2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

OT, ILB, WR, TE, DB.

WR and CB to compensate for Tramon retiring and Jackson sucking in free agency.

King looked like a dumpster fire last night.  Hasn't been good for a month now.  CB once again becomes a need that keeps raising it's ugly head.

5 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

I don’t think I trust Gutes ability to draft enough to even get pumped about the draft anymore. Dude has all-pro caliber talents like Derwin and Burns fall into his lap and they’re not packers. Wanted that Burns + AJ Brown combo so bad last year. 

Nevermind how well Elgton Jenkins has been playing. I wanted Burns over Gary too, but as the season moves on, I’m thinking we should’ve went with Dexter Lawrence instead.

I sure hope this is a hoax and not really Joe Burrows twitter account. Old tweets, but they will not play well, nor should they, in the court of public opinion of him. This would be a major red flag IMO! 

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/11/23/old-joe-burrow-tweets-show-him-ripping-roger-goodell-nba-teams-picking-foreignors-pics/?fbclid=IwAR3uc5dx2igWY2hetHQ5nsBL4qUbYMzRVS07x8k1XVgsN-SJ9hGWbs9sjME

Edited by Golfman

10 hours ago, Joe said:

Nevermind how well Elgton Jenkins has been playing. I wanted Burns over Gary too, but as the season moves on, I’m thinking we should’ve went with Dexter Lawrence instead.

As I said somewhere, I was sure it was gonna be a DL to replace the expiring Daniels. I'm guessing they didn't feel a DL was worth #12 and shot for the moon even though they had signed Smithx2. That gamble really backfired because now we still need a DL or two and an OT. All while drafting in the 20's. Gute had to know this but risked it anyway. Now he has an impossible task and Gary sucks.

Edited by cannondale

4 hours ago, Golfman said:

I sure how this is a hoax and not really Joe Burrows twitter account. Old tweets, but they will not play well, nor should they, in the court of public opinion of him. This would be a major red flag IMO! 

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/11/23/old-joe-burrow-tweets-show-him-ripping-roger-goodell-nba-teams-picking-foreignors-pics/?fbclid=IwAR3uc5dx2igWY2hetHQ5nsBL4qUbYMzRVS07x8k1XVgsN-SJ9hGWbs9sjME

Holy crap, the dude is a straight up bigot it would appear.  That, or just incredibly impulsive, immature, and stupid.

On 25/11/2019 at 9:19 AM, FinneasGage said:

I don’t think I trust Gutes ability to draft enough to even get pumped about the draft anymore. Dude has all-pro caliber talents like Derwin and Burns fall into his lap and they’re not packers. Wanted that Burns + AJ Brown combo so bad last year. 

Good Lord, if you get your nose out of joint because the Packers didn't draft your guy, you are in for a lifetime of disappointment. They almost never draft the guys I want, and I just accept it and try to get on board with who they did pick. It was well known that my early-round favourites in the last draft were Clelin Ferrell and Jeffery Simmons. I doubt Gary was the top guy of many, if any, posters.  If you start pining for T.J.Watt over King, or who we could have drafted instead of OT Tony Mandarich (the next three guys taken were Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas and Deion Sanders), it's just self-harming.

First you have to let those high picks play out, then in their second or third year, when you know what you have, it's long enough after they were drafted that it hurts less if they bust and is just sort of accepted if they are good,  like Josh Jones and Damarious Randall vs Kenny Clark and Jaire Alexander.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Golfman said:

Anybody think Tua slides out of the top 5-7 picks? Bengals, Dolphins, Broncos, Chargers will all be looking for a QB. 

fixed...

He'll be the next 2nd round pick to come back from a horrific injury and be productive. On the other hand, he wasn't exactly lighting it up for 'Bama before the injury. I have reservations about him, but not because of the injury. FWIW, these are the same reservations I have with Jake Fromm.

Sorry to kinda double post here, but now that I do a little more thinking on this, there are going to be a lot of busts at QB this coming year IMHO and a lot of these teams with game manager QB's, like Tennessee, should be looking at 2021's draft. Sure, Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields are the big names, but don't rule out Charlie Brewer or Tanner Morgan. Lots of underwhelming performances out of some of the top prospects like Jake Fromm and Jacob Eason. I don't trust this class...