2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

18 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

You get that from playing  time with your QB. You can get the smartest WR in the draft (equivalent to being the slimmest kid on the McDonald's playground) and he'll be trained to run routes to his college QBs/coaches offense. Whole different ball game with Aaron.

If the drafted WR is the smartest WR in the draft, he will figure out how to work with Rodgers quickly.  And vice versa.  (Like Davante and to some extent, Lazard.)  That football IQ will help overcome "Aaron being Aaron".

It still won't equate to a 1,000 yard receiver, no doubt.  But, a receiver like that can be a consistent threat in the offense.

GB needs more than a workout warrior.  That's why I feel these film sessions are there to identify which of these highly talented WR's have the brain to come in and be productive early. 

6 minutes ago, crfalker05 said:

Short term - 100%. They can’t trade Stafford so it doesn’t benefit them for at least this year. 

long term - you could sway me but I think Young is the best player in the draft

He'll get Lion'd like all the rest.  They have been picking high in the draft forever and they never really get anywhere .. quit worrying.

3 minutes ago, crfalker05 said:

Short term - 100%. They can’t trade Stafford so it doesn’t benefit them for at least this year. long term - you could sway me but I think Young is the best player in the draft

It is what it is.
Different positions. Both really good talents - but - barring injury, a QBs career will last longer than an EDGE rusher.

We're gonna be dealing with DETs low draft picks one way or the other. #8 last year. #3 this year.
Might be time they win a few games (against our mutual NFCN members - not us) and get back to .500 +/-
They keep losing and supplement their low draft picks with a few shrewd transactions (like getting rid of Matt and translating his cash into more players......) - we'll be dealing with another SF but inside our division.

24 minutes ago, Leader said:

It is what it is.
Different positions. Both really good talents - but - barring injury, a QBs career will last longer than an EDGE rusher.

We're gonna be dealing with DETs low draft picks one way or the other. #8 last year. #3 this year.
Might be time they win a few games (against our mutual NFCN members - not us) and get back to .500 +/-
They keep losing and supplement their low draft picks with a few shrewd transactions (like getting rid of Matt and translating his cash into more players......) - we'll be dealing with another SF but inside our division.

Lions management has been a train wreck for years.  Don't think that will be changing anytime soon unless they retool their management.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I once thought GB really needed a vet at WR this off-season.  Now?  I"m not sure.  There are so many good looking WR's in this draft, that we have to find a couple with high football IQ and I think if we take two of them to go with Adams and Lazard, we will be good at WR.  MVS/ESB are still wildcards there.

We're not expecting to get someone who's going to blow up the way Deebo Samuel did this year. I say go through with drafting a WR but make sure that IDL and maybe ILB(depending on who's there) are taken care of in the first three rounds. 

3 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Both are fine with me!

Benito's arms are too short...hurts him in gap penetration...

Would I rather have Detroit take Tua or Chase Young, that's a tough one.

On one hand if Detroit gets Tua, that's their QBOTF, a potential franchise guy ( and I don't use that term lightly) buuuutttttttt teams can certainly kill some QBs potential and I don't trust Det building a team around him or developing him well. 

If they get Chase Young, he's going to be a monster, and no team, no matter how inept they are can mess that up. They'll still have a younger Stafford, but back injuries scare the hell out of me, so idk how he'll be. I also don't think he ages well. 

• Like 1

The other scenario is the Lions trade #3 AKA Tua for a king's ransom and are set up in the draft for years to come.

Like others have said, it's not worth worrying over. The Lions are in great shape in the draft, and that sucks for us. But on the other hand, they're still the Lions.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

What are our thoughts on Jordyn Brooks?

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jordyn-brooks/tqvRaMrS46

Seems like a reasonable selection at 94 though it sounds like he's crap in the run game.

Depends the way the board falls but I’m really warming up to the idea of going with a 3rd S.

Keeps that versatility on the backend. 
Amos on early and obvious downs.
Coverage guy spells him over the middle for passing. 

Lots of talk about Delpit and McKinney early but look for mid round guys like TX’s Brandon Jones and Savage’s running mate at Maryland in Antoine Brooks 

Think regardless they still add a “pure” ILB prospect but that position probably gets addressed twice one way or another. 

• Like 2