2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Gary's used more like Z where as Fackrell is more like P, but at some point they're still rushing the QB. 

Yeah, that's what I figured. Z's more of an every-down player than P is at the moment. Then again, part of it may have to do with the fact that F is more familiar with the scheme than R, Z, or P. 

On the other hand, if R, Z, and/or P were to go down, we'd probably be thinking F and A...

Just now, Joe said:

Yeah, that's what I figured. Z's more of an every-down player than P is at the moment. Then again, part of it may have to do with the fact that F is more familiar with the scheme than R, Z, or P. 

On the other hand, if R, Z, and/or P were to go down, we'd probably be thinking F and A...

Both are guys that shouldn't be coming off the field for any scenario other than rest. 

On 10/12/2019 at 11:12 AM, Joe said:

Blake should've been extended long ago. Unless we're really high on a MLB in this upcoming draft, we're going to have to extend him. The more time passes, the higher his price.

Honestly, I don't think his value is going to move much over the next dozen games.  He is what he is.  A solid ILB who is nothing spectacular.  The only thing we might come across is his lack of willingness to sign a deal prior to FA.

On 10/12/2019 at 11:54 AM, HeresAGuy said:

Quarterback is going to have to be addressed this draft or next.  I think we got the luxury of one more year, but if we dont address it early in 2021 we are really playing with fire.  I will absolutely not be flipping tables if we take a qb early in this draft though, we need to have a succession plan ready, the time is coming.

Realistically, who are you looking at?  We're not going to be anywhere close enough to draft Tua Tagovailoa, and with how well Joe Burrow is playing he's quickly moving into that top 5 category.  And Justin Herbert is quietly putting up another monster year.  Realistically, we could easily be looking at 3 QBs going inside the top 10.  Jake Fromm is coming off arguably his worst game as a Bulldog, and his stock seems to be trending in the wrong direction.  I'm not sure he's much more than a game manager at this point.  Jacob Eason has some appeal at this point based on upside, but not a potential franchise QB type. Best case scenario, Jalen Hurts turns into Dak Prescott which doesn't seem likely.  You can draft the tools of Jordan Love, and hope you can develop him into something but he's been massively disappointing when we were talking about potential darkhorse FRP.

19 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Your missing the point which is that the depth at receiver is shocking. If Adams go down there is pretty much nothing left, you can't be using MVS as a WR1 - hence the scenario last week when we pretty much had to not bother with receivers which you can't get away with every week. And with Adams becoming slightly more vulnerable to injuries then its more likely we will be in that scenario.

Not saying we draft WR in the first round but we need to be drafting them early. For me, in an ideal world you go OT first and WR second.  Hence why you can't be playing games with Blake. As a good productive player entering his second contract, you need him signed as we can't be blowing premium picks on a MLB when the offence needs serious love in the draft.

That's the case with any team.  How many offenses are going to be fine without their #1 WR?