2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

Just now, packfanfb said:

It's catchy. They were doing it at the White House lol. You wouldn't want to see Jaire, King and Delpit rocking their gun gestures in the endzone after a pick 6!?

No.  I want them to shake hands and go back to the sideline like Charles Woodson/Tramon Williams/Sam Shields unless the interception is a game winner.

Entire defenses celebrating every turnover before the game is over is the most obnoxious thing I have ever seen. 

I have no issue with guys like Jaire talking copious amounts of **** during the game, but as far as squad celebrations in the middle of a game that you could lose, I don't like that. 

It's not a big deal, just a pet peeve. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

No.  I want them to shake hands and go back to the sideline like Charles Woodson/Tramon Williams/Sam Shields unless the interception is a game winner.

Entire defenses celebrating every turnover before the game is over is the most obnoxious thing I have ever seen. 

I have no issue with guys like Jaire talking copious amounts of **** during the game, but as far as squad celebrations in the middle of a game that you could lose, I don't like that. 

It's not a big deal, just a pet peeve. 

Okay boomer

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Norm said:

Okay boomer

I'm a Baby Boomer............but I think Outpost is a Millenial.

Boomer, born in 1944-64.........Generation X 1965-79.........Millenial 1980-94..........Generation Z 1995-2015 

...........or did you mean Esiason ?

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

11 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I'm a Baby Boomer............but I think Outpost is a Millenial.

Boomer, born in 1944-64.........Generation X 1965-77.....Xennial 1978-1984.........Millenial 1985-94..........Generation Z 1995-2015 

...........or did you mean Esiason ?

Fixed...

"Boomer, born in 1944-64 (20years)....Generation X 1965-77 (12yrs)....Xennial 1978-1984 (6yrs)....Millenial 1985-94 (9yrs)....Generation Z 1995-2015" (20yrs). 

Not sure who's designating these "generational" periods or what considerations they use to delineate one from the other - but if the trend continues, in another decade (or "generation") or so, they'll be creating them on a weekly basis.

Edited by Leader

On 2/8/2020 at 3:44 AM, OneTwoSixFive said:

You want a rangy, hard-hitting hybrid safety/ILB ? How about Reggie Floyd 6'0" 222,  Virginia Tech.  
https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/reggie-floyd/o9kGlq2UnT

I got Floyd on thedraftnetwork site draft machine with the Packers second sixth round pick. A higher pick is far from a guarantee of success (eg Josh Jones, a 2nd rounder) and you could save the highest draft picks for a DL, WR and true ILB.

Another option would be S Jeremy Chinn (currently listed at around the Packers 4th round pick). He is 6'3", 219 and has a chance to be a playmaking ballhawk.  https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jeremy-chinn/LBtJPoKRIv 

Why not both? One's aggressive in the run game and at worst serve as a ST's body whereas the other needs some coaching and could probably develop into a star or rover type of Safety specifically tasked with guarding TE's in the slot. We play a ton of zone so Chinn, in particular, could possibly contribute early and often.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

"Boomer, born in 1944-64 (20years)....Generation X 1965-77 (12yrs)....Xennial 1978-1984 (6yrs)....Millenial 1985-94 (9yrs)....Generation Z 1995-2015" (10yrs). 

Not sure who's designating these "generational" periods or what considerations they use to delineate one from the other - but if the trend continues, in another decade (or "generation") or so, they'll be creating them on a weekly basis.

I find it hard to believe myself but 1995-2015 is 20 years.