2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

Just now, Packerraymond said:

There are going to be a ton this year that have us taking a WR because of how deep this class is. Going to be a rough mock season for you.

They always have the Packers taking ILB, WR, IOL.  Every year.  Doesn't matter if the class is deep or not.  So many mock draft sites don't understand this sort of thing and they don't understand positional value or that the Packers have stuck to it for the past 10-ish years.  They're lazy and don't actually look at team/GM trends when making their mock drafts.  Like the Bengals.  They always have the Bengals making a DL/EDGE pick when, if there's one guarantee, the Bengals will be drafting a WR/TE/IOL/ILB. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

They always have the Packers taking ILB, WR, IOL.  Every year.  Doesn't matter if the class is deep or not.  So many mock draft sites don't understand this sort of thing and they don't understand positional value or that the Packers have stuck to it for the past 10-ish years.  They're lazy and don't actually look at team/GM trends when making their mock drafts.  Like the Bengals.  They always have the Bengals making a DL/EDGE pick when, if there's one guarantee, the Bengals will be drafting a WR/TE/IOL/ILB. 

Would be nice to have Metcalf or Mclaurin right now. 

Just now, gopackgo247 said:

Would be nice to have Metcalf or Mclaurin right now. 

Nicer to have Jenkins than Metcalf.  As far as Mclaurin, let's see if Sternberger can do anything.  If Sternberger is a bust, yeah, that miss on Mclaurin will suck.  He was taken one pick after Sternberger. 

I'm still not sold on Metcalf.  You're seeing his highlights.  That's it.  In reality, he is 7 receptions and 3 touchdowns ahead of MVS right now. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Nicer to have Jenkins than Metcalf.  As far as Mclaurin, let's see if Sternberger can do anything.  If Sternberger is a bust, yeah, that miss on Mclaurin will suck.  He was taken one pick after Sternberger. 

I'm still not sold on Metcalf.  You're seeing his highlights.  That's it.  In reality, he is 7 receptions and 3 touchdowns ahead of MVS right now. 

So as a rookie, he's outproducing a second year #2 WR with Aaron Rodgers as a QB? Sounds like a pretty good start to a career. Metcalf doesn't get bullied like MVS, he does the bullying, much higher ceiling.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So as a rookie, he's outproducing a second year #2 WR with Aaron Rodgers as a QB? Sounds like a pretty good start to a career. Metcalf doesn't get bullied like MVS, he does the bullying, much higher ceiling.

Russell Wilson also throws touchdown passes to him when he is wide open.  Especially on flea flickers.

People have to stop using, “He has Aaron Rodgers” as a knock against young receivers.  That is a detriment, NOT something that helps them.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Russell Wilson also throws touchdown passes to him when he is wide open.  Especially on flea flickers.

People have to stop using, “He has Aaron Rodgers” as a knock against young receivers.  That is a detriment, NOT something that helps them.

MVS isn't that good, stop using Rodgers as your excuse because he missed him once on a flea flicker.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

MVS isn't that good, stop using Rodgers as your excuse because he missed him once on a flea flicker.

He didn’t miss him once.  He misses him regularly.  Dolphins game last year he was wide open.  Rodgers looked right at him.  Didn’t throw.  Seahawks game, our last best shot to get on any kind of positive streak, 3rd and short late in game, Rodgers throws to his feet.  Chargers game, Rodgers throws to his feet.  Those are just the times I remember the game and the circumstance.  Also, just the ones where you can pick it up from the actual game broadcast.  

Quit acting like this isn’t regular.

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

He didn’t miss him once.  He misses him regularly.  Dolphins game last year he was wide open.  Rodgers looked right at him.  Didn’t throw.  Seahawks game, our last best shot to get on any kind of positive streak, 3rd and short late in game, Rodgers throws to his feet.  Chargers game, Rodgers throws to his feet.  Those are just the times I remember the game and the circumstance.  Also, just the ones where you can pick it up from the actual game broadcast.  

Quit acting like this isn’t regular.

Again, I've said this dozens of times. Rodgers is a landmark thrower, MVS gets pushed off his landmarks and doesn't fight to get back. The bad throws are anyone's guess if they're truly bad or MVS not hitting his spot.

A couple games from last year does absolutely nothing for me. Last year's offense should not be used as evidence for anything other than how bad last year's offense was.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Again, I've said this dozens of times. Rodgers is a landmark thrower, MVS gets pushed off his landmarks and doesn't fight to get back. The bad throws are anyone's guess if they're truly bad or MVS not hitting his spot.

A couple games from last year does absolutely nothing for me. Last year's offense should not be used as evidence for anything other than how bad last year's offense was.

Landmark shmandmark.  If Rodgers can’t see that MVS isn’t where he wants him and adjust his throw then Rodgers isn’t the demigod everyone acts like he is.  This happens all the time.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Landmark shmandmark.  If Rodgers can’t see that MVS isn’t where he wants him and adjust his throw then Rodgers isn’t the demigod everyone acts like he is.  This happens all the time.

Agreed, but you don't see him clunk other guys in the feet often. Graham in week 1 is the only other time I can think of. Guy is a perfectionist and expects his teammates to be the same. Accepting you lost a route and let the DB knock you off your spot doesn't sound acceptable to Aaron. MVS needs to play more physical, he's got the same issues Trevor Davis did and he won't be a good WR unless he fixes it.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Agreed, but you don't see him clunk other guys in the feet often. Graham in week 1 is the only other time I can think of. Guy is a perfectionist and expects his teammates to be the same. Accepting you lost a route and let the DB knock you off your spot doesn't sound acceptable to Aaron. MVS needs to play more physical, he's got the same issues Trevor Davis did and he won't be a good WR unless he fixes it.

If he gets open deep, throw it to him deep. He’s a deep threat who gets open deep.  Use him.  Adapt to him.  That’s why you (Rodgers) get paid 40 billion dollars a year and MVS gets paid under a million.

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

None of which answers the fact that Rodgers is pretty consistently throwing him bricks. It's not like Davante doesn't ever get knocked off his spot. Rodgers doesn't decide to throw it into the ground there as some sort of point being made.