2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I was watching Pittman Jr. for the first time, he seems kinda stiff. I see what people like but it just doesn’t look natural his cuts and everything 

Thank youuuuu.....

I've been saying the same thing about him...

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Thank youuuuu.....

I've been saying the same thing about him...

Glad I’m not the only one ! I’m going to watch Claypool again soon. I’m a ND fan but I think it’ll be good to key on him and not focus on Ian Book’s awfulness when evaluating .

8 hours ago, Joe said:

He absolutely HATED the media. One of my relatives lives near his old place on Taylor St. and shortly after he was forced to retire, you didn't dare go near the place.

It was just the local media.  Not sure he hated them, but he NEVER forgave them.  Always had time for National though.  Liked him when he was in studio.

Drafttek's first 3 rounds for us right now...

1. Ezra Cleveland | OT | Boise State
2. Michael Pittman Jr | WR | USC
3. Jordan Elliott | IDL | Missouri

I'd probably be livid. Elliott is the only pick I agree with as I think he'll provide an excellent return on his current draft slot compared to Madubuike/Gallimore/Blacklock.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Drafttek's first 3 rounds for us right now...

1. Ezra Cleveland | OT | Boise State
2. Michael Pittman Jr | WR | USC
3. Jordan Elliott | IDL | Missouri

I'd probably be livid. Elliott is the only pick I agree with as I think he'll provide an excellent return on his current draft slot compared to Madubuike/Gallimore/Blacklock.

Boy are we on the same level today. Cleveland could easily be had at 94. He's a good developmental OT that's probably well off at RT given that his game is more finesse. Pittman Jr. is stiff and sluggish and should bulk up to be a TE. James Siebers is the Packers analyst on Drafttek and I seriously question whether or not he actually follows the team and how legit he is as a reporter. Very surface in his analysis...

• Like 1

How likely is Justin Strnad to be on the board on mid-day day 3 (like 5th round)? I don't understand why draft sites are so down on him. Can someone fill me in? He's got all the athletic tools you look for in a modern day NFL middle backer. 

1 minute ago, Chili said:

Just popping ask why the heck is KJ Hamler so highly rated on many WR rankings. He's tiny and his speed is unremarkable. That's a bad combo.

Want no part of him. He never stood out at Penn State at all. Let him be someone else's bust.

Why do people think D Line is going to be a high priority? Pettine is more comfortable with the LB who can play on the line more, we play with like two linemen a lot of the time and we really need just need a space eater type guy who can be found in the later portions of the draft. I don’t see it 

4 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Why do people think D Line is going to be a high priority? Pettine is more comfortable with the LB who can play on the line more, we play with like two linemen a lot of the time and we really need just need a space eater type guy who can be found in the later portions of the draft. I don’t see it 

Not sure. It should be.

Pettine may be comfortable with the LB who can play on the line in the pressure packages, but we also played 1100 snaps of Lowry/Lancaster and didn't get any production.

why would you want a space eater when you can try for a guy who actually is productive?

16 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Sharpe is the best receiver in Packers history. I know Hutson has the accolades but Sharpe was absurdly good. I was only like 6 when he was at his peak but I remember him vividly. Unreal talent.

It's sad that he didn't get to log a few more seasons in the league .. deserved to get a super bowl ring with Favre.  Sharpe never missed any games during his career, but battled neck related stingers for years.  He used to wear that contraption (a chin strap I beleive) that snapped on his helmet and then ran to the back of his shoulder pads to keep his neck from being pushed down too far.  In watching those highlights you can see it.  He wore it for years.  Eventually it was the neck issue that cut his career short .. had stenosis and got too serious to continue playing.  

Edited by {Family Ghost}