2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Into the top 6 or so picks of round 2? An extra 4th. A mid 2nd? Probably a 3rd. To move towards the end of round 2, probably a mid round pick and a 2021 1st.

Just feels like there are gonna be some good RBs available at 30 and RB-needy teams would want to jump on them.

21 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Just feels like there are gonna be some good RBs available at 30 and RB-needy teams would want to jump on them.

Agreed. I'm betting DeAndre Swift falls down the boards simply due to position and both he an Dobbins will be there at 30. If we didn't have Aaron Jones, I'd be all over picking Dobbins at 30. He's a complete back who plays bigger than he actually is. I think he's better than Zeke TBH.

1 minute ago, Fl0nkerton said:

would anyone do #30 OVR to TB for #45 and #76?

We'd have 45, 62, 76, 94, 126 in the top 4 Rounds. We could toss in one of the 6ths as a sweetener.

I don't think we'd have to toss in anything actually.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Into the top 6 or so picks of round 2? An extra 4th. A mid 2nd? Probably a 3rd. To move towards the end of round 2, probably a mid round pick and a 2021 1st.

Yeah the closest I could find is pick #16. The points would just about be equal with us trading our 1st (30th) for their 2nd (48) & 3rd (80). 

I've been scouting safeties and man have I fallen in love with Antoino Winfield Jr. If he were 6'2", then he'd be a guaranteed top 15 pick. Hes a playmaker with great instincts and very aggressive in the run game. I would draft him with our first and throw him in there as our #3 safety. Let him play all over the field. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

Yeah the closest I could find is pick #16. The points would just about be equal with us trading our 1st (30th) for their 2nd (48) & 3rd (80). 

I've been scouting safeties and man have I fallen in love with Antoino Winfield Jr. If he were 6'2", then he'd be a guaranteed top 15 pick. Hes a playmaker with great instincts and very aggressive in the run game. I would draft him with our first and throw him in there as our #3 safety. Let him play all over the field. 

Problem is that Minnesota will reach on him; too many personal connections. I'd love him as a 3rd Safety/Slot guy though.

30 minutes ago, Joe said:

I don't think we'd have to toss in anything actually.

yeah I just hit a mock on TDN and came out with:

45- Jalen Reagor, WR
62 - Tre Diggs, CB
76 - Thad Moss. TE
94 - Van Jefferson, WR
126 - Ezra Cleveland, OT
157 - Davon Hamilton, IDL
172 - Raequan Williams, IDL
189 - Mohamed Barry, ILB
219 - Calvin Throckmorton, OT

How come Oregon's OL is rated so low on there? Weren't they the best OL in the nation last year?

• Like 1

Just now, Joe said:

Problem is that Minnesota will reach on him; too many personal connections. I'd love him as a 3rd Safety/Slot guy though.

I dont think they will. They have Harrison and will be paying Anthony Harris good money. They usually run a 4-3 base and bring in Alexander as a 3rd corner. If they lose Alexander then possibly but I think they have much larger holes to fill in the first. 

2 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

yeah I just hit a mock on TDN and came out with:

45- Jalen Reagor, WR
62 - Tre Diggs, CB
76 - Thad Moss. TE
94 - Van Jefferson, WR
126 - Ezra Cleveland, OT
157 - Davon Hamilton, IDL
172 - Raequan Williams, IDL
189 - Mohamed Barry, ILB
219 - Calvin Throckmorton, OT

How come Oregon's OL is rated so low on there? Weren't they the best OL in the nation last year?

From what I've heard Throckmorton stunk up the joint in the Senior Bowl at OT, but I think he has experience playing on the interior, which is probably where he'll end up playing in the NFL.

Edited by MaximusGluteus

45 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

From what I've heard Throckmorton stunk up the joint in the Senior Bowl at OT, but I think he has experience playing on the interior, which is probably where he'll end up playing in the NFL.

I don't think he sinks as low as the 7th though. He played pretty well at RT against the Badgers, I do remember that. 

The big knocks on him seem to be that he's a waist bender and doesn't take good angles when blocking.

One could start a new thread just about prospects liked that aren't locks to be 1st Round picks, concentration on later round picks.  I guess here is good enough.

I like Justin Madubuike.  He could go Round 1 late, but likely not  Ross Blacklock probably more likely 1, but could tumble to round 2.  We need a D-lineman to not only quickly develop but who could help immediately.  While signing a veteran is likely, I still like one like these two.

LB Malik Harrison, DL, Davon Hamilton, TE's like Adam Trautman and Hunter Bryant, WR's like Gabriel Davis, Van Jefferson, Quintez Cephus.  Be interesting to see where they go.

How far can QB Jake Fromm fall?   At what point do we take him?  What I'm asking is at what point would he clearly be the best prospect on the board and too good to pass on?

8 minutes ago, 15412 said:

How far can QB Jake Fromm fall?   At what point do we take him?  What I'm asking is at what point would he clearly be the best prospect on the board and too good to pass on?

Ugh Fromm's got so much helium it's insane. Like him as a person and a leader, but my line of thinking is, "What's a good round to grab a high-end backup?"

So, like Round 4 or 5 I guess.

I see your Fromm and raise you a Grant Delpit. If he falls to 30 we have to take him right?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Ugh Fromm's got so much helium it's insane. Like him as a person and a leader, but my line of thinking is, "What's a good round to grab a high-end backup?"

So, like Round 4 or 5 I guess.

I see your Fromm and raise you a Grant Delpit. If he falls to 30 we have to take him right?

I'd say yeah. 3rd S gets tons of play. And he can take over for Amos when the contract is up. Easy pick IMO

• Like 1