2020 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

Here to defend Dillard. He looked great at LT, and struggled at RT which he literally said is like writing with your opposite hand. And that's fine with me, bc he was drafted to be a stud LT for 12 years. And he was one when he played there this past season. Throw the PFF crap out since it accounts for the RT game vs Seattle. I'd love to see his isolated LT grade from them. Idk why we're talking about tackles.

• Like 1

I'm not sold on Dillard, but I'm not exactly down on him either. I knew he needed to add strength, and hopefully he's doing that as we speak. Nothing he did impressed me, including the game against Chicago. Mack looked average for half the season. I think there was something wrong with him that he hid. I feel the same about Fletcher Cox. Didn't look like himself until the season was 3/4 over. It was disparaging how bad Dillard looked at RT in pass protection, but I thought what was supposed to be his biggest weakness (run blocking) actually looked pretty solid. Hopefully he continues to improve all around. He has the feet and athleticism and flexibility, but needs to improve his overall strength, particularly his pop in his hands, and get better at hand fighting and maintaining his balance. Unlike JarJar, I think he will improve and prove worthy of the pick, but maybe we're all overestimating him. He does have a weird hairline.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Here to defend Dillard. He looked great at LT, and struggled at RT which he literally said is like writing with your opposite hand. And that's fine with me, bc he was drafted to be a stud LT for 12 years. And he was one when he played there this past season. Throw the PFF crap out since it accounts for the RT game vs Seattle. I'd love to see his isolated LT grade from them. Idk why we're talking about tackles.

He also did well in the preseason and played like every snap those 4 games. Dillard pick is probably going to work out.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I want Michigan's entire interior OL. Ruiz is my fave C in the draft, even over Biadasz. He was made for our offense. Onwenu looks like Larry Warford with better quickness. Bredeson is Toddfather with shorter arms. 

where do you think he gets picked? A lot of guys have him around their 40th best prospect it seems but most teams won't have 32 first round grades so I could see a team in the late first taking him. 

Looks like the 9ers need a center so 31 could be his floor. Do you take him at 21?

Edited by ninjapirate

56 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

where do you think he gets picked? A lot of guys have him around their 40th best prospect it seems but most teams won't have 32 first round grades so I could see a team in the late first taking him. 

Looks like the 9ers need a center so 31 could be his floor. Do you take him at 21?

I think he goes mid 2nd, maybe late 1st/early 2nd if he has like 33" arms and puts up 28+ reps. I don't take him at 21 unless Kelce retires and he starts right away, even then I'd prefer a WR or CB or DT, but he'd likely prove worth the pick in hindsight, because I think he ends up being a top 3 or 4 C in the NFL once Kelce/Mack/Frederick are put to pasture. I'd compare him to Rodney Hudson, but thicker. Looks like he'd run a 4.9 even at 320 lbs or whatever he is. Going to be a beast on pulls. I could see Baltimore taking him round 1. I think their C is a FA.

Edited by Jeezla

21 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Which of the Top 5 do you realistically think will be there @21, curious? That's the real question? Now given the WR class of 2020, you really think Hardman and Deebo are that much better then what we might be taken @21 this year?

On Walter, Austin Jackson (#5) goes at 26. Most of the CBS mock guys have 4 OTs going before our pick, with Josh Jones, Austin Jackson and Isiah Wilson being the next 3 on the CBS big board. NFL.com only has 3 OTs going before us, w/ Wirfs and Jones available. Sounds like the 5th OT would be there for the taking.

I don't trust our drafting at all, so playing this game, yes I'd much rather take a sure thing like Deebo or Hardman who are already contributors in the NFL, and more importantly, could have contributed in 2019 when we were in desperate need AND now be entering year 2. Sophomore Hardman/Deebo > anybody we take. Why would anyone have faith in our FO? We are one of the worst drafting teams over the past 4 years.

So yes, in a perfect world w/ 20/20 hindsight (which was the whole point of original post, just a little observation in quiet hours of the night, which only Kilt seemed to understand), I would have liked the instant help at WR which was desperately needed in 2019, and then take a stab at one of these guys who seem be equally good OT prospect in 2020 as Dillard. I like Dillard, and of course it doesn't suddenly become a bad pick due to unforeseen injuries, but evidently I don't like him as much as others who apparently have seen enough to know he is our stud LT of the future and should be the pick in any hypothetical. I hope they're right.

6 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Anyway enough of that, back to reality. Dillard is obviously the guy, OT not on the radar until mid rounds. WR will be the 1st pick. What's everybody current WR rankings/tiers?

In the first round?  Would love Jeudy or Lamb, would be happy with Ruggs or Shenault, would be okay with Higgins.  Justin Jefferson or Reagor would be a reach in the first, but could help the Eagles.

WR should be the first pick, because I'd be quite disappointed with paying top $ in FA for Robby Anderson and waiting until later rounds for a WR.

19 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Anyway enough of that, back to reality. Dillard is obviously the guy, OT not on the radar until mid rounds. WR will be the 1st pick. What's everybody current WR rankings/tiers?

something like this, though 5-9 shift a decent amount.

1. CeeDee Lamb
  2.  Henry Ruggs III
  3.  Jerry Jeudy
  4.  Jalen Reagor
  5.  Justin Jefferson
  6.  Laviska Shenault Jr.
  7.  K.J. Hamler
  8.  Denzel Mims
  9. Brandon Aiyuk
  10.  Van Jefferson
  11.  Tee Higgins
  12.  Tyler Johnson
    13 & on is a lot of jump ball guys and incomplete players. But I want to figure out the top 20

I think Ceedee, Ruggs and Jeudy are the top group of the class. Besides the on the field skills of Ceedee & Ruggs, they both have a pissed off want to win attitude on game days. I want that over guys who can’t stay out of their head (Nelly) or low energy guys (JJAW). Not as excited for Jeudy, but hard to deny his skillset. He’s a great route runner with some speed. If he thickens up he’s a better Amari Cooper, without being sort of a headcase. 

On to tier 2, aka guys I’d be happy with in the 2nd...but probably not loving if we took them at 21. It’s well known at this point Reagor was held back a ton by his surrounding cast at TCU. Think he checks off a lot of boxes of what you want out of the 1st receiver we take this draft. Jefferson has the quickness and speed to get things done at the next level. College Pedigree only takes you so far, but at this point it seems like a safer gamble when you take LSU WR/DBs. Shenault is a hell of the player if you know how to use him, injury history is a concern though. Hamler would be tier 1 is he added 35 pounds and 3 inches...a lot of talent but the size makes you wary of how he could hold up. I love Mims, honestly should put him higher. He looked like a guy who can come in and start for you week 1. Just not sure how much the league loves him yet. If he makes any kind of buzz at the combine he’ll go up. Aiyuk is also a guy who might go higher than this ranking, he missed an opportunity at the Senior Bowl to get a bump. Good complete player.

3rd tier/3rd round though I’d get if Van & Tee sneak into the 2nd if all the ones above get taken. Love a lot of what Van Jefferson does, I think perfect world we would get one of the top tier guys in the 1st, and then get Van in the 3rd. Let him work the slot...move him all over. Tee I’m probably the most down on (compared to the norm) I see an unpolished player, and for us doesn’t add much beyond being a slightly faster jump ball guy. It’s just not a skill I really value anymore, especially in this draft where you can have the pick of the litter of 6’3”+ jump ballers into the 5th round. He has potential in his size and athleticism. But most all these other guys made the best of what they could in college, watching tape on Higgins was the first one where I thought he didn’t take advantage of every opportunity. Johnson I don’t know as much about but tools wise he probably slates here over the next batch of one note or inconsistent players.

• Like 1

For me 

Tier 1- Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs (the dream 1st Round guys)

Tier 2- Shenault, Reagor (the likely 1st round guys)

Tier 3- Hamler, Aiyuk, Justin Jefferson (the ideal 2nd round guys)

Tier 4- Mims, Higgins (I’d be happyish in the 2nd guys)

Tier 5- Van Jefferson, Quartney Davis (3rd round targets)

If Eagles leave the draft with 2 of these guys, that would be sexy. 

I think everyone nailed down the top targets but here's some "under the radar" guys I'm keeping my eyes on.

Quintez Cephus, Gabriel Davis, James Proche, Aaron Fuller and Isaiah Hodgins. I'm interested to see how they perform at the combine/pro days and think they all are viable mid round targets.