2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

This is the first time ever I feel like I'm not looking forward to the next draft already. 

Where we got a hole? 

S - 4 years
S - 4 years
ILB - Meh position
EDGE - 4 years
EDGE - 4 years
EDGE - 5 years
DL - Clark will get re-signed.

OT - Bakhtiari
OT - Need
WR - Adams, MVS, ESB
TE - Jace
IOL - Already invested
RB - I guess, depending on whether or not Jones can be what he should be able to be. 

It's the boring positions in next year's draft.  OL/DL.  If we finish the season after a deep playoff run, I'm not even opposed to an ILB if we don't re-sign Martinez. 

This season could obviously change our needs, but as of right now, we don't have any serious ones other than OL/DL. 

I can already predict people are gonna be mad when the Packers do not draft an offensive skill player or an ILB in the first round. 

It does look like a good tackle class though:  Walter Little, Trey Adams,  Andrew Thomas, Tristan Wirfs, Trey Smith and Mekhi Becton could all be in that first round mix.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I can already predict people are gonna be mad when the Packers do not draft an offensive skill player or an ILB in the first round. 

It does look like a good tackle class though:  Walter Little, Trey Adams,  Andrew Thomas, Tristan Wirfs, Trey Smith and Mekhi Becton could all be in that first round mix.

Can't wait to have the "Packers don't value off-ball LBs" talk all over again next spring.

• Like 1

As of right now OL / QB and WR seem to be the strength of this class. So what we learn about the trio if WRs we got last year will be helpful. 

Aside from that I see IDL / ILB / RT and possibly corner (Pending King) as primary needs. Would not complain if we went OT > IDL > WR/ILB

32 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Herbert > Tua 

i dont think its fair to compare the 2 QBs. Tua has had and will have the best skill players in the country to work with. JH has had 3 different HC's, and nothing in the way of skill players to work with. its more of Bama > Oregon than Herbert > Tua.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gopackgo247 said:

i dont think its fair to compare the 2 QBs. Tua has had and will have the best skill players in the country to work with. JH has had 3 different HC's, and nothing in the way of skill players to work with. its more of Bama > Oregon than Herbert > Tua.

I'm not comparing the 2. Literally providing my opinion on which I like over the other. No different then what the team with the #1 overall pick will do next year lol.

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 1