2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

Kenny was on fire for the first two weeks against pretty poor centers.

His PFF score (which I think is what you are looking at) has fallen off lately as he's faced better centers.  He doesn't really have a problem so much as he's not playing against Bradbury every other game.  And...he's not been the force against the run lately, and possibly that is due to some doubles, but that is probably negatively affecting his score.

I'll find the ILB talk very interesting at the end of the year.

Go look up Kuechly's stats.  Tackles, games played...etc.

Then look up Navarro Bowman.  Then look up pretty much every other good to great ILB.

I did it once, they really tail off, production wise, after their 5'th season.  Lots of wear and tear at ILB.

I'm a pretty big fan of paying Blake, but the stats show me that we should expect ILB's to miss time once they enter 5+ years in the league.  

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Kenny was on fire for the first two weeks against pretty poor centers.

His PFF score (which I think is what you are looking at) has fallen off lately as he's faced better centers.  He doesn't really have a problem so much as he's not playing against Bradbury every other game.  And...he's not been the force against the run lately, and possibly that is due to some doubles, but that is probably negatively affecting his score.

I'll find the ILB talk very interesting at the end of the year.

Go look up Kuechly's stats.  Tackles, games played...etc.

Then look up Navarro Bowman.  Then look up pretty much every other good to great ILB.

I did it once, they really tail off, production wise, after their 5'th season.  Lots of wear and tear at ILB.

I'm a pretty big fan of paying Blake, but the stats show me that we should expect ILB's to miss time once they enter 5+ years in the league.  

I feel like that's pretty style dependent, yeah? Not that those two are similar. I guess I don't feel like Blake has taken a beating is my point. Maybe I'm wrong there though.

Where I'm at with Martinez is if ya let him go, now ya gotta go find two guys there most likely. You're almost stuck so you have something steady there.

Edited by Norm

22 minutes ago, Norm said:

I feel like that's pretty style dependent, yeah? Not that those two are similar. I guess I don't feel like Blake has taken a beating is my point. Maybe I'm wrong there though.

Where I'm at with Martinez is if ya let him go, now ya gotta go find two guys there most likely. You're almost stuck so you have something steady there.

Not really.  Blake signs a good deal, you sign him.

Blake wants money, you let him go, you draft DL in 1, and you probably still improve at ILB with Burks and a second round ILB or cheaper FA option.  

16 hours ago, Norm said:

I can both agree and disagree with yah, Norm.  I don't think Blake has had any real injuries yet, hence he isn't taking a beating.  But...he's at the top of the leader board for tackles the past few years, so in that regard, he's in a lot of collisions, and maybe that is "taking a beating"?

I think your thoughts, as well as Outposts's below are both valid.  Just two different viewpoints, that is why it'll be interesting how the Packers approach it.  

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 12:01 AM, Outpost31 said:

Not really.  Blake signs a good deal, you sign him.

Blake wants money, you let him go, you draft DL in 1, and you probably still improve at ILB with Burks and a second round ILB or cheaper FA option.  

So at what point do you draft offense ?  

As things stand, OT is the Number 1 priority. Whether you sort it with a high end free agent on a second contract or an early draft pick, it needs to be sorted. Receiver must be drafted early, its getting silly now, Adams isn't even that young any more and will pick up injuries. I'd rather do it in the draft than FA.

In an ideal world with the right player in the right slot you go OT in the 1st round and WR in the 2nd. 

They need to do what they possibly can to sign Blake and if they can't then its going to have to be a free agent or a mid round pick. Can't go burning an early pick on MLB when the offence needs the young talent.

6 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

So at what point do you draft offense ?  

As things stand, OT is the Number 1 priority. Whether you sort it with a high end free agent on a second contract or an early draft pick, it needs to be sorted. Receiver must be drafted early, its getting silly now, Adams isn't even that young any more and will pick up injuries. I'd rather do it in the draft than FA.

In an ideal world with the right player in the right slot you go OT in the 1st round and WR in the 2nd. 

They need to do what they possibly can to sign Blake and if they can't then its going to have to be a free agent or a mid round pick. Can't go burning an early pick on MLB when the offence needs the young talent.

Davante Adams is only 26 years old, he's entering his prime years in my opinion.  Hell, MVS is 25, is he getting too old?

Edited by Apex
Spelling
  • Like 1

Blake should've been extended long ago. Unless we're really high on a MLB in this upcoming draft, we're going to have to extend him. The more time passes, the higher his price.

If MVS doesn't step up over the next few games, I can't help but think we go WR in the 2nd round next year, though we might do so anyway depending on where ESB is.

Quarterback is going to have to be addressed this draft or next.  I think we got the luxury of one more year, but if we dont address it early in 2021 we are really playing with fire.  I will absolutely not be flipping tables if we take a qb early in this draft though, we need to have a succession plan ready, the time is coming.

Edited by HeresAGuy
  • Like 1

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

He's not that accurate?

haven't we seen this show with Oklahoma QBs a few times?

He’s accurate, and yes, we’ve seen this before with OU.  His knock is he runs too much, which isn’t going to translate well in the pros, but I’ve been watching this kid for a while and he does have a nice touch on the ball.  Lamb is just an all around receiving weapon.  I’d take Lamb over Hurts if given the option.

1 minute ago, HeresAGuy said:

Ehlinger has absotely not been impressive today though on the flip side of the coin

Yes he hasn’t.  And ironically, as I’m touting Hurts, he makes two costly turnovers in the red-zone.  LOL.

Edited by Sasquatch