2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You can't be OK with Blacklock and not Gallimore. That inch is totally irrelevant, come on. Again, Gallimore has longer arms which is a FAR more important measurement for any DL.

Dislike them both or like them both, if tape isn't what you're going off and just measurements it's ridiculous to say ones OK and the other isn't.

I don't think Blacklock and Gallimore play alike at all.   Blacklock looks much more disruptive and athletic to me than Gallimore.  Better able to fight a double etc.  Gallimore shoots gaps and reminds me quite a bit of Montravius Adams.

The difference isn't 1 inch in height, or arm length.    They are different players.

56 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Meh.  The only pick I like is Gibson in the 5th.  He could be WR or RB.  Ty Montgomery with speed.

Generally don't want to pick a WR in the 1st round.   The exception(besides the top few) might be Jefferson.   He seems a lot like Jennings to me and might be a really good fit with AR.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

I don't think Blacklock and Gallimore play alike at all.   Blacklock looks much more disruptive and athletic to me than Gallimore.  Better able to fight a double etc.  Gallimore shoots gaps and reminds me quite a bit of Montravius Adams.

The difference isn't 1 inch in height, or arm length.    They are different players.

@AlexGreen#20 hasn't mentioned anything about how they play. Just their height. Hence my "if tape isn't what you're going off of" statement.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Just looked at Drafttek's latest mock. Thoughts?

30. Justin Jefferson
62. Davon Hamilton, IDL, Ohio St.
94. Matt Peart
136. Willie Gay Jr.
175. Antonio Gibson, RB, Memphis
192. Joe Reed, WR, UVA
208. Evan Weaver
209. Reggie Robinson, CB, Tulsa
236. Derrek Tuszka, EDGE, NDSU
242. Danny Pinter

I could live with this.

I don't know the last two players but would be very satisfied with the first 8. 

2 hours ago, Joe said:

Just looked at Drafttek's latest mock. Thoughts?

30. Justin Jefferson
62. Davon Hamilton, IDL, Ohio St.
94. Matt Peart
136. Willie Gay Jr.
175. Antonio Gibson, RB, Memphis
192. Joe Reed, WR, UVA
208. Evan Weaver
209. Reggie Robinson, CB, Tulsa
236. Derrek Tuszka, EDGE, NDSU
242. Danny Pinter

I could live with this.

I’d love it honestly. 
Though I’d rather go with someone else than Reed if we’re going WR there.

1 hour ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Don't know much about Justin Jefferson to comment but he does meet the athletic standards.

62 might be a bit early for Hamilton but at the same time I wouldn't be upset about it.  Would prefer him with the round 3 pick but I don't know if he'd be there.

I like the rest a lot.  Weaver doesn't meet the athletic thresholds but if all you want is an instinctive early-down thumper he definitely fits the bill.  I also wouldn't rule out Gute grabbing someone like Kyle Dugger, Jeremy Chinn, or Tanner Muse (all big athletic freak safeties).

Agreed dont think they’re going Weaver. 

Check out Khaleke Hudson if you like those types. Running thru safeties rn but he’s a tweener. 

6 minutes ago, festiveonion said:

Agreed dont think they’re going Weaver. 

Check out Khaleke Hudson if you like those types. Running thru safeties rn but he’s a tweener. 

Hudson is tough because he's so small and not a cover guy.  I like him but I let someone else take the gamble.

25 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Logan Wilson is going to be a Packer. bet.

had to look him up. Love what I see.

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Hudson is tough because he's so small and not a cover guy.  I like him but I let someone else take the gamble.

Part of the "weaknesses" part of one of his scouting report said "got mauled by Army's rushing attack."

Big no from me...

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

had to look him up. Love what I see.

Part of the "weaknesses" part of one of his scouting report said "got mauled by Army's rushing attack."

Big no from me...

Just working through some of the LB's. The speed really pops against the comp, looks a little jittery and hops himself out of position sometimes. Needs to just slow things down and breathe. He sticks out the way you'd like against comp though.

Khaleke is interesting.. I just don't know what we'd really do with him.

Edited by HighCalebR

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

Just working through some of the LB's. The speed really pops against the comp, looks a little jittery and hops himself out of position sometimes. Needs to just slow things down and breathe. He sticks out the way you'd like against comp though.

Khaleke is interesting.. I just don't know what we'd really do with him.

How? Like a Jatavis Bryant interesting?