2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

37 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

More like Adams. Lancaster is a cheap usable body

Montravius Adams played in less than 18% of the defensive snaps last year.  As much as people dump on Rashan Gary, he he played in 23.5% of the snaps last year.  The Packers save ~840k by releasing Adams.  The Packers release 750k by releasing Lancaster.

30 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Fatty, skinny, fatty is my guess, but I'm starting to wonder if a legit fatty will be there. 

DL is looking rough.  I think you either go Blaclock at 30, or you're waiting until 94.

37 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The guy is either a moron or just needed to slot somebody in the first round and chose the Packers. It's all about getting the % of names correct these days

Edited by cannondale

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

DL is looking rough.  I think you either go Blaclock at 30, or you're waiting until 94.

What I don't get if we need DL, which I believe we do, why did we not address it in FA where there were numerous options and cheap ones at that?

Now we are hoping the right DL guy is available when we pick in the 1st or 2nd round. I don't get it, unless Gute feels happy with what he currently has and is willing to role the dice in terms of what comes out in the draft?

I mean it was obvious he wasn't happy with our WR options and went hunting in FA for an option  regardless of the fact this is a deep draft and he would certainly have picked one up. While with DL the supply in the draft is not deep or that great really. 

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Yeah kind of gross....If there was a move that made IOL a need, maybe. The real draft is going to look like nothing of the group thought of th the internet after pick 3-5

31 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

What I don't get if we need DL, which I believe we do, why did we not address it in FA where there were numerous options and cheap ones at that?

Now we are hoping the right DL guy is available when we pick in the 1st or 2nd round. I don't get it, unless Gute feels happy with what he currently has and is willing to role the dice in terms of what comes out in the draft?

I mean it was obvious he wasn't happy with our WR options and went hunting in FA for an option  regardless of the fact this is a deep draft and he would certainly have picked one up. While with DL the supply in the draft is not deep or that great really. 

That's probably the only logical explanation at this point. Unless we were just lowballing everyone and no one wanted to come to Greenbay. Like even if they felt good they couldn't bring in a cheap option to fight for a spot? I know the NFCCG wasn't all on the DL sucking, but you gotta think we could of at least tried to improve there. 

14 hours ago, moretti19 said:

I would categorize Gary more as an edge. I am not talking about a round 1 guy because they are usually pass rushers. I want a big hog that eats up the running lane. Snacks Harrison would be fantastic but drafting a similar body to that is what I mean.

Still holding out hope we can grab Harrison to be that Pickett type guy for us and draft a guy like Blacklock early or Jordan Elliot in the third. 

As been mentioned, the dream would be to get a 6'5+ Chris Jones type player to pair with Clark and a run stuffer but doesn't look like there is anyone there outside of Kinlaw who should go somewhat early.

7 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

I think it's far more likely that the value never got to the point where it made sense for the Packers to get involved.  I mean, if the value DL signings are really that good, why didn't they sign for more money?  So if they're not as good as some are making them out to be, does it make sense to spend another $3M+ for similar production?  Dean Lowry has a cap hit of $5.2M, and they'd eat $6.5M by releasing him.  There's only so many snaps to go around especially if Pettine is going to stick with his 2 DL look, and you're not going to have a $5M+ cap hit on the bench.  There's ~600 snaps to get from Montravius Adams and Tyler Lancaster.  Dean Lowry gave the Packers 637 snaps last year.