2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:
11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Albert Okwuegbunam is still pretty good.

He is, are you prepared to take him in the first third or so of the 2nd round? 

At the moment on the NFL mock draft simulator he is rated  #143 overall. That is very late 4th or very early 5th round (depending on comp picks)

This is an almost calamitous fall, considering some early projections had him as a late first rounder. I know that, because I did a Packers 5 round mock and was suprised to see him so far down (yes, I took him with a late 4th).

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Graham isn't a worthless blocker. He's been just fine. Graham being a worthless blocker has been more meme than fact for like 6 years now.

Graham is miles better as a receiver than Lewis who genuinely is worthless as a receiver unless the linebacker assigned to cover him bites hard on play action. 

Graham falls into the same problem as MVS, they're big play guys with a QB who doesn't like to throw to them and is now terrible on the big play.

We'll agree to disagree.  If Jimmy Graham is the caliber of blocker you want at TE more power to you.  There are moire than a dozen different clips of him missing on blocks about as bad as you'll ever see a NFL player miss.  His miss at the second level against the Giants was one of the most disgusting displays of effort you will EVER see in the NFL.  

I get it, everything is Aaron Rodgers fault.  If we didn't have the NFL's worst starting who's terrible at everything, we'd have a game changing TE in Jimmy Graham.  

33 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

like incog said, hindsight is 50/50

Speaking of hindsight; we should of had the Titans entire 2019 draft, with the addition of Savage and minus Hooker since we didn't have a 4th round pick. 

I call that hindsight but their draft basically looks like they stole it directly from a mock on this board. 

Edited by Victor1124

Just now, JBURGE said:

I don't either. Are you a go for taking a WR with one of our first 2 picks? 

I'm more inclined to go WR in the 2nd round then I am TE in the first or second round.  From my early look, this is going to be a really good WR class.  You've got potentially 6/7 WRs who could go in the first round.  Naturally, they aren't all going to go that early but they slip into that second round range absolutely.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SSG said:

We'll agree to disagree.  If Jimmy Graham is the caliber of blocker you want at TE more power to you.  There are moire than a dozen different clips of him missing on blocks about as bad as you'll ever see a NFL player miss.  His miss at the second level against the Giants was one of the most disgusting displays of effort you will EVER see in the NFL.  

I get it, everything is Aaron Rodgers fault.  If we didn't have the NFL's worst starting who's terrible at everything, we'd have a game changing TE in Jimmy Graham.  

Are you referring to the clip against the Giants where the defender decided to go to Graham's right and Williams went to Graham's left, taking the defender out of the play? That's a good outcome. That's what you want to happen?

33 minutes ago, SSG said:

Why does it have to be the absolute extreme the other way?

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Are you referring to the clip against the Giants where the defender decided to go to Graham's right and Williams went to Graham's left, taking the defender out of the play? That's a good outcome. That's what you want to happen?

If that's the sort of block that you "want to happen" more power to you.  There were 2 guys he could have hit and the pansy decided he wasn't going to lay a finger on either.  Judging by his reaction, it doesn't look like that was the outcome he had wanted.  

7 minutes ago, SSG said:

If that's the sort of block that you "want to happen" more power to you.  There were 2 guys he could have hit and the pansy decided he wasn't going to lay a finger on either.  Judging by his reaction, it doesn't look like that was the outcome he had wanted.  

If your Back is a step behind you to your left, and the defender decided to go around you to your right, that is mission accomplished. The defender is out of the play.

Bulaga letting the guy through is a bigger issue on that play than Graham.

Also, does that Twitter account do anything other than follow Graham around? Literally says in the tweet "unfair to grade players on poor field conditions. Even surehanded receivers drop passes" only to show a play of Graham missing a block in the open field. 

It is WAY harder to block in the open field in ****ty conditions than it is to catch passes.

Edited by AlexGreen#20

58 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Why does it have to be the absolute extreme the other way?

Because that's the sense I get.   Everything is Aaron Rodgers fault.  He's a terrible pre-snap QB, with no arm, terrible accuracy, holds onto the ball way too long and would rather lose than throw it to someone not named Adams.  Guys like Jimmy Graham and MVS aren't playing up to the level we anticipated for no other reason than bad QB play.  I get it, he makes a lot of money and some think he should be playing for free but there is no reason #12 is the ONLY player on the offense who should be getting criticized and some weeks he's absolutely trashed regardless of how well he does or doesn't play.  He's the only one some want to hold accountable while they're making dozens of excuses for the rest of the guys who aren't carrying their weight.  If he's not standing on his head and playing the position blind folded he's the only reason the offense is struggling.

Edited by SSG

6 minutes ago, SSG said:

Lol this is so your account, "eye in the sky that bought gamepass just to post Jimmy Graham's worst blocks". That account literally does nothing else worthwhile but crap on Graham.

Graham's blocking has improved immensely this year, if you think otherwise it's because of an agenda.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol this is so your account, "eye in the sky that bought gamepass just to post Jimmy Graham's worst blocks". That account literally does nothing else worthwhile but crap on Graham.

Graham's blocking has improved immensely this year, if you think otherwise it's because of an agenda.

Not my account at all.  I call it like I see it.  I'm not going to call a terrible attempt at a block a great block just because he's a Packer. 

I get it, accountability is a foreign concept for some.  It's easier to make excuses for your favorite players than to call a bad play a bad play.  

Just now, SSG said:

Not my account at all.  I call it like I see it.  I'm not going to call a terrible attempt at a block a great block just because he's a Packer. 

I get it, accountability is a foreign concept for some.  It's easier to make excuses for your favorite players than to call a bad play a bad play.  

It's not a good block or a bad play. His guy doesn't make the tackle and the run goes for what looks like 6-8. Absolutely no reason to call attention to it unless you have a clear and obvious agenda, which you both do.