2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

6 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

If this team spends another early pick trying to upgrade the secondary, I am going to be throwing something at my TV. 

I will, too, but not if Pettine is gone.  This secondary is wildly talented.  At the very least physically.  I think it sucks so much because of their coach rather than their ability.  Still, you can never have too many good defensive backs.  

We just gotta find a way to get two first round picks.  

19 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

If this team spends another early pick trying to upgrade the secondary, I am going to be throwing something at my TV buying a new TV. 

Then keep a pile of socks near you come draft time. Otherwise, your comment could better read as above :)

7 hours ago, Skippy said:

Bulaga isn't stupid. He loves GB, he knows his knees are a mess. His bed bud is Baktiarri. I think he's the type of guy that will want to sign a 2 year deal and just be done with football after that. It truly wouldn't shock me if he retired at the end of this season anyways. Players are getting out of the game earlier than they use to, especially linemen. 

Yeah he has a ring and must surely have set his family up for life financially.  Common sense would say he would be crazy to carry on but guess it can be hard to walk away.

8 hours ago, Skippy said:

Bulaga isn't stupid. He loves GB, he knows his knees are a mess. His bed bud is Bakhtiari. I think he's the type of guy that will want to sign a 2 year deal and just be done with football after that. It truly wouldn't shock me if he retired at the end of this season anyways. Players are getting out of the game earlier than they use to, especially linemen. 

That is actually possible.............. and the best justification I have heard for him accepting a deal for less than 3 years.

8 hours ago, Skippy said:

Well after watching Dallas as of late,  we really screwed up letting Cobb go. Love him or hate him, the very least you'd have to say is he'd be tons better than Allison at this point in his career. Cobb was a guy that always knew when and how to scramble towards Aaron when a play was breaking down. Our current core of guys just don't get that and I don't know why not. I guess I blame a ton of that on coaching as well. 

My memory of the time when it was a matter of keeping Jordy Nelson or Randall Cobb. Jordy went first in March 2018, to the Raiders (Cobb went a year later). I was surprised at how many people at the time wanted Jordy to be kept over Randall. I felt that at the time of that decision that Jordy had lost what had made him such a good receiver over the years (and I guess he thought so too as he was talking retirement during his first season with the Raiders). They had signed him to a 2 year deal, but let him go after one season. Cobb was (imo) underappreciated in Green Bay. He was a good, very aware receiver, that was injured just a bit too much for comfort.

Jordy Nelson should never have been cut. Rodgers threw to him when he shouldn’t have, and Jordy came down with it more often than he should have.  He was done, but his connection with Rodgers wasn’t, and he could come out of retirement on Monday and still have 37 receptions for 360 yards and 4 touchdowns before the regular season is over.  Give or take 5 receptions and 50-60 yards.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Jordy Nelson should never have been cut. Rodgers threw to him when he shouldn’t have, and Jordy came down with it more often than he should have.  He was done, but his connection with Rodgers wasn’t, and he could come out of retirement on Monday and still have 37 receptions for 360 yards and 4 touchdowns before the regular season is over.  Give or take 5 receptions and 50-60 yards.

Rodgers uses Adams the same way, and he's twice the player, and everyone hates it

• Like 1