2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

1 hour ago, gopackgo247 said:

how old was Favre when they drafted Rodgers?

Turning 36 that year and he'd been talking about retirement for 2 years prior to the drafting of AR12.  

Edited by SSG

4 minutes ago, gopackgo247 said:

so a bit of a different situation but basically the same age. i think now is the time to start looking for a QB. 

A very different situation but yes, around the same age.  Sherman was just fired and we'd just gotten humiliated at home in the playoffs by the Vikings in a game that Favre was awful in.  

20 hours ago, Golfman said:

I sure hope this is a hoax and not really Joe Burrows twitter account. Old tweets, but they will not play well, nor should they, in the court of public opinion of him. This would be a major red flag IMO! 

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/11/23/old-joe-burrow-tweets-show-him-ripping-roger-goodell-nba-teams-picking-foreignors-pics/?fbclid=IwAR3uc5dx2igWY2hetHQ5nsBL4qUbYMzRVS07x8k1XVgsN-SJ9hGWbs9sjME

I hope it effects his draftability.  Hopefully he will slide into the 20's and we could snag him.

Look at the dates on those tweets, then notice his age now and do a little math.  I, for one, am not going to judge a 15-16 year old's whole life from his formative years.  Seriously, if you think this is a direct reflection of his feelings or attitudes now, then I don't think you (collectively you, not you specifically) remember everything you said as a teenager.

To me the saddest thing is that some jerk off reporter wants to dig up dirt on 15-16 year olds.  C'mon, this social media policing of everything someone's ever said or thought is ridiculous.

Use it in contract negotiations. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

I hope it effects his draftability.  Hopefully he will slide into the 20's and we could snag him.

Look at the dates on those tweets, then notice his age now and do a little math.  I, for one, am not going to judge a 15-16 year old's whole life from his formative years.  Seriously, if you think this is a direct reflection of his feelings or attitudes now, then I don't think you (collectively you, not you specifically) remember everything you said as a teenager.

To me the saddest thing is that some jerk off reporter wants to dig up dirt on 15-16 year olds.  C'mon, this social media policing of everything someone's ever said or thought is ridiculous.

Use it in contract negotiations. 

I'm here for this opinion.

But also. regular Wisco folks would love 14/15 y.o. Burrows. Let's bring him in. Anti Kaep

Obviously you need to know the context of the first one,

But

At the time, there was nothing wrong with saying "foreigners" instead of "foreign players". This wasn't an anti-foreigners sentiment. This was pre-Trump, he (like a ton of talking heads on ESPN) were probably confused as to why so many NBA teams were spending 2nd round picks on European players that then just would never come over to the NBA to play rather than on domestic players who might not be very good, but would at least be in training camp. 

Ripping on the Commish was and is remains a staple of American small talk, why are we getting on the dude for that?

• Like 1

I hate the "go through old tweets when they were teenagers" schtick. I live in a similar town to where he went to HS (demographic-wise) and can assure you most of the kids his age were saying the same exact thing. Doesn't make it right, but there's a world of difference between 16 and 23.

That being said, don't think there's any way it affects his draft stock.

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Obviously you need to know the context of the first one,

But

At the time, there was nothing wrong with saying "foreigners" instead of "foreign players". This wasn't an anti-foreigners sentiment. This was pre-Trump, he (like a ton of talking heads on ESPN) were probably confused as to why so many NBA teams were spending 2nd round picks on European players that then just would never come over to the NBA to play rather than on domestic players who might not be very good, but would at least be in training camp. 

Ripping on the Commish was and is remains a staple of American small talk, why are we getting on the dude for that?

Two things are even questionable in all of those tweets - The Foreigners thing, which you explained well and the Monkeys tweet which has no context and by the date no major sports outside of baseball were going on. For all we know he was at the zoo and actual monkeys were going crazy. 

This is outrage culture at its finest, people are acting like he is dropping full blown slurs. This is ridiculous and he is still going #1. 

3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

So are we mostly in agreement that DT/DE and offensive skills are the biggest needs? OT is there but I'm comfortable with Bulaga and Bakh for a couple more years, and ILB should be a mid round pick

Skills gotta be a free agent.  Agholor, Adams, MVS, ESB, Lazard I am fine with.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/

LOTS of mid-tier receivers hitting Free agency.  Some deep threat options, reliable third down options.  Best chance of Rodgers throwing to them is if they’ve been in the league a while.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Skills gotta be a free agent.  Agholor, Adams, MVS, ESB, Lazard I am fine with.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/

LOTS of mid-tier receivers hitting Free agency.  Some deep threat options, reliable third down options.  Best chance of Rodgers throwing to them is if they’ve been in the league a while.

why not both? We need to inject some serious talent.

I'm happier with Adams, Agholor, MVS, ESB, late 2nd round pick. 

If not this year will have to be the next. I don't think 1 guy fixes that room. As of today I don't think we even have a future WR2 on the roster, so who will replace Adams in 3 years?

If we cut Graham and sign AJ Green, then that will stopgap it for a while, but that's probably not the best use of our cap space. 

Edited by JBURGE

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

why not both? We need to inject some serious talent.

I'm happier with Adams, Agholor, MVS, ESB, late 2nd round pick. 

If not this year will have to be the next. I don't think 1 guy fixes that room. As of today I don't think we even have a future WR2 on the roster, so who will replace Adams in 3 years?

If we cut Graham and sign AJ Green, then that will stopgap it for a while, but that's probably not the best use of our cap space. 

Look at the post I just made in the WR thread.  We don’t have a receiving talent problem.  MVS is a ****ing superstar playing for the Chiefs, Ravens, Seahawks, Patriots or Saints right now.  

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Look at the post I just made in the WR thread.  We don’t have a receiving talent problem.  MVS is a ****ing superstar playing for the Chiefs, Ravens, Seahawks, Patriots or Saints right now.  

I did just comment on it too. I don't agree. Yes we have a QB problem, but the WR group is weak. Nothing wrong with wanting to draft a player in the 2nd for the future