CB Michigan State

GB 236.
Malcolm Perry
RB Navy

GB 242.
Cheyenne O’Grady
TE Arkansas

5 minutes ago, Chili said:

..Lane Taylor was supposed to be the other guard but he ended up losing his spot to Jenkins. If anything his contract isn't so great right now as he is the 28th highest paid guard and he isn't even a starter. I guarantee the team will make their move when the timing is right, whether its by trade or cut. Like someone else said they will probably wait to see how the draft goes and then make their decision on Taylor then.

I may be wrong, and you're probably smarter than me about these things. 

1.  But I'm really not that certain that Taylor is sure to go.  Is $4.1 way too much for your #6 lineman?  Maybe yes; and maybe you're better gambling that the line will be healthy; that a draft pick will be rookie-ready outside; and that Lucas Patrick can cover any injuries inside.  But o-linemen tend to be very injury-vulnerable, and having a 6th guy who is capable is a nice thing.  Maybe that's not a luxury we can afford, I get that.  Or maybe you figure Patrick is better than Taylor anyway, so why carry the extra cost, I get that too.  I'm just not sure that it's a given that he's going to be gone.  

2.  With 5 injury-vulnerable starting linemen trying to play out the full season, I think there's a pretty high probability that one or several of them will need replacement for times short or long; and that you might be pretty happy to have Taylor available to fill in.  Again, that's a scouting question; if you think Patrick has equalled or surpassed him as a player, maybe you won't want Taylor playing anyway.  But I'm not sure Taylor isn't still going to be better and more powerful than Patrick?  

3.  I think depth perhaps also applies to starters who are kinda injured and who could benefit form some rest-recovery time.  One of the problems with lacking depth is that the coach doesn't trust the reserves, and the injured-compromised starter wants to play the hero.  So he's playing on bad ankle but at only 70% effectiveness, and by playing on it the ankle never heals or gets back nearer 100%.  By contrast,  **IF** your #6 guy isn't too bad, maybe playing him is better than playing the 70% starter for the short term; but then perhaps after a couple of weeks the starter can get back to almost 100% and come back healthy for the remainder of the season, instead of playing the remainder at a crippled level?  If that makes sense?  I guess I'm just kinda wondering whether, even if he isn't a starter, whether Taylor might still end up being well worth his $4.1 cap cost?  

2 hours ago, rthom348 said:

Idk if I'm in the minority here, but I'm sold on Tee Higgins. I want that guy to be standing on the other side from Davante week 1.

Tee Higgins is pretty damn good. Easily top 5 in the draft.

However i'm not convinced by his maturity level just yet. In the NFL you got to be incredibly professional. driven, focused and dedicated with alot of self discipline. Someone who constantly work at their craft. When I watch interviews of him i'm not getting that vibe.

Edited by Chili

10 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

growing increasingly nervous we're gonna take one of these trash *** DL guys at 30 

If Gute goes DL over WR in the 1st then we'll know, once and for all, that he'll never take a WR in round 1 because I haven't seen a draft in years where the WR talent is so much better than the DL, from top to bottom. I can't imagine Gute is that foolish but we'll see....

45 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It's not very good as far as prospects go. There are day 2 guys on that list going undrafted.

I swear that **** is intentional. It's like this mobile gambling simulators, I was reading how they pay out like way over 100% and **** to get people to keep playing. Seems just like that, they keep going bc theyre getting 2nd round picks allt he way through.

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

I swear that **** is intentional. It's like this mobile gambling simulators, I was reading how they pay out like way over 100% and **** to get people to keep playing. Seems just like that, they keep going bc theyre getting 2nd round picks allt he way through.

Smart for the site's traffic but terrible for people that actually want to try and be realistic lol

10 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah, online poker (free app) was like that for me when i joined. just stupid good flops and turns. i would stay in with crap bc i know i was going to get "lucky"

• Like 1