2020 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

30 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I think everyone nailed down the top targets but here's some "under the radar" guys I'm keeping my eyes on.

Quintez Cephus, Gabriel Davis, James Proche, Aaron Fuller and Isaiah Hodgins. I'm interested to see how they perform at the combine/pro days and think they all are viable mid round targets. 

I like Hodgins, another name I've become a fan of is Devin Duvernay

Aaron Fuller of Washington? Dude is garbo.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I like Hodgins, another name I've become a fan of is Devin Duvernay

Aaron Fuller of Washington? Dude is garbo.

His hands are questionable at best that's for sure. I think as a mid/late round depth guy he's an option but he's probably my least favorite that I listed. 

I also like Duvernay but I think he tests very well and goes a bit higher then projected right now. I also feel the same way about KJ Hill. 

Xavier McKinney is a dude...I would select him over Delpit if it were my defense....Schwartz probably wouldn't know how to use him. 

Safety rankings and no I'm not putting Simmons as a safety. 

McKinney - Bama (hybrid)

Delpit - LSU (SS)

Winfield - MN (hybrid)

Davis - Cal (FS)

Duggar - Lenoir (SS)

Jones - Texas (SS)

Blackmon - Utah (FS) 

Hudson - Michigan (SS)

Carter - Bama (FS/nickel slot)

Reed - Georgia (SS)

7 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Xavier McKinney is a dude...I would select him over Delpit if it were my defense....Schwartz probably wouldn't know how to use him. 

he'd just slide into Malcolm role eventually, in the meantime would play in other roles we have the safeties play.
I wonder if Jim would mirror the safeties if we drafted him, him the coverages more. Him and Malcolm have a lot of crossover in skillset.

40 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

he'd just slide into Malcolm role eventually, in the meantime would play in other roles we have the safeties play.
I wonder if Jim would mirror the safeties if we drafted him, him the coverages more. Him and Malcolm have a lot of crossover in skillset.

I think you could go back to mirroring responsibilities with him and McLeod. If Jenkins doesn't price himself out and they let McLeod walk then McKinney would be best served as a FS/ that slides down to the box/slot guy when Epps comes in...I did like how they used McLeod this past year in the nickel/box role with Epps roaming CF. The one thing I worry about McKinney is his ability to consistently tackle. But that's probably all young players. They refuse to bring their arms to the party... 

How much importance/value will they put on the safety position if neither McLeod/Jenkins are available? If Howie goes and signs Vonn Bell some young FA to say 4/28...

SS Diggs got 3/18 in 2019 ($4.5 to sign)

SS Vaccaro 4/24 ($6 SB)

S K. Jackson 3/33 ($23 gtd) 

If I'm Howie, just the term free safety would scare me, Landon Collins was given 6/84 ($15 SB, 44 gtd).  

8 hours ago, Jeezla said:

How many of you are currently cool with Reagor at #21? Like 70% of this forum?  80%?

Coming around to it slightly, but with Mims & Aiyuk sitting there into round two... would probably rather get another position at #21 if Ceedee/Ruggs/Jeudy are gone.

Or just punt down the board. Can you imagine dropping down like 8 picks and getting a 2nd back. Walking away with like McKinney/Delpit, Mims, Gladney/Terrell or Hamler.