2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

39 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He has no pocket presence and immediately falls apart under the slightest sign of pressure. He's a complete rebuild as a prospect.

So was Kizer and look how that turned out.

NO!

Was just kidding...dont go there....and that means you too @Norm :)

• Like 2

On 11/8/2019 at 3:28 PM, Packerraymond said:

So as a rookie, he's outproducing a second year #2 WR with Aaron Rodgers as a QB? Sounds like a pretty good start to a career. Metcalf doesn't get bullied like MVS, he does the bullying, much higher ceiling.

I mean, 5 targets over the last 3 games and averaging 2.3 targets per game over the last six games.  Kinda hard to make an opinion when one player is getting an opportunity and the other isn't.  I can't say I watched the game, but that seems off for what is supposed to be our #2 WR.  Either MVS absolutely sucks or there's something else there.

12 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, 5 targets over the last 3 games and averaging 2.3 targets per game over the last six games.  Kinda hard to make an opinion when one player is getting an opportunity and the other isn't.  I can't say I watched the game, but that seems off for what is supposed to be our #2 WR.  Either MVS absolutely sucks or there's something else there.

He doesn't contend for the ball. He's fast and runs ok routes.  Gets redirected too easily and does not fight for the 50/50 ball.  That's why Lazard has passed him by. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

He doesn't contend for the ball. He's fast and runs ok routes.  Gets redirected too easily and does not fight for the 50/50 ball.  That's why Lazard has passed him by. 

Yup and unless it's a perfectly thrown pass ... no catch.  Hasn't done much to help himself with the tough catches.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Am I crazy for preferring Jacob Eason on Day 2 rather than any of the QBs on Day 1?

Your dart is as good as anyone else's. NFL scouts can't even grade QB's with any type of success. Somebody needs to figure out why guys like Kyle Allen and Tony Romo fall through the cracks while drafting Johnny Manziel,  Also need to  identify and target the Matt Moores of the world. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 4:03 AM, cannondale said:

Your dart is as good as anyone else's. NFL scouts can't even grade QB's with any type of success. Somebody needs to figure out why guys like Kyle Allen and Tony Romo fall through the cracks while drafting Johnny Manziel,  Also need to  identify and target the Matt Moores of the world. 

mmm. Not so sure we can go off of QB ratings from 2014 and 2015. Teams have had better success with gauging QB's from 2016 on unless your name is John Elway or Ryan Pace...

I'm with @CWood21 on this one with the lone exception of Joe Burrow who's ripping it up right now. Tua's shown some chinks in the armor, I'm not sold on Herbert, and Hurts has his own issues though I'd take him over Tua at the moment. I want to like Ehlinger but he's too Kirk Cousins for me and there's not much Fromm does to separate himself from the group IMHO. If we'd shoot for a back-up, I'd rather go Montez or Patterson on Day 3 as things currently stand.

Still think we need to focus on OL/DL. If Trey Adams falls to our pick, it's a no brainer, but I really like Raekwon Davis and the OT class is fairly deep this year.

I'm thinking Davis in the 1st, if we just have to go WR in the second we could go back-to-back 'Bama players and grab Smith the WR, then Saadiq Charles as our future RT in the 3rd. Personally, I'd rather see Davis, Jacob Phillips(so we have an upgrade at that S/LB hybrid position), and then Charles. Grab Montez on Day 3 along with another S, WR, and then BPA it when it came to another 3-tech DL.