2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

Daniel Jeremiah seems to be high on Love to GB. He was high on Lock to GB last year... and apparently they would of pick him in the 2nd.

i only bring it up because Jeremiah seems to have some buddy in GB. He always seems to have information on them. I wonder if it’s the Baltimore Ravens guy... he would always talk about calling his Ravens contact.

Who is the guy who always has a beat on who the Packers like?  I don’t remember anyone tipping Gary or Savage last year, and I’m pretty sure nobody was on Jaire Alexander to the Packers.  I know there was someone who was pretty consistent during Thompson’s time, but I can’t remember who it was.

Anyone else growing tired of the 50/50 balls talk with regard to WR's as if it's somehow a good thing ? It's not like those are high percentage throws. If that's your calling card as a WR it's a red flag, not a positive IMO. When did this become a thing ??

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Anyone else growing tired of the 50/50 balls talk with regard to WR's as if it's somehow a good thing ? It's not like those are high percentage throws. If that's your calling card as a WR it's not a good thing. When did this become a thing ??

For this group of WR's, it's become a thing with Mims, Pittman Jr., and a couple of the guys that are deemed to be more physical like Shenault and Bryan Edwards. 

On a slight side note, anyone else notice how Collin Johnson of Texas has taken a tumble down the boards? Seemed to be a lock on late Day 2 but is probably a 5th or 6th at this point...

1 minute ago, Joe said:

For this group of WR's, it's become a thing with Mims, Pittman Jr., and a couple of the guys that are deemed to be more physical like Shenault and Bryan Edwards. 

On a slight side note, anyone else notice how Collin Johnson of Texas has taken a tumble down the boards? Seemed to be a lock on late Day 2 but is probably a 5th or 6th at this point...

I'll take the guy that sucks at 50/50 balls but gains separation from route running like back in the olden days.

Unless some top prospect on their board miraculously slides to #30, I sure hope he can trade down. Put me in the camp that would rather end up with 5 or even 6 picks in the top 100 through trade downs & trade ups than just 3. If I thought we were just 1 or 2 starters away from a championship, I wouldn't be saying that. We could significantly address not just WR, but also OL, DL, CB, RB. Easier said than done I know (i.e., need a willing trading partner).

Edited by DWhitehurst
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Unless some top prospect on their board miraculously slides to #30, I sure hope he can trade down. Put me in the camp that would rather end up with 5 or even 6 picks in the top 100 through trade downs & trade ups than just 3. If I thought we were just 1 or 2 starters away from a championship, I wouldn't be saying that. We could significantly address not just WR, but also OL, DL, CB, RB. Easier said than done I know (i.e., need a willing trading partner).

Love that idea too. Question is how do we do it? I'd hate to trade down out of the 30's to mid-late 40's even if it means I get a bunch of late 2nd or 3rd round picks. In the perfect world, we could take four first four picks(30, 62, 94, and 136) and throw in picks 192, 209, and 242 in order to find a way to get picks 37, 47, 67, 77, and 117. I'd be down for that almost every year TBH.

• Like 1