He'll be Brian Brohm if he does...

5 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Uh, we just moved Looney from DT to TE. I think we are all set at TE. ;):D

...why...

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Eric ebron for some of grahams cash?

Hunter Henry for all his cash?

No...

I wouldnt mind having some of this rookie "non-production" around.

Noah Fant/DEN: 13 games / 35 receptions / 59 targets / 492 yards / 14.1 avg / 3 TDs / 21 first downs.
Fant who's had squat throwing the ball to him all year is matching or exceeding the production of......

Jimmy Graham: 13 games / 32 receptions / 48 targets / 382 yards / 11.9 avg / 3 TDs / 19 first downs 

The rookie "non-production" of this guy would be a nice foundation for the future as well.....

TJ Hockenson/DET: 12 games / 32 receptions / 59 targets / 367 yards / 11.5 avg / 2 TDs / 18 first downs

I know. Those rookie TEs.....they just dont (or cant) produce............

Lets go in a different direction. Lets not focus on just the "top TE talent" - lets look at this guy:

Dawson Knox/BUF: 13 games / 26 receptions / 45 targets / 344 yards / 13.2 avg / 2 TDs / 13 first downs

There it is again! Another one of those pesky rookie TE actually having the temerity to contribute in his rookie year. It just cant be!

The point is proven. Talent is talent is talent. Its simply a matter of utilizing it....and clearly, it can be done.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Noah Fant/DEN: 13 games / 35 receptions / 59 targets / 492 yards / 14.1 avg / 3 TDs / 21 first downs.
Fant who's had squat throwing the ball to him all year is matching or exceeding the production of......

Jimmy Graham: 13 games / 32 receptions / 48 targets / 382 yards / 11.9 avg / 3 TDs / 19 first downs 

The rookie "non-production" of this guy would be a nice foundation for the future as well.....

TJ Hockenson/DET: 12 games / 32 receptions / 59 targets / 367 yards / 11.5 avg / 2 TDs / 18 first downs

Lets go in a different direction. Lets not focus on just the "top TE talent" - lets look at this guy:

Dawson Knox/BUF: 13 games / 26 receptions / 45 targets / 344 yards / 13.2 avg / 2 TDs / 13 first downs

There it is again! Another one of those pesky rookie TE actually having the temerity to contribute in his rookie year. It just cant be!

The point is proven. Talent is talent is talent. Its simply a matter of utilizing it....and clearly, it can be done.

That's like 1 or 2 good games for each of those players. The rest of the games are all like 2 catch 30 yd games. That's not really producing? They're flashing, sure. But you cant show missed assignments bad blocks in stats. 

You kindve just proved outposts point?

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

That's a whole lot of 1 first down per game to be calling production.

Just now, Leader said:

You're hyping up 35 receptions for 492 yards?  That's a 20th overall tight end who has 3 more receptions for 100 more yards than a 33-year-old tight end with 2 more first downs and the same amount of touchdowns on 11 more targets. 

You're hyping up Hockensen, who has the same amount of receptions, less yards, less touchdowns, less first downs as a 33-year-old tight end.  On 11 more targets. 

You're hyping up a TE who has 6 less receptions for 40 less yards, 6 less first downs, one less TD on 3 less targets. 

Two of them were first round picks.  One of them 8th overall.  And you're acting like you somehow got me? 

You want Noah Fant on this team instead of Darnell Savage? 

And these are all compared to Jimmy Graham, the guy everybody here calls a bum.

Are you seriously acting like you somehow got me on this? 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That's a whole lot of 1 first down per game to be calling production.

Again. The point is proven. Rookie TEs can produce. They dont have to be consigned to some "holding pattern" waiting on year two to actually start doing what got them drafted in the first place - and clearly - some other teams are making use of them.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Are you seriously acting like you somehow got me on this? 

Outpost - you're first reply to my comment me presumed it was in some way a response to you. It wasnt. Nor is this data "acting like I've got you" in some fashion.  You've not been a consideration in either of my comments.

Just now, Leader said:

Again. The point is proven. Rookie TEs can produce. They dont have to be consigned to some "holding pattern" waiting on year two to actually start doing what got them drafted in the first place - and clearly - some other teams are making use of them.

Are you really that dense and incapable of admitting you're wrong?  That production is similar to a 33-year-old TE who everybody thinks is a bum.  The point is proven?  Lol.  I almost feel bad responding to you since you actually believe you proved a point other than my own. 

Noah Fant has had 7 games under 30 yards receiving. 

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

None of those guys are producing anything above replacement level

Just now, Leader said:

Outpost - you're first reply to my comment me presumed it was in some way a response to you. It wasnt. Nor is this data "acting like I've got you" in some fashion.  You've not been a consideration in either of my comments.

I don't care who your point is for.  Your point can be for the population of China or Antarctica and it's still wrong. 

8 of Hockensen's games were for under 30 yards receiving.
7 for Fant.
7 for Graham. 

Comparing these rookies to someone who everyone considers to be at the end of his career and not producing like he should and somehow thinking you made any kind of valid point is laughable. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

None of those guys are producing anything above replacement level

Please do me the favor and copy/paste the comment from me wherein I say rookie TEs should produce at AllPro levels their first year? I've continually used the word "contribute" and I consider the stats provided evidence the players cited are doing just that. You dont think so? Fine. Point noted. As I said, I wouldnt mind having that level of rookie "non-production" on our team right now. It's exceeding our #1 guy who's had the good fortune of being healthy all year.
Again - rookie TEs can produce and contribute.

Edited by Leader