2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

6 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Aaron fell because of the combination of Tedford, Aaron's smug* attitude, and real team need.  I have read that some teams would have picked Alex Smith if the 49ers had taken Rodgers with the first pick.  I also remember reading that someone with the Packers really, really liked Jason Campbell in that draft, so we may have gone QB anyway.  

*I am not sure "smug" is the best word for Rodgers' demeanor.  He isn't full on pretentious, and he isn't bombastic.  I think of cocky as being someone that is more talk than walk.  Is smug the proper word?

Pompous? 

On 11/16/2019 at 5:32 PM, Golfman said:

And his coach, whose won how many National Championship? How many have you won? He decided he wanted him to work on a 2 minute drill.

Yep, in hindsight, you could say he should have come out. If it weren't for Tua falling awkwardly while being tackled, we'd never be having this discussion. 

Saban was ready to take him out but Tua lobbied to stay in.  It was seen on camera.  But like you’d said it was just an awkward incident. It could have just as easily happened the first drive of the half as the last one. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leader said:

I hope that keen judge of talent is no longer with the organization.

They would have been with GB at the time of the Sherman-Thompson transfer, I don't know if any of them are left.  I honestly don't even know if the story is true or not, just stuff I recall reading at the time.

26 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

They would have been with GB at the time of the Sherman-Thompson transfer, I don't know if any of them are left.  I honestly don't even know if the story is true or not, just stuff I recall reading at the time.

Understood....was just making a comment....no big deal.

5 hours ago, Norm said:

I bet he is, he's been officially measured before. But he does look like really small, I guess because of kind of how he's built. 

IIRC he was measured at 6'-0" even . I remember the pic but too lazy to chase it down. Don't know how generous those are.

On 11/17/2019 at 11:34 AM, ThatJerkDave said:

Aaron fell because of the combination of Tedford, Aaron's smug* attitude, and real team need.  I have read that some teams would have picked Alex Smith if the 49ers had taken Rodgers with the first pick.  I also remember reading that someone with the Packers really, really liked Jason Campbell in that draft, so we may have gone QB anyway.  

*I am not sure "smug" is the best word for Rodgers' demeanor.  He isn't full on pretentious, and he isn't bombastic.  I think of cocky as being someone that is more talk than walk.  Is smug the proper word?

Aaron fell because of Tedford, a shorter span of D1 experience, and because that QB class was fairly weak whereas the RB and WR classes were very strong.

Either way, we benefitted from SF screwing up...

This is why you never 'tank' for anybody. Chase Young should be the #1 pick, but I expect it will be Joe Burrow! Tua is going in the top 10 IMO. In other words, those who thought he'd drop to us are only engaged in wishful thinking. There is nothing wrong with that by the way. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001079537/article/injured-alabama-qb-tua-tagovailoa-still-projected-for-1st-round

45 minutes ago, Golfman said:

This is why you never 'tank' for anybody. Chase Young should be the #1 pick, but I expect it will be Joe Burrow! Tua is going in the top 10 IMO. In other words, those who thought he'd drop to us are only engaged in wishful thinking. There is nothing wrong with that by the way. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001079537/article/injured-alabama-qb-tua-tagovailoa-still-projected-for-1st-round

We beat the Jets, the Jaguars scored 3 points against the Texans. 

They have Josh Allen's 8 sack rookie season

We have Rashan Gary.

Tanking works

9 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We beat the Jets, the Jaguars scored 3 points against the Texans. 

They have Josh Allen's 8 sack rookie season

We have Rashan Gary.

Tanking works

You assume the packers would have taken allen over gary. “Tanking works” is a lame mindset during the season, its worse when people combine it with know-it-all hindsight and say “see?!!??”

• Like 1