2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

9 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

- the potential for him to start picking up more injuries is increasing by the year

This statement could be made for any player and is a weak argument for taking a WR in the first round.  I'd rather see a replacement for Bulaga drafted early, now there is a dude getting long in the tooth that is always injured or hurt. Great player but it may be time to move on from him depending on what he is asking for with his next contract.  My guess is someone will offer him more than what the Pack is willing to.

1 hour ago, Apex said:

This statement could be made for any player and is a weak argument for taking a WR in the first round.  I'd rather see a replacement for Bulaga drafted early, now there is a dude getting long in the tooth that is always injured or hurt. Great player but it may be time to move on from him depending on what he is asking for with his next contract.  My guess is someone will offer him more than what the Pack is willing to.

Tell you what, Bulaga has probably been the Packers best lineman this year.  He has stoned some darn good ends game after game.  I wouldn't bet the house on us not kicking the tires on him again.  Not saying I'm for extending him but it will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Frankly I hope we don’t re-sign Bulaga.  One year too early rather than one year too late on him.  He could still get us a 4th round comp pick, too.

I’d be fine offering him a little more than his market value on a 1 year deal. Really want no part of a multi year deal without an easy out 

On 10/5/2019 at 3:43 PM, Golfman said:

Neither of those Iowa OTs looked ready for prime time against Michigan today. Michigan is not a great team or defense either and the tackles were overwhelmed. 

Alaric Jackson has looked like **** for a 2nd week in a row now since coming back from his injury. Wirfs has looked better. 

8 hours ago, Apex said:

Your missing the point which is that the depth at receiver is shocking. If Adams go down there is pretty much nothing left, you can't be using MVS as a WR1 - hence the scenario last week when we pretty much had to not bother with receivers which you can't get away with every week. And with Adams becoming slightly more vulnerable to injuries then its more likely we will be in that scenario.

Not saying we draft WR in the first round but we need to be drafting them early. For me, in an ideal world you go OT first and WR second.  Hence why you can't be playing games with Blake. As a good productive player entering his second contract, you need him signed as we can't be blowing premium picks on a MLB when the offence needs serious love in the draft.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:
6 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I’d be fine offering him (Bulaga) a little more than his market value on a 1 year deal. Really want no part of a multi year deal without an easy out 

Agreed.

That might suit the team, but I'm betting it doesn't suit Bulaga. I think the bait has to be a three year deal to get a nibble (and at the right price of course, which is the important thing).

So, I don't think he'll be cheap, I don't think he'll want anything less than a 3 year deal..............................and I'd STILL sign him for anything up to $10m pa.

I'm not sure how many others on this board would do that - but I would, because I think he's playing better now than he ever was, with no signs of any slippage that I can see. It also appears that for a guy who is a long way from the kind of free spirit that Jamaal Williams is, he is really enjoying this current incarnation of the team, which might allow the Packers to have a small hometown discount. If the Packers lost him for one year out of the three, and got two years at his current level of play, I'd say they still came out ahead.

PS This is a 180 degree turnaround for me, from my thinking of the last offseason.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

That might suit the team, but I'm betting it doesn't suit Bulaga. I think the bait has to be a three year deal to get a nibble (and at the right price of course, which is the important thing).

So, I don't think he'll be cheap, I don't think he'll want anything less than a 3 year deal..............................and I'd STILL sign him for anything up to $10m pa.

I'm not sure how many others on this board would do that - but I would, because I think he's playing better now than he ever was, with no signs of any slippage that I can see. It also appears that for a guy who is a long way from the kind of free spirit that Jamaal Williams is, he is really enjoying this current incarnation of the team, which might allow the Packers to have a small hometown discount. If the Packers lost him for one year out of the three, and got two years at his current level of play, I'd say they still came out ahead.

PS This is a 180 degree turnaround for me, from my thinking of the last offseason.

Which is why we shouldn't sign him.

More than happy to pay a premium for a one or maybe at a push a two year deal. Like you say, he will probably want longer than that. Which is why you have to walk away. Sitton and Lang are the best examples of why you do this. Sure you may get away with it  but you are playing with fire. These sort of contracts are how you break your franchise.