2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

17 hours ago, HeresAGuy said:

Quarterback is going to have to be addressed this draft or next.  I think we got the luxury of one more year, but if we dont address it early in 2021 we are really playing with fire.  I will absolutely not be flipping tables if we take a qb early in this draft though, we need to have a succession plan ready, the time is coming.

Why ?

Maybe you just let it play out and when Rodgers is done then you tank for a year and pick a QB early. Unless you are going to throw serious picks at it, your odds on getting a legit successor is low so would rather use those picks on getting Rodgers some weapons. We have a HOF QB, the kind of guy you are pray for when you draft a QB so we need to give him some support instead of filling the WR/TE positions with past it TEs and JAG undrafted receivers and hoping the line can be held together with what is left of Bulaga's knees.

Sure if there is someone who falls to us who you really and truly think could be it then go for it. But don't chase it and I certainly wouldn't throw picks at upgrading the backup. 

4 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Not saying we draft WR in the first round but we need to be drafting them early. For me, in an ideal world you go OT first and WR second.  Hence why you can't be playing games with Blake. As a good productive player entering his second contract, you need him signed as we can't be blowing premium picks on a MLB when the offence needs serious love in the draft.

This is why I'm pounding the table to extend Blake now now now!

I'm big on Trey Adams out of Washington as the first round pick, but it's a wait-n-see on where we would go with a WR in the second. Plus, we really don't know what we have out of ESB given that he's hurt. The fix to all of this is very simple: extend Blake, get a Day 1 ready starter at OT followed by a WR that could eventually supplant Adams, and find a good, young and reliable TE. It could be difficult, but we should have confidence in our organization figuring that part of it out and executing that plan.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Frankly I hope we don’t re-sign Bulaga.  One year too early rather than one year too late on him.  He could still get us a 4th round comp pick, too.

Probably right but still have to replace him ... with who?  I just don't see anybody ready to take over and be comfy with.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

OT Round 1

DT Round 2

WR Round 3

ILB Round 4

Would probably agree.  Man we need to upgrade a few on offense though ... rb to sub Jones, te is shaky plus as you mentioned ot and wr.  Get what you stated in draft and fill in through free agency like this year's defense and watch them go.  Won't have same amount of dollars to spend but there should be some upgrades available.    

2 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Which is why we shouldn't sign him.

More than happy to pay a premium for a one or maybe at a push a two year deal. Like you say, he will probably want longer than that. Which is why you have to walk away. Sitton and Lang are the best examples of why you do this. Sure you may get away with it  but you are playing with fire. These sort of contracts are how you break your franchise. 

Bulaga is indeed the same age (30) as Lang and Sitton were when they were released, so i can see your point and as I mentioned, until recently I would have agreed with you, so banging the drum for him to be retained is very debatable.  For me, it's about how well Bulaga is playing now and how difficult he would be to replace somewhat seamlessly. Keeping him for longer at least allows a new RT to be drafted and bedded in. It would also free up that crucial 2020 first round pick, which could be used as pure BPA, rather than having to be a RT.

I really need to know who it was that said Brian Burns would bust really hard.  I really didn't have a horse in that race, I just remember really hoping Burns played really well just to prove him wrong.  I'd really like to tag him just to lightly troll him.  I know Burns probably would not have done well here, it just sucks seeing him play well and have success while we're waiting on Gary. 

I'm starting to get nervous about Gary. 

27 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I really need to know who it was that said Brian Burns would bust really hard.  I really didn't have a horse in that race, I just remember really hoping Burns played really well just to prove him wrong.  I'd really like to tag him just to lightly troll him.  I know Burns probably would not have done well here, it just sucks seeing him play well and have success while we're waiting on Gary. 

I'm pretty sure it was that JaireAlex guy.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Gary isn't remotely getting the snaps that Burns is getting...

Just now, Joe said:

Gary isn't remotely getting the snaps that Burns is getting...

Yeah, what does that tell you?  Lol.  I'm not pressing the panic button since Gary was a project from the start, but next year if he struggles to get on the field, that's gonna be worrisome. 

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, what does that tell you?  Lol.  I'm not pressing the panic button since Gary was a project from the start, but next year if he struggles to get on the field, that's gonna be worrisome. 

It tells me that he's behind two guys who we paid some serious money...nothing less nothing more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Gary is born 12/3/97

Burns is born 4/23/98

If Gary is a project because of his age, Burns is actually younger

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1