2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

3 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I’d like to start the Jalen Reagor in round 2 hype train. Didn’t have the best jr year due to quarterbacking, but would provide instant juice to our wr core and a nice weapon to use in space that we haven’t had since young Cobb. He’d also help the return game. 

Seems perfect for what we need.  

On 12/18/2019 at 7:38 AM, Rainmaker90 said:

Idk why people are saying this. Preston and Zadarius have been playing great ball this year, and you think a 21-22 year old rookie who is switching positions was going to take their snaps?? Especially being in many close games? That's ridiculous. 

If he was playing as well right now as those other guys his snap count would be way up from what it is now. 

I actually agree that the Smiths are taking snaps at OLB but you’d find more snaps if he was playing better. I also agree that people are expecting too much from a young man who IS changing positions. He definitely will need more time then those guys who played OLB in college. All this said I still love his upside. He’ll just need more time. Was Z and Preston Smith this good right out of college? No and Gary has more God given ability. 

On 12/20/2019 at 6:09 AM, pacman5252 said:

I’d like to start the Jalen Reagor in round 2 hype train. Didn’t have the best jr year due to quarterbacking, but would provide instant juice to our wr core and a nice weapon to use in space that we haven’t had since young Cobb. He’d also help the return game. 

Depending on his combine, we might be able to get him in the 3rd. His production this year might drop him unless he runs a 4.3. It may behoove us to drop back from pick 20-whatever if we don't like what we see on the board and pick up some capital to move up if necessary. 

13 hours ago, Golfman said:

Right now the Lions are sitting with the 3rd pick in the draft. I don't want them getting Chase Young. I could see them getting Derick Brown though. 

I think Okudah is in strong consideration for their pick anywhere from 3-5

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Is here supposed to go that high? Honest question. Haven't read a thing about the draft but he's always stood out live. 

That is a great question. I've seen him top 10, even top 5. Three might be a bit too high for him, but a position Detroit needs to address since there is no other pass rusher available. They could take the OT from Georgia or a QB which I would doubt that do. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Trade first round pick for first round pick next year from a team that could have an unexpected terrible season. 

So we would trade our first round pick in 2020, get a 2021 first round pick plus a 2020 second round pick. 

@Packerraymond

I would be down for that hypothetical trade it if was available. I'd even do it for a 3rd/5th and pick if the team was bad enough.

Just now, pacman5252 said:

I would be down for that hypothetical trade it if was available. I'd even do it for a 3rd/5th and pick if the team was bad enough.

We've already got Gary, whose second year will be equivalent to a first round pick. 

Best year to do it is now so that in 2021 we can double dip on pieces to place around Aaron's heir apparent. 

@Packerraymond

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Takes two to tango there champ.

This is key,

We'll be picking 25+, which means NE or NO would only have to trade up a few spots and the bad teams would only have to trade up 10. Looking at what the board is looking like, we'd need to lose in the wildcard to get to like 25ish. Then SD, Indy would have to fall in love with a guy after passing on him, NO/NE would have to really want someone, or we'd have to be willing to trade to Chicago.

2 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

This is key,

We'll be picking 25+, which means NE or NO would only have to trade up a few spots and the bad teams would only have to trade up 10. Looking at what the board is looking like, we'd need to lose in the wildcard to get to like 25ish. Then SD, Indy would have to fall in love with a guy after passing on him, NO/NE would have to really want someone, or we'd have to be willing to trade to Chicago.

I mean, how many times in the last decade has a team traded their SRP and a FRP the following year to get into the 1st round?  I think the last time a team gave up a late SRP and a future FRP was in 2011 when the Saints traded their SRP (56th overall) and a '12 FRP to New England for the 28th overall pick to select Mark Ingram.  The going rate of a FRP is either an early SRP and a fourth, or a fourth round pick and a future FRP.

29 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, how many times in the last decade has a team traded their SRP and a FRP the following year to get into the 1st round?  I think the last time a team gave up a late SRP and a future FRP was in 2011 when the Saints traded their SRP (56th overall) and a '12 FRP to New England for the 28th overall pick to select Mark Ingram.  The going rate of a FRP is either an early SRP and a fourth, or a fourth round pick and a future FRP.

I think this is more frequent than you think. Look what NOLA gave us in 2018. We managed to stay in round 1 and get another 1st round pick.