa are there at 21, I'm selecting them without hesitation. We can trade up in the 2nd to get a WR we like.