2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’ll believe it when I see it with Detroit, but Tua, K Johnson, Hockenson and Galladay wouldn’t be a bad offensive core to build around. 

with what coach though? Their HC is a defensive minded guy, they've had 3 different OC's in the last 3 years. At what point do they have stability? 

We've seen this with the Vikings to a lesser extent; they have a ton of great pieces on offense and can't seem to get it done and I'm not pinning it on Cousins because they collapsed down the stretch against Philly with a different QB and lucked their way into that game... OL play has been suspect with both teams...

Edited by Joe

20 minutes ago, Joe said:

with what coach though? Their HC is a defensive minded guy, they've had 3 different OC's in the last 3 years. At what point do they have stability? 

We've seen this with the Vikings to a lesser extent; they have a ton of great pieces on offense and can't seem to get it done and I'm not pinning it on Cousins because they collapsed down the stretch against Philly with a different QB and lucked their way into that game... OL play has been suspect with both teams...

Right. I’ve been fooled by Det before. Heck, this year I thought they’d be respectable . Idk how much longer a leash Patricia has; also don’t want to label him a bad coach yet.  It’s a very odd team. 

Looks like there's going to be a good cluster of TE's around our 3rd. Albert O really lost a full *** round for going back to school with a bad QB and a focus on the run game. Heavy JMike vibes in his play, but he lost the super young status.  3rd looks like a prime slot to add something to the TE room at the moment.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Looks like there's going to be a good cluster of TE's around our 3rd. Albert O really lost a full *** round for going back to school with a bad QB and a focus on the run game. Heavy JMike vibes in his play, but he lost the super young status.  3rd looks like a prime slot to add something to the TE room at the moment.

More like heavy D!ck-Rod vibes...

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/albert-okwuegbunam

4 hours ago, Joe said:

More like heavy D!ck-Rod vibes...

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/albert-okwuegbunam

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Jermichael&l=Finley&i=7924

Ill put money Alberts in the territory. O is a bull to tackle and has a great catch radius. Those write ups arent as bad as you apparently think they are? He's a tight end, I'm not that concerned that he wont run around people. Hes a stalemate blocker, yeah again, that's ok. He didnt get any better on the coachable stuff, thats why hes getting dinged a whole round after going back to school. 

Anyways, Richard with a little more everything isnt a bad tight end either.

On 2/20/2020 at 3:26 PM, HighCalebR said:

Okudah or Brown would be my guess for lions.

I have a feeling Detroit is going to end up with Young. I don’t see Tua falling. Washington needs bodies and has good edge play already. I could also see them pulling the plug on Haskins like AZ Rosen. 

On 2/21/2020 at 3:33 PM, HighCalebR said:

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Jermichael&l=Finley&i=7924

Ill put money Alberts in the territory. O is a bull to tackle and has a great catch radius. Those write ups arent as bad as you apparently think they are? He's a tight end, I'm not that concerned that he wont run around people. Hes a stalemate blocker, yeah again, that's ok. He didnt get any better on the coachable stuff, thats why hes getting dinged a whole round after going back to school. 

Anyways, Richard with a little more everything isnt a bad tight end either.

Except we need someone dynamic at TE. Kelce, Kittle, Ertz, all those guys are lightning fast on their feet, which is why they're successful. They don't "... Lack suddenness in (their) release off the line of scrimmage, even for a TE" or find themselves "..often in ill advised positions when (they are) run blocking due to (their) footwork and ultimately (their) body position."

4 hours ago, Joe said:

Except we need someone dynamic at TE. Kelce, Kittle, Ertz, all those guys are lightning fast on their feet, which is why they're successful. They don't "... Lack suddenness in (their) release off the line of scrimmage, even for a TE" or find themselves "..often in ill advised positions when (they are) run blocking due to (their) footwork and ultimately (their) body position."

We don't though MiLF isnt but thats exactly how Ertz profile looked too. Ertz had questionable speed and mediocre route running. Kelce's reads. . Doesn't have blazing speed. Not a tremendously explosive athlete. Doesn't come out of his breaks all that well. Heres Gronk- Does not have a great top-end speed and may not be able to stretch the field at the next level. Lacks the elusiveness to make people miss after catch

Fluid catching TEs are more important than blazers; can he track the ball, can he box out, can he force his way to a couple extra yards, is the catch window big? 

You can see different line work for him, it looks like he got pretty discouraged, to me, from his assignment and role and he wasn't firing out every play, plenty of snaps where hes getting downfield faster than some of the WR's. Thatd be something I'd interview about.

Run blocking reports on successful TEs are all over the place, it's something thats coachable as long as they're willing. Stalemates are generally good enough for TEs. 

Let the combine come and sort it out. If he tests as poorly as you think he might he'll continue the descent with me. I'm obviously thinking the numbers will be good enough to predict success. As long as hes in the 4.75 or better range I think he's plenty fast. Hopefully the cone comes in 7.2 or better and that will be fine for the size of TE he is. If he gets far outside of that it will be concerning.

• Like 1