2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

24 minutes ago, festiveonion said:

Depends the way the board falls but I’m really warming up to the idea of going with a 3rd S.

Keeps that versatility on the backend. 
Amos on early and obvious downs.
Coverage guy spells him over the middle for passing. 

Lots of talk about Delpit and McKinney early but look for mid round guys like TX’s Brandon Jones and Savage’s running mate at Maryland in Antoine Brooks 

Think regardless they still add a “pure” ILB prospect but that position probably gets addressed twice one way or another. 

Yes. Antoine Winfield jr baby!!!

I dont like Jones. I dont think hes fluid enough. I've got him as a 5th-6th round depth player. I really like Fuller if your looking midround and he has lots of experience covering in the slot.

1 hour ago, festiveonion said:

Depends the way the board falls but I’m really warming up to the idea of going with a 3rd S.

Keeps that versatility on the backend. 
Amos on early and obvious downs.
Coverage guy spells him over the middle for passing. 

Lots of talk about Delpit and McKinney early but look for mid round guys like TX’s Brandon Jones and Savage’s running mate at Maryland in Antoine Brooks 

Think regardless they still add a “pure” ILB prospect but that position probably gets addressed twice one way or another. 

I'd take McKinney over Delpit given Delpit's tackling issues, but I'm right there with you: run a 5 man front with a 6th guy as an ILB with a 3rd Safety playing as a Star role or whatever. 

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Bummer for Jefferson, old and now injured and won't have any workout numbers. In a class like this hard to see him not going day 3.

Might make him a sleeper pick......

TDN :

• Class RS Senior
  • Conf SEC - East
  • HT6'2"
  • WT197 lbs

BEST TRAIT - Route Running
WORST TRAIT - Age, Production
RED FLAGS - None
NFL COMP - Rashard Higgins

The son of a former NFL receiver and current wide receivers coach in the league, Van Jefferson is a technically-refined receiver that runs nuanced routes and has outstanding hands. He’s a dynamic separator in the short to intermediate areas of the field and his ball skills are impressive. A pro-ready target, Jefferson will turn 24 before he takes an NFL snap and his overall production in college was modest. While he made some plays post-catch and down the field in college, his average athletic profile doesn’t suggest he will be overly productive in either area in the NFL. Jefferson has the potential to play from the slot or outside, preferably in a timing-based offense. Jefferson is a high-floor prospect that should be a steady contributor right away in the NFL.   

Serious question......would you throw a draft pick at this guy?  If so, how high?

Jalen Hurts

• Class Senior
  • Conf Big 12
  • Jersey#1
  • HT6'1"
  • DOB08/07/1998
  • WT218 lbs
  • 7th ranked QB and 75th ranked overall prospect by TDN

BEST TRAIT - Legs, Intangibles
WORST TRAIT - Processing, Accuracy
RED FLAGS - None
NFL COMP - Tyrod Taylor

PROS: Talented runner which should be a big part of his utilization at the next level - get him on the move, designed runs and zone read are all part of what can make him difficult to defend. Has general accuracy down the field and he’s aggressive to give his weapons chances to make plays on the ball. Willing to challenge leverage advantages against man coverage and work the football with touch between zones. Knows when to take something off his pitches and when to dial up the fastball.
CONS: Slow processor that doesn’t work efficiently enough in rhythm. Has a tardy trigger and he prefers to throw to targets that are established as open. Only has general accuracy and his passes tend to float on him. Supporting cast elevates him. CeeDee Lamb bailed him out routinely. Can he read it and rip it or does everything have to be schemed?

54 minutes ago, Joe said:

I'd take McKinney over Delpit given Delpit's tackling issues, but I'm right there with you: run a 5 man front with a 6th guy as an ILB with a 3rd Safety playing as a Star role or whatever. 

I love Delpit's agression, very versatile, really good closing speed, can play man coverage, diagnoses plays quickly but man does he miss tackles. McKinney is your safer pick with Delpit having a higher ceiling but those tackling issues may never go away.

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't really care how much my ILB weighs. Can he see it and stick someone?

I've not seen any of his play - so cant answer your question.

So you're talking more of a Josh Jones/Oren Burk/Raven Green replacement as opposed to a Martinez?

If the former - than the scheme and his playmaking can show through.
If the latter - we're gonna need to bulk up the IDL and keep him clean. If not - at 217# - I fear he could get shielded / pushed off the ball.

Interesting......Patrick Queen - a top LB target - specs in at the same height (6'1") / 227# - so Dugger is only 10lbs off.

Edited by Leader