2020 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I didn't know Brown was injured. So make it just Deebo and Hardman. I thought it was clear brah lol

Not dogging Roseman btw, more of a perfect world "what could have been" observation, although that's only if you don't consider Dillard any better than the 3-5 ranked OTs in this draft. 

Hey roseman did draft a receiver last year. It just happened to be a stiff crappy one that has no hopes of ever being good in the NFL. No need to sully the Dillard pick for that reason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Once we move on from Alshon we'll definitely have a spot for both. D Jax/Reagor/GG/JJ/Ward, ideally with JJ as WR5 because I think he's hot garbage that will need to be replaced in a year, along with D Jax due to age and injury concerns. 

I think theres very little chance Doug and Howie go into 2020 with two Rookies , two 2nd year WR (one of whom sucked) and two injury prone WR's in Desean/Alshon. I'd expect at least 1 FA Vet WR added, maybe even two if on the cheap!

41 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Hey roseman did draft a receiver last year. It just happened to be a stiff crappy one that has no hopes of ever being good in the NFL. No need to sully the Dillard pick for that reason.

Well that wasn't my intention, although with everyone getting so defensive about Dillard and acting like he was a gem, what did you see in him for those that are so high on that pick? I'm not an OL expert, but I certainly didn't think Dillard did anything in 2019 to make it clear he was a steal and our LT for the next decade. He struggled*, which you expect from a rookie OT thrust into starting role.... So that just leaves me thinking about Dillard heading into 2020 the same as I did heading into 2019: potentially could be our LT of the future. He didn't flash anything to me to suggest he IS that guy for sure.. but seriously, if he did and I am missing something (again, not an OL expert), I'd love to know what he showed us and have some more faith or links to any articles singing his praise. 

*6 sacks allowed in 300 snaps, 59.7 PFF grade. Compare that to fellow rookie OTs Jawan Taylor: 8 sacks in 1100 snaps, 63.9 PFF grade, Tytus Howard: 2 sacks in 500 snaps, 59.4 PFF grade. Would seem they all struggled about the same, Dillard had some particularly rough matchups which probably inflated his sack total.

Basically I am just trying to ask, why should I be higher on Dillard than any of the top 5ish OT prospects in this class? 

54 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Basically I am just trying to ask, why should I be higher on Dillard than any of the top 5ish OT prospects in this class? 

Which of the Top 5 do you realistically think will be there @21, curious? That's the real question? Now given the WR class of 2020, you really think Hardman and Deebo are that much better then what we might be taken @21 this year?

As a LT Dillards numbers I thought were good but when they Stupidly move him to RT, he got abused! Skewing those PFF numbers. Numbers I dont take much stock in personally.  It's the same site that has I believe Quinton Dunbar as the highest rated CB in the NFL?

The hindsight game is always fun when said players No one really wanted go off or come out of Nowhere. Would You really of been happy had the Eagles Taken any of the 3 WR in Dillards spot and he Sat behind what was "Supposed to be" set WR Trio of DeSean, Alshon and Agholor?

It wasn't a Need nor necessity. No one could of predicted the absurd amount of Injuries to the position. It just as easily could if been OL that was decimated instead.  Especially with a Gimpy Jason Peter's, Unproven Mailata, and Struggling Big V at the time.

Dillard was the Smart Pick,  even in Hindsight. Regardless how 2019 unfolded for the Eagles at the WR position.

We have a LT prospect starting this year with a year of NFL experience and coaching vs one that would have zero NFL experience and coaching. Plus the top 4 tackles aren’t getting to 21 and all the tackles that are in play for #5 and might be there at 21, Dillard was head and shoulders a better prospect last year then what they are this year. 

Dillard didn’t really play last year and that was the plan. So to say, “what has he done?” as the argument is kind of silly. 

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I think theres very little chance Doug and Howie go into 2020 with two Rookies , two 2nd year WR (one of whom sucked) and two injury prone WR's in Desean/Alshon. I'd expect at least 1 FA Vet WR added, maybe even two if on the cheap!

We'll probably sign a Tajae Sharpe/DeMarcus Robinson/Cody Lattimer, along with signing and cutting J Matt 3 or 4 times. Guessing we go after Perriman initially to replace Agholor, but we'll low ball him and settle for Sharpe/Robinson.

Regardless of the underwhelming FA WR or WR's we ultimately sign, those 2 rookies will be our two best WR's once D Jax gets hurt again.

WR1 D Jax
WR2 Tajae Sharpe or Demarcus Robinson or some other average Vet FA WR
WR3 Reagor (Becomes WR1 whenever D Jax goes down)
WR4 Gandy-Golden (Wins the WR2 job around week 9)
WR5 JarJar
WR6 Greg Ward

PS
Burnett and 2 more UDFA's 

We can win a SB with that, as long as our rooks don't hit ir.

Edited by Jeezla

James Lynch is someone I'll be paying attention to at the combine. I can't tell if he's a late 1st to mid 2nd, like Blacklock/Gallimore/Madubuike, or a 3rd/4th rounder like Elliott/Murchison/Fotu quite yet. Same goes for Marlon Davidson.  I think both are late 2nd/early 3rd types, but it's hard to tell with them mostly lining up as DE's. I want to see them move straight ahead against OG's and Centers like Blacklock and Madubuike get to do, instead of setting the edge vs OTs.

28 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Wish we could swap out D Jax for Robby Anderson as our pseudo WR1, along with adding Reagor and Gandy-Golden. We should not have immediately extended D Jax after trading for him. Another bad Howie decision. 

i think we had to as part of him of the trade to make him want to be here. 

10 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Well that wasn't my intention, although with everyone getting so defensive about Dillard and acting like he was a gem, what did you see in him for those that are so high on that pick? I'm not an OL expert, but I certainly didn't think Dillard did anything in 2019 to make it clear he was a steal and our LT for the next decade. He struggled*, which you expect from a rookie OT thrust into starting role.... So that just leaves me thinking about Dillard heading into 2020 the same as I did heading into 2019: potentially could be our LT of the future. He didn't flash anything to me to suggest he IS that guy for sure.. but seriously, if he did and I am missing something (again, not an OL expert), I'd love to know what he showed us and have some more faith or links to any articles singing his praise. 

*6 sacks allowed in 300 snaps, 59.7 PFF grade. Compare that to fellow rookie OTs Jawan Taylor: 8 sacks in 1100 snaps, 63.9 PFF grade, Tytus Howard: 2 sacks in 500 snaps, 59.4 PFF grade. Would seem they all struggled about the same, Dillard had some particularly rough matchups which probably inflated his sack total.

Because PFF applies zero context to that grade. We all saw how fantastically Dillard did at LT, but he got demolished when he had no prior experience or prep playing RT and being thrown into the fire with no warning. 

Dillard is good.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Because PFF applies zero context to that grade. We all saw how fantastically Dillard did at LT, but he got demolished when he had no prior experience or prep playing RT and being thrown into the fire with no warning. 

Dillard is good.

Yeha dillard had one really bad game playing right tackle for the first time in his career he played well when he was at LT. Even held his own against Mack. 

• Like 1