2020 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Feels like Ruggs or Reagor will be an Eagle.

We wanted to add speed and I think it'll be hard to trade up far enough for Lamb.

Honest question. Who was the last player we all wanted, Eagles were linked to non stop that we actually took in the 1st? Never seems to work out.

I just looked the the last 20 years and only came up with Cox in 2012 and Bunkley in 06'. That's it. We knew we were taking a QB in 2016 but were split on Wentz/Goff because of the small school concerns. 

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Honest question. Who was the last player we all wanted, Eagles were linked to non stop that we actually took in the 1st? Never seems to work out.

Fletcher Cox?

I don't think we all want Reagor.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

46 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Feels like Ruggs or Reagor will be an Eagle.

We wanted to add speed and I think it'll be hard to trade up far enough for Lamb.

Speed isn't that important if we get someone the quality of Lamb/Jeudy

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Speed isn't that important if we get someone the quality of Lamb/Jeudy

Speed just helped KC win a SB, and will help make life for a Lamb/Judy easier underneath

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

Just now, Jeezla said:

Speed just helped KC win a SB

It helped, but it's far from the only/primary reason they won. Having good weapons, good wide receivers, and most importantly a good QB and coach helped them win more than speed alone. Give me premiere talent and average speed over average talent and premiere speed.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

It helped, but it's far from the only/primary reason they won. Having good weapons, good wide receivers, and most importantly a good QB and coach helped them win more than speed alone. Give me premiere talent and average speed over average talent and premiere speed.

what if you have to pick between premier talent and average speed vs premier speed and above average/good talent?

I guess that would basically be Lamb vs Ruggs, but imagine if both were the exact same size. So Lamb vs a 6'1 198 lbs Henry Ruggs, who do you take?

Edited by Jeezla

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

what if you have to pick between premier talent and average speed vs premier speed and above average/good talent?

I guess that would basically be Lamb vs Ruggs, but imagine if both were the exact same size. So Lamb vs a 6'1 198 lbs Henry Ruggs, who do you take?

Lamb is easily a far superior talent. You're too tunnel visioned on speed if you'd consider taking Ruggs before Lamb/Jeudy. Now if we're talking about giving less to move up to a later pick say 14/16 then that's something else to consider. Let's look at the other speed demon WR's who were drafted high in recent years Tavon Austin...... John Ross.... Darius Heyward-Bey, It's entirely possible Ruggs is just the next iteration of this. Jeudy and Lamb are more complete wideouts and do more.

19 minutes ago, Danger said:

Lamb is easily a far superior talent. You're too tunnel visioned on speed if you'd consider taking Ruggs before Lamb/Jeudy. Now if we're talking about giving less to move up to a later pick say 14/16 then that's something else to consider. Let's look at the other speed demon WR's who were drafted high in recent years Tavon Austin...... John Ross.... Darius Heyward-Bey, It's entirely possible Ruggs is just the next iteration of this. Jeudy and Lamb are more complete wideouts and do more.

Ross just can't stay healthy. It seemed like he was putting it together last year in the first few weeks of the season (based on owning him in fantasy), and then he got hurt again. He's the Sidney Jones of WR's. DHB had terrible hands and most people thought he was over-drafted. Tavon Austin is a midget. Eventually a speed guy is going to break the mold, but like you say, there's a good chance it isn't Ruggs. And if Ruggs is successful, it will likely be from the slot ala Tyreek, not outside.

Edited by Jeezla

45 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Speed just helped KC win a SB, and will help make life for a Lamb/Judy easier underneath

Both the Eagles and Patriots won the two SB's before that without it. If anything KC is the anomaly right now. Not the norm.

Now does this Offense need some speed absolutely but what it truly needs is a real Go to #1 WR. Whether that is a  Tyreek Hill or Mike Thomas type of WR I couldn't care less.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Both the Eagles and Patriots won the two SB's before that without it. If anything KC is the anomaly right now. Not the norm.

Now does this Offense need some speed absolutely but what it truly needs is a real Go to #1 WR. Whether that is a  Tyreek Hill or Mike Thomas type of WR I couldn't care less.

Not completely accurate. The eagles at least had torrey smith that year so there was the a threat over the top on the eagles. But youre right, Smith wasn't in the same mold as these Hill or Ruggs but he provided what we needed. This offense needs both a new no. 1 receiver but it also needs to have a deep threat. D jax cant stay healthy and is getting old so we need someone with speed who can come in if/when d jax gets hurt this year.