2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

2 hours ago, deathstar said:

Those were all great picks - except for Langford; I’ll go to my grave saying that he was the worst Thompson pick by a mile.

My bad I mean Cory Linsley

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 5:13 PM, Joe said:

Drafttek just launched their 2020 big board. I have us drafting 28th overall; we lose to the Rams in the NFCG after upsetting the Bears on the road. Just a fun quick mock.

1(28): Isiahh Loudermilk, EDGE/DL, Wisconsin: both top TE's are off the board in a fairly deep class. With Fackrell probably moving on and Loudermilk's size, Loudermilk can play with his hand in his dirt or upright.

2(60): Colby Parkinson, TE, Stanford: A bunch of people are mocking him as a 1st at this point, but Drafttek has him as the 63rd ranked player FWIW.

3(92): Lucas Niang, OT, LSU: We bring back Spriggs on a 1 year, prove-it contract to see if he works at RT. Niang develops behind him.

4: Shaq Smith, ILB, Clemson: Smith has an incredible motor, but his stats haven't backed it up thus far. While he's in line to start at ILB for the Tigers, I suspect he'll show a lot of good traits, but may underwhelm from a stats standpoint. Excellent depth and a potential starter next to Martinez if Burks can't stay healthy...

5: Reggie Floyd, S, Va. Tech: Has some recognition and aggression weaknesses to clean up, but he's been a starter since 2017 and will have to lead an inexperienced Hokie secondary.

6: Greg Eisworth, DB, Iowa State: Iowa State's coach is offensively minded, but it's his defense that has helped a resurgence of the program. Eisworth is listed as a CB on some sites and a Safety on others. Solid depth.

7: Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma: Boyle plateaus, Kizer still stinks....I mean....why not?

At 6’7” 306 Laudermilk is not playing upright and would not be considered and EDGE.  He is a solid 3-tech. I’d be surprised if he was a 1st rounder though, he will most likely come back for his senior season.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, badgers0821 said:

At 6’7” 306 Laudermilk is not playing upright and would not be considered and EDGE.  He is a solid 3-tech. I’d be surprised if he was a 1st rounder though, he will most likely come back for his senior season.

He'd play 3-tech for sure, but he gives us the option of moving him around.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

You want to downgrade your #3 Tackle from Jason Spriggs to Yosh Nijman in order to save 1million dollars?

People wanted us to cut Bulaga and Crosby heading into this offseason and people wouldn't quit doing it in their mocks. 

People don't care if it makes the team better, they just want to cut.  They have zero understanding whatsoever of perspective and how Spriggs is a top half backup in this league.  They just want him cut. 

They watched the Bears cut their kicker and they've watched as the Bears have desperately tried to replace that kicker all offseason without being able to find squat.  They act like kickers and backup players are a dime a dozen and that you can just pluck one out of the sky. 

If they'd gotten their way, we'd have cut Bulaga, Spriggs, Crosby and probably other players. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

People wanted us to cut Bulaga and Crosby heading into this offseason and people wouldn't quit doing it in their mocks. 

People don't care if it makes the team better, they just want to cut.  They have zero understanding whatsoever of perspective and how Spriggs is a top half backup in this league.  They just want him cut. 

They watched the Bears cut their kicker and they've watched as the Bears have desperately tried to replace that kicker all offseason without being able to find squat.  They act like kickers and backup players are a dime a dozen and that you can just pluck one out of the sky. 

If they'd gotten their way, we'd have cut Bulaga, Spriggs, Crosby and probably other players. 

Cutting a kicker is easy right now, the Bears are just bad at their jobs. Sign Giorgio, all the guy does is replace and injured kicker, make clutch kick after kick and get cut. 

Cutting Bulaga is stupid, if the Packers chose to cut Crosby for cap, wouldn't have minded, he's not a top kicker and is paid as such.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Cutting a kicker is easy right now, the Bears are just bad at their jobs. Sign Giorgio, all the guy does is replace and injured kicker, make clutch kick after kick and get cut. 

Cutting Bulaga is stupid, if the Packers chose to cut Crosby for cap, wouldn't have minded, he's not a top kicker and is paid as such.

Agreed. Cutting Bulaga and Crosby aren't comparable situations at all. One is dumb a move the other is a smart one.

On 6/2/2019 at 8:19 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

You want to downgrade your #3 Tackle from Jason Spriggs to Yosh Nijman in order to save 1million dollars?

Nope, just want Spriggs to get his crap together.  Not saying cut him ... saying show me something that a 2nd rounder should be doing.  

7 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Nope, just want Spriggs to get his crap together.  Not saying cut him ... saying show me something that a 2nd rounder should be doing.  

I'm not saying he's lived up to his 2nd round grade (that we traded up for) but he has shown some progression in his short career. And it doesn't help he's a tackle only and stuck behind two of the best in the game. Regardless, I think we can get him back fairly cheap on his 2nd contract and he's a guy that can swing both LT and RT.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...