2020 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Frankly I don't think this OT is much deeper than last years, just artificial inflation of OT like you see with QBs.

It definitely seems to be more top heavy, Jonah Williams was the only one who creeped into top 10 prospects last year,
He was the only one taken top 20 (along with a couple guards)
Most analysts had only 3 in the top 40 (Williams, Jawan Taylor and Dillard) whereas this year they have at least 3 in the top 10. 

I think Wills, Wirfs, Thomas and Becton are going to go top 12. The Dolphins potentially reaching to get Austin Jackson or Josh Jones in the later teens.
Which I think is one of the more likely trade back options for us, Dolphins trade us #26 & #56 to get in front of the Pats for a Tackle.
A handful of other teams in the 20s also have a need or secondary need for an OT. 

22 minutes ago, Danger said:

It seems unlikely that Jordan Love (QB4 amongst most) makes it past the Colts at 13.

If either Delpit or Epenesa are there at 21, I'm selecting them without hesitation. We can trade up in the 2nd to get a WR we like.

Yeah people seem to be really high on the potential with Love.

Anybody watch Delpit from this year? Keep hearing he was bad but he was so good two years ago. 
Epenesa seems like a Schwartz/Howie type of DE. It honestly wouldn't shock me.

55 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Anybody watch Delpit from this year? Keep hearing he was bad but he was so good two years ago. 

Delpit was good in coverage, but tackled like crap. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

He wasn't as good as he was the year before (still won the Jim Thorpe award though)

Regardless, his potential is so great. Would love to have him here.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

He wasn't as good as he was the year before (still won the Jim Thorpe award though)

Regardless, his potential is so great. Would love to have him here.

Yeah, potential is still there for him to be a star
would be great to get a young talented safety this year, young playmakers on the backend would transform the defense.
McKinney, Delpit or Winfield in the 2nd.

I wish we had an extra pick in the top 64.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, potential is still there for him to be a star
would be great to get a young talented safety this year, young playmakers on the backend would transform the defense.
McKinney, Delpit or Winfield in the 2nd.

I wish we had an extra pick in the top 64.

I'm just adverse to Bama players aside from like WRs and Lineman. Never trust their back 7 or RBs. 

32 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm just adverse to Bama players aside from like WRs and Lineman. Never trust their back 7 or RBs. 

I thought it was interesting what Saban said last year, that like nobody actually calls him and asks his opinion of the guys. 

From everything I’ve heard about McKinney it seems like he’s going to be a lot like Minkah Fitzpatrick.

49 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I thought it was interesting what Saban said last year, that like nobody actually calls him and asks his opinion of the guys. 

From everything I’ve heard about McKinney it seems like he’s going to be a lot like Minkah Fitzpatrick.

I don't think I'd hate the pick, but I don't think he's the BPA at 21, and I don't think he's as good as Delpit personally.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

I don't think I'd hate the pick, but I don't think he's the BPA at 21, and I don't think he's as good as Delpit personally.

I think Delpit had way more flash, McKinney seems more like a solid impactful player if that makes sense. McKinney would be a fairly seamless transition from Jenkins in a year or two. And in the meantime would allow the D to be a better mirror to hind coverages better. But they both would be great additions. Only knock I have on either is Delpit taking a bit of a step back this year.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

I think Delpit had way more flash, McKinney seems more like a solid impactful player if that makes sense. McKinney would be a fairly seamless transition from Jenkins in a year or two. And in the meantime would allow the D to be a better mirror to hind coverages better. But they both would be great additions. Only knock I have on either is Delpit taking a bit of a step back this year.

I think we're without either Jenkins or McLeod next season, we need an instant starter. Delpit is that guy IMO.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I think we're without either Jenkins or McLeod next season, we need an instant starter. Delpit is that guy IMO.

As weird as it sounds, I want to see how both look at the combine body wise. I think McKinney would do well to fill out his frame a little more in the core/thighs to survive the hits he wants to give out. I think pre-snap Xavier seems like he is a little more prepared for what will get thrown at him. Saw a ton of plays where you see it click and he cuts right through the play to make a huge play. Delpit seemed like it was more from just awareness as a play is happening and being as talented as he is. 

Whichever we would take is going to get a boost from playing with Malcolm, if he’s here. I want to know more about their personalities. Because that safety is going to have to be a leader in a year or two.

39 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

As weird as it sounds, I want to see how both look at the combine body wise. I think McKinney would do well to fill out his frame a little more in the core/thighs to survive the hits he wants to give out. I think pre-snap Xavier seems like he is a little more prepared for what will get thrown at him. Saw a ton of plays where you see it click and he cuts right through the play to make a huge play. Delpit seemed like it was more from just awareness as a play is happening and being as talented as he is. 

Whichever we would take is going to get a boost from playing with Malcolm, if he’s here. I want to know more about their personalities. Because that safety is going to have to be a leader in a year or two.

why does the safety need to be a leader? Leaders can play at any spot.

I like McKinney I wouldnt be upset if we take him at 21 but would be a more realistic option if we trade down like 8 spots first.

Edited by ninjapirate

46 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

why does the safety need to be a leader? Leaders can play at any spot.

I like McKinney I wouldnt be upset if we take him at 21 but would be a more realistic option if we trade down like 8 spots first.

Yeah, but do we have any? It’s just a natural thing back there. Just like an extra trait I think the eagles might/should value.

we have Graham and Jenkins, both of whom very well might be in their last two years here. Then you have Cox being the more lead by example type. 

not gonna take a guy off the board if they arent one or anything. I think what I mean with personality is are they confident and project confidence. I feel like so often we take guys and it’s just obvious they aren’t going to be that guy who makes big plays when you need it. A spacey mellow dude who might have talent but never really plays above....I’d say of the guys drafted last year JJAW was that guy. I think the embodiment of that passion, punches above his weight, is Tyrann Mathieu. I think they both could be that guy, Delpit seems a little more obvious from the outside right now. But like I said want to see more.

I want Kyle Dugger, even though he probably won't make the same impact as a rook that McKinney or Winfield will. His ceiling is very high. If Delpit could tackle like Dugger, he'd be a top 7 or 8 pick. Seems like Dugger has a decent amount of quick-twitch when he's moving around and he's got ideal size for a S. Also, no injury history like Winfield that I'm aware of.

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I want Kyle Dugger, even though he probably won't make the same impact as a rook that McKinney or Winfield will. His ceiling is very high. If Delpit could tackle like Dugger, he'd be a top 7 or 8 pick. Seems like Dugger has a decent amount of quick-twitch when he's moving around and he's got ideal size for a S. Also, no injury history like Winfield that I'm aware of.

He’s an interesting guy. Did he pop at the Senior Bowl? I didn’t watch any of the practices beyond Kinlaw destroying everyone that first day.
Weird how a couple draft people bring up him playing Will. Where do you think he fits in our scheme? 

I’m not sure what The injuries were but he missed half of last season and all but one game his RS Sophomore year. 

He’s a couple years older than the other two. McKinney will be like 26 after his 5 year contract (Delpit, 27), Dugger will be 30 at the end of his 4 year one. Which I think is a knock.