3.94 - Saahdiq Charles | OT | LSU
4.136 - Albert Okwuegbunam | TE | Missouri
5.175 - Justin Strnad | ILB | Wake Forest
6.192 - James Lynch | IDL | Baylor
6.208 - Alex Taylor | OT | South Carolina State
6.209 - James Robinson | RB | Illinois State
7.236 - Cole McDonald | QB | Hawaii
7.242 - Evin Ksiezarcyzk | IOL | Buffalo

Here's my latest TDN draft.  I tried to hit a lot of different positions where I thoght there was good value at the time.  My draft philosophy is to go with bigs early, and then work from there.  Getting Blacklock and Niang gives is a couple of quality bigs out of the gate.  Doing this may cost us getting a true top flight receiver, but I was able to rebound with Tyler Johnson, and then one of my favorites in the draft pretty late with James Proche.  I hit LB'er in 3rd and 5th .. hopefully improved our unit.  I think we could go corner much earlier than I did, but couldn't find the right fit earlier.  Garvin is a solid OLB prospect.  Pinkney at TE and Corbin at RB kind of rounded things out.  I passed on QB's on this one.  Hurts was available in #3, but I didn't think he'd really be there so I passed and took Wilson.

30  Ross Blacklock, IDL TCU

62  Lucas Niang, OT TCU

94  Logan Wilson, LB Wyoming

136  Tyler Johnson, WR Minnesota

175 Justin Strnad, LB Wake Forest

192  Jonathan Garvin, EDGE Miami

208  Nevelle Clarke, CB UCF

209  Jared Pinkney, TEVanderbilt

236  James Proche, WR SMU

242  Reggie Corbin, RB Illinois

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Isn't Tyler Johnson more of the same tho? Big WR that can't get consistent separation?

Maybe .. he's no burner for sure.  Not super huge at 6'-2" and 205.  Super productive guy with a nose for the endzone.  A lot of people seem to think he's a strong fit for the slot.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Maybe .. he's no burner for sure.  Super productive guy with a nose for the endzone.  A lot of people seem to think he's a strong fit for the slot.

So he sits behind Funchess for the year? I don't mind Johnson at all, fwiw, just looking for something different from what we already have, I guess.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

So he sits behind Funchess for the year? I don't mind Johnson at all, fwiw, just looking for something different from what we already have, I guess.

I hear ya .. you have to pick your poison and I went with DL an OL in round 1 and 2.  I'd rather be stout on the lines going forward than have a flashy wideout.  

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I hear ya .. you have to pick your poison and I went with DL an OL in round 1 and 2.  I'd rather be stout on the lines going forward than have a flashy wideout.  

Understand completely. We have multiple avenues to take this draft so it's good in a way. We're not pegged to take any one position so we're flexible. Might be an advantage?

30 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Do we really need a WR very high? If EQ comes back healthy and Lazard and MVS take a step up, even a small one, aren’t we ok there now?

Yeah. But is that the bet you wanna make? EQ has had a hard time staying healthy and MVS looked lost out there last year. We really could use at least one more guy who can get separation IMO.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Do we really need a WR very high? If EQ comes back healthy and Lazard and MVS take a step up, even a small one, aren’t we ok there now?

Do we need a DL very high?  If Lowry bounces back and develops an anchor, Adams finally pieces it together, Keke makes a great jump.

Do we need an ILB?  Burks could stay healthy and figure things out, Summers could blossom.

You can play this game at every position.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, squire12 said:

Do we need a DL very high?  If Lowry bounces back and develops an anchor, Adams finally pieces it together, Keke makes a great jump.

Do we need an ILB?  Burks could stay healthy and figure things out, Summers could blossom.

For me it comes down to this,

• When we invested in receivers, we had a devastating passing game
  • When we filled the receiving group with UDFAs and late round picks then the passing game fell off a cliff

Yes, Rodgers regression plays a big part but I don't see why you wouldn't want to at least try and see if he can do it again with weapons instead of yet another year with all the top picks thrown at the defence. 

You can take the 'we are OK there if player X steps up' in every position. Surely we are OK there at MLB now. Seen people mock us safeties and corners in the first  - surely we are OK there now. 

If we really wanted to improve the defence there were plenty of options at ILB/DL and CB. All reasonably priced. On the other hand there was short supply of good offensive talent in FA. This team needs more talent on the offensive side of the ball desperately. Our oline is not as good as it used to be and we have two further players entering free agency next year. We are lacking top WR talent and need better TE's. With two RBs free agents as well next year (those I don't mind picking up next years draft) but we desperately need talent on the offence for now and the future and this draft really needs to spend premium picks on them.

8 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Idt we should count on any of these guys. EQ was a late round pick who missed an entire year. Lazard was undrafted and MVS was a later pick who was terrible for a majority of the season. I think we have to add someone early. 

8 hours ago, squire12 said:

Agree and problem being ... if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.  Can't hit on all the ifs and buts on this team but one or two would sure the heck help.   This year is going to tell who and who isn't replaceable. 

Edited by coachbuns

9 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

EQ was on the bubble and getting hurt might have saved him a chance for next year. Lazard is JAG and expecting MVS to "take a jump" is setting yourself up for disappointment.