2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I have just a little time, thought I'd pull this out regarding EDGE guys from last year since Polite was mentioned.

Through 14 games.  Per Pro Football reference.

Jaylon Ferguson, Ravens,  11 pressures, 28 combined tackles, 2 sacks.  

Clelin Ferrel, Raiders, 13 pressures, 34 combined tackles, 3.5 sacks.

Nick Bosa, 49ers, 33 pressures, 41 combined tackles, 9 sacks.

Josh Allen, Jags, 37 pressures, 39 combined tackles, 10 sacks.

Montez Sweat, 'Skins,  20 pressures, 43 combined tackles, 5 sacks.

Brian Burns, Panthers, 20 pressures, 20 combined tackles, 5.5 sacks.

Rashan Gary, Packers, 4 pressures, 20 combined tackles, 2 sacks.

Early results for Gary do not look good, but he's getting more snaps now and he appears to be better of late.  I had no clue that Josh Allen was doing this good.

Without per snap numbers this is useless. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I have just a little time, thought I'd pull this out regarding EDGE guys from last year since Polite was mentioned.

Through 14 games.  Per Pro Football reference.

Jaylon Ferguson, Ravens,  11 pressures, 28 combined tackles, 2 sacks.  

Clelin Ferrel, Raiders, 13 pressures, 34 combined tackles, 3.5 sacks.

Nick Bosa, 49ers, 33 pressures, 41 combined tackles, 9 sacks.

Josh Allen, Jags, 37 pressures, 39 combined tackles, 10 sacks.

Montez Sweat, 'Skins,  20 pressures, 43 combined tackles, 5 sacks.

Brian Burns, Panthers, 20 pressures, 20 combined tackles, 5.5 sacks.

Rashan Gary, Packers, 4 pressures, 20 combined tackles, 2 sacks.

Early results for Gary do not look good, but he's getting more snaps now and he appears to be better of late.  I had no clue that Josh Allen was doing this good.

Holy crap. Me either.

7 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I really want a WR in round 1 this year if there is one that fits where we pick. Deep class and we should be able to get a good one. I will rely on growth from Sternberger and Tonyan at TE and hope for the best. 

I would target a free agent TE to be our #1 next year .. not sure who will truly be available, but we need a veteran who can step in and lock down a starting gig and produce.  TE is a tough position for young guys to master early on, so I doubt Tonyan or Sternberger will truly be ready to lock down a starting role.

I'd take a WR in the late first if the right guy is there, but we might be able to find a high quality wideout in round two or three.  I think we also should sign a veteran wideout as well.  I would not count on Lazard, MVS or ESB for anything above #3 wideout.  We can't go into next season with the same cast of characters.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Gary has used counter moves and not just awkwardly ran into the OL opposite him in back to back weeks now. We're getting somewhere finally.

Should be pretty fresh down the stretch and into the playoffs.  Maybe they can increase those reps a bit .. the Smith's were a little on the quiet side yesterday and could probably use a bit more rest.

While I believe the team needs to draft a top receiver next year, not with the first pick,  I would like to see them bring in an assignment sure veteran that they can be pretty sure Rodgers will throw to.   In the draft the Packers would probably benefit by looking for the smartest rather than the fastest if they want him to contribute in Rodgers time. 

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I would target a free agent TE to be our #1 next year .. not sure who will truly be available, but we need a veteran who can step in and lock down a starting gig and produce.  TE is a tough position for young guys to master early on, so I doubt Tonyan or Sternberger will truly be ready to lock down a starting role.

I'd take a WR in the late first if the right guy is there, but we might be able to find a high quality wideout in round two or three.  I think we also should sign a veteran wideout as well.  I would not count on Lazard, MVS or ESB for anything above #3 wideout.  We can't go into next season with the same cast of characters.

I'd prefer a interior d-lineman because there won't be one in the draft. Not to mention those guys, unless elite, usually don't get paid by teams. 

We have Tonyan and Sternberger who I am quite high on for next year at TE. Add a low level free agent and a late round pic.  We need to address Oline and ILB in the draft. I'm guessing we get a WR too. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Holy crap. Me either.

Not to discount what Josh Allen is done, but he does play on a line with Calais Campbell and Yannick Ngakoue, just like Nick Bosa has Buckner, Armstead and Dee Ford. This is not a comparison to what we have, just mentioning because it certainly helps

But he has been fantastic. I understand Mayock wanting a character guy, and we didn't sit in any interviews with either, but Allen was just so much nicer of a prospect on the field. Allen and Maxx Crosby in one draft

Edited by JBURGE

11 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Without per snap numbers this is useless. 

No it’s not. If Gary had the ability to produce like that right now how could would look similar. As if some team wouldn’t play a guy more who can produce. And I think Gary still has some of the highest upside of this group. 

11 hours ago, cannondale said:

After Ferguson was taken at the end of the 3rd Round I had to look him up. Of course another plug n play by the Ravens was my thought.

NCAA sack career sack leader.  Looked pretty stiff at the combine.  But, kid got to the QB a lot in college.