2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

5 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Any chance that in a loaded receiver class, teams opt to pass on receiver early, and let Ruggs last to 30? Man I'd love him here 

Not with that speed. I could actually see Judy fall which would be a crime since his routes remind me of Jerry Rice. Not the fastest, biggest or quickest but damn, he’s always open. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Not with that speed. I could actually see Judy fall which would be a crime since his routes remind me of Jerry Rice. Not the fastest, biggest or quickest but damn, he’s always open. 

I'd be fine with either. But man Ruggs can fly. Be nice to have that kind of speed on our side

Henry Ruggs III was almost as fast as John Ross at the Combine 40, and he’s a much better football player. I’d be shocked if he drops to 30. In my opinion, unless one of those very top WRs falls into Gute’s lap, I’d be quite surprised if he invests a 1st pick for a WR. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

LaFleur has wet dreams about blocking WRs, Gutey has wet dreams for size and RAS. Don't see how this man isn't someone we're going to push hard for.

Yea that's all well and good but save the draft capital and just split Lucas Patrick out wide. This team needs a Greg Jennings. A pure pass catching machine that is smart and dangerous running the entire route tree. Short, deep, inside, outside. I don't think he got enough credit for how complete his game was. Also the perfect compliment to Adams IMO. I don't know who that guy is from this draft, but that's what I want. No need to be overly flashy at any one thing, but complete in every aspect of the position. All of these 6'-3"+  guys aren't what's needed and dare I say, a treadmill to nowhere. There, I said it out loud

Edited by cannondale

47 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

LaFleur has wet dreams about blocking WRs, Gutey has wet dreams for size and RAS. Don't see how this man isn't someone we're going to push hard for.

This WR class is way too strong to pick a project like Claypool IMO. Pass unless he's there at 94.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Yea that's all well and good but save the draft capital and just split Lucas Patrick out wide. This team needs a Greg Jennings. A pure pass catching machine that is smart and dangerous running the entire route tree. Short, deep, inside, outside. I don't think he got enough credit for how complete his game was. Also the perfect compliment to Adams IMO. I don't know who that guy is from this draft, but that's what I want. No need to be overly flashy at any one thing, but complete in every aspect of the position. All of these 6'-3" guys aren't what's needed and dare I say, a treadmill to nowhere. There, I said it out loud

Justin Jefferson

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

This WR class is way too strong to pick a project like Claypool IMO. Pass unless he's there at 94.

He produced at a major college. He knocked it out of the park at the combine.  He could provide flexibility and mismatches at WR and TE. 

He's a solid second round pick and could slip into the end of Rd 1.