2020 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Haven't watched Hamler at all. Who does he compare to?

Maybe like a John Ross...Mecole Hardman in recent drafts
Pretty good speed and agility, will be able to eat up zone defenses and get quick separation unless jammed hard.
But susceptible to being bullied there from a sheer size v size matchup. 
Willing to give it up to make a play.

I think being at Penn State (getting some national exposure this year)
and his competitiveness / toughness will get him some point in draft rooms compared to those guys.
But frame will push him down along with the rest of this wideout class. Will go 28-44 range if he comes out, but I think there is a chance he doesn't.

@Danger or someone else could probably get into greater detail.
I'm a super casual Penn State watcher

8 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Maybe like a John Ross...Mecole Hardman in recent drafts
Pretty good speed and agility, will be able to eat up zone defenses and get quick separation unless jammed hard.
But susceptible to being bullied there from a sheer size v size matchup. 
Willing to give it up to make a play.

I think being at Penn State (getting some national exposure this year)
and his competitiveness / toughness will get him some point in draft rooms compared to those guys.
But frame will push him down along with the rest of this wideout class. Will go 28-44 range if he comes out, but I think there is a chance he doesn't.

@Danger or someone else could probably get into greater detail.
I'm a super casual Penn State watcher

He's like Marquise Brown more than John Ross.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

He's like Marquise Brown more than John Ross.

Would it be fair to say he’s somewhere in between? The games I’ve watched I hadn’t see breathtaking downfield speed. But I could have totally just missed it. You’d know better. Seen it a little but didn’t think it defined him as much as it did Hollywood to scouts.

The way I’ve seen them use him is what maybe me make the and the Mecole comp...as far as their college tape. Quicker passes in space, getting him away from defenders with a break.

19 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Would it be fair to say he’s somewhere in between? The games I’ve watched I hadn’t see breathtaking downfield speed. But I could have totally just missed it. You’d know better. Seen it a little but didn’t think it defined him as much as it did Hollywood to scouts.

The way I’ve seen them use him is what maybe me make the and the Mecole comp...as far as their college tape. Quicker passes in space, getting him away from defenders with a break.

John Ross is just a track star isn't he? 

Hamler is better in open space and I don't think he'll run a 4.2 something. He'll probably be mid 4.3 IMO.

43 minutes ago, Danger said:

Hamler is better in open space and I don't think he'll run a 4.2 something. He'll probably be mid 4.3 IMO.

He does some similar stuff in the mid to short range. But Ross is faster most likely yeah

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

I know howie gets drafting hate but dillard and miles sanders seem like two home runs.

All of you are so bi-polar on the young guns.

Goedert
Sanders
JJAW
Barnett (I think he's a solid starter but still was hoping for more from this high of a pick)
Dillard (to a lesser degree)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

All of you are so bi-polar on the young guns.

Goedert
Sanders
JJAW
Barnett (I think he's a solid starter but still was hoping for more from this high of a pick)
Dillard (to a lesser degree)

what did i say bi polar? I am pro all those kids playing.

I am probably the only one here stanning for JJAW to play more.

Edited by ninjapirate

5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

what did i say bi polar? I am pro all those kids playing.

I am probably the only one here stanning for JJAW to play more.

Uh hi I'm arguing over in the other thread to play JJAW more, but yeah you are right, I have seen you clammoring for him. 

Just seen so many of the people here who think emotionally rather than rationally dumping on Miles Sanders calling him a bust already.

On 11/6/2019 at 7:31 AM, Danger said:

No. He was good at Washington. Missed his junior year, but went off during his senior year. Explosive returner as a soph. He was a better Will Fuller.

Edited by Jeezla

3 hours ago, DeJack_10 said:

Remember when we kept hearing that Leighton Vander Esch was gonna be our pick, until Dallas took him before us?

I want us to get a stud MLB. Who are some realistic possibilities for us?

Draft the kid from Bama who got hurt probably in the 2nd

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Draft the kid from Bama who got hurt probably in the 2nd

Way too risky with our training staff.. We need David Woodward. No injury history. Moses would come here and get Sidney Jones'd.

Edited by Jeezla

7 hours ago, DeJack_10 said:

Remember when we kept hearing that Leighton Vander Esch was gonna be our pick, until Dallas took him before us?

I want us to get a stud MLB. Who are some realistic possibilities for us?

we need a new defensive coordinator i dont think jim knows how to use good linebackers 

Like to be a good jim linebacker you have to be good in coverage because you aint doing anything else fren. 

Edited by ninjapirate