2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

Fixed

No, it's wrecked. 

Eric Ebron, Jack Doyle, Hunter Henry are all free agents in 2020.  But it doesn't matter anyway since we're trading for that Dolphins TE at the trade deadline.  We're sending our 5th round pick for him. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't want us to draft a QB with our first round pick, but I definitely think it's time to take a QB with a 4th-6th round pick. 

Use that pick and ship to Mia for Rosen reclamation project.  Let him hold the clipboard behind Aaron for a few years.  Smart player good arm and has the potential to be a franchise QB down the road.  Unlikely to find that late in the draft.  That is if he doesn't get killed playing in Mia first.  Really liked him coming out and is now damaged goods.  Bet we could land him pretty cheap.  I was one who advocated using a 2 on him last draft.  Glad we didn't got a stud in Jenkins and Rosen's value continues to plummet.  Think he would do well learning behind Aaron.

3 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Use that pick and ship to Mia for Rosen reclamation project.  Let him hold the clipboard behind Aaron for a few years.  Smart player good arm and has the potential to be a franchise QB down the road.  Unlikely to find that late in the draft.  That is if he doesn't get killed playing in Mia first.  Really liked him coming out and is now damaged goods.  Bet we could land him pretty cheap.  I was one who advocated using a 2 on him last draft.  Glad we didn't got a stud in Jenkins and Rosen's value continues to plummet.  Think he would do well learning behind Aaron.

I would actually like to see this. IIRC Rodgers helped 'mentor' Rosen through the draft process. Seems like a natural fit. 

26 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Rosen sucks and he always will.  Reclamation projects don’t work.  Rosen would suck if he was the QB of a healthy Chiefs offense that added Ezekiel Elliot and a prime Jerry Rice.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Rosen sucks and he always will.  Reclamation projects don’t work.  Rosen would suck if he was the QB of a healthy Chiefs offense that added Ezekiel Elliot and a prime Jerry Rice.  

I'm not sure anyone really knows how good (or not) Rosen could be. Given the teams he has played for and especially the O lines he has been behind, how do you assess his capability ?

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 5:44 AM, mikemike778 said:

Which is why we shouldn't sign him.

More than happy to pay a premium for a one or maybe at a push a two year deal. Like you say, he will probably want longer than that. Which is why you have to walk away. Sitton and Lang are the best examples of why you do this. Sure you may get away with it  but you are playing with fire. These sort of contracts are how you break your franchise. 

Interesting that you reference Sitton / Lang as reasons not to resign Bulaga but don't mention Tauscher and Clifton and then the drafting of Sherrod as reasons why you probably should. The thing is if you're depending on Aaron Rodgers to get you to a Super Bowl again and that's what you're hanging your hat on then you protect that Quarterback no matter what it takes. INCLUDING if it means resigning Bulaga at market value and ESPECIALLY when you have one of the best contract negotiators in the business. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Didn't work for Kizer that's for sure.  Different players.  Rosen's confidence has probably been shattered by now.  I'd normally agree but in GB working with Aaron think he could turn it around.  He'll need to sit for a year or two before he's ready.  The kid is smart and has the traits could have been a much different story if he didn't play on the 2 worst teams in football.  Really think he didn't get a fair shake.  Miami will most likely win the draft sweepstakes and will take a QB #1 overall.  He'll likely be dealt and could be had on the cheap.  Think the price is probably a 4th but might drop even lower if he continues to flame out in Mia.  Mia will probably role with Fitz as their back up next year.  Would really love to have him working with and backing up Aaron.  What has happened to Rosen is a total waste of talent really a travesty.  But hey maybe you are right Outpost he may just suck I'd take a chance tho.  I'll drop it now since this is a draft thread.  We need a DT, OT, ILB, WR (2) and a decent back up QB.