2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

Just now, mtsportsfan1 said:

I was sorta saying it tongue and cheek. I was not saying it specifically happened, just sorta noting that there have been trades where have given up a higher pick to acquire more lower picks. :D

Yes.  That happens.  But they didn't happen where the Packers were taking a massive loss in value.

6 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

By the draft points chart, the last pick in the 3rd round is worth more than the first picks in the 5th and 7th by approximately the value of a mid-4th round pick.  That would be an absurd trade.

might be just crazy enough to work

6 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

By the draft points chart, the last pick in the 3rd round is worth more than the first picks in the 5th and 7th by approximately the value of a mid-4th round pick.  That would be an absurd trade.

I agree the value isn’t there, I’ll also say though the draft value chart is a guideline ( kind of outdated). It is all dependent on draft class. Two high 5s after comp picks(like pick 139/140) probably equals the last pick of r3 (102 last year). 2 mid 4s (like 115/116) for like 102 is robbery.

I'm on the sign an IDL/ILB in Free Agency and hope to god Kinlaw drops to you in the 1st or drops enough that you can trade up and go get him. Then you pound the rest of the draft and go Offense. 

Note: I'm aware Kinlaw probably makes it nowhere near us after the combine is said and done but for right now this is my dream and I'm going to live it for as long as possible.

Edited by Nick_gb

5 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think Kinlaw goes in the top 15.

So do I (Possibly Top 10) but for right now that's not where he's being projected by the draftnik community and since I'm not a scout for a living until he shreds the combine (and he will) I can hold on to that for a little bit and dream. Don't ruin this for me Cabbage! xD

Edited by Nick_gb