2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Nobody can predict an injury - certainly not a dislocated hip and fractured pelvis. Those are tough to figure....
But - Tua should have been done. The game was over. The guy had been out injured and hobbling around for weeks already.

Get him on the sideline. Protect the player and your teams remaining season.

He did neither IMO and it was a bad decision.

He played last week and did no further damage. I'm siding with a guy who had the medical report on his QB over your opinion on this one! Not going to trash Saban for this. There is plenty to trash him over but this is not one of those times. Yet, you could tell in his post game press conference he was second guessing himself. He felt terrible and he knew it was a serious injury! 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

He played last week and did no further damage.

Lets not go on about unknowns okay? He came out of his last game limping. He's been "hurt" for weeks. Todays game was over.

Just saying. There was no need to him to be in there and as a consequence of his getting hurt? Bama's season could be in jeopardy.

Just now, Leader said:

Lets not go on about unknowns okay? He came out of his last game limping. He's been "hurt" for weeks. Todays game was over.

Just saying. There was no need to him to be in there and as a consequence of his getting hurt? Bama's season could be in jeopardy.

And his coach, whose won how many National Championship? How many have you won? He decided he wanted him to work on a 2 minute drill.

Yep, in hindsight, you could say he should have come out. If it weren't for Tua falling awkwardly while being tackled, we'd never be having this discussion. 

You'd be making a more valid point, not really but, if you said he shouldn't have played at all this week. Clearly, he played well this week and showed no signs of significant injury. You are second guessing the coach. I know that's what fans do, but Saban has a hell of a lot more information about his health than you do. So going on about unknowns is you, not me! 

14 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Unfortunately we don't live in hindsight. We live in the moment and blaming Saban is trash IMO! 

LOL The only person living in the moment was Tua. Not you. Not me.

Unfortunately, we can only comment on things in hindsight. 

57 minutes ago, Leader said:

LOL The only person living in the moment was Tua. Not you. Not me.

Unfortunately, we can only comment on things in hindsight. 

Actually, I'm refusing to second guess the guy. So that would only be you in this scenario! 

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

We’re gonna have to have a serious conversation about whether or not we draft Tua with our first round pick now.  I say yes.

He's got a posterior wall fracture in his hip so first we have to wait and see if he even plays again. Similar injury ended Bo's career. It'll be interesting to see where he's at physically 8 months from now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

He's got a posterior wall fracture in his hip so first we have to wait and see if he even plays again. Similar injury ended Bo's career. It'll be interesting to see where he's at physically 8 months from now.

agreed.   It would be hard to make that selection without seeing where Tua is from a mobility standpoint.  Nov surgery to April gives him 5+ months to recover, but he is probably non-weight bearing/limited weight bearing for around 8-12 weeks following surgery.  Lots of strength loss and the long term health of the hip joint comes into question.  

5 hours ago, packfanfb said:

This injury didnt ruin Bo's career yes the injuries are identical but what ruined bo's career was the complications he had to which included popped blood vessels that went unnoticed. Not the injury itself. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Golfman said:

He played last week and did no further damage. I'm siding with a guy who had the medical report on his QB over your opinion on this one! Not going to trash Saban for this. There is plenty to trash him over but this is not one of those times. Yet, you could tell in his post game press conference he was second guessing himself. He felt terrible and he knew it was a serious injury! 

As you should. Tua knows his own body better then any of us on these boards do. Saban also has the medical reports. A freak accident doesnt make it the wrong call on Sabans behalf. It makes it a freak accident. Nothing more, nothing less. Anyone who blames Tua or Saban is just plain ignorant. 

• Like 2