The 2010 NFL Team Draft Grades

Radagast

This thread is hereby created as a place for members to post their opinions on how they grade all or one or just some teams and how you feel about their 2019 NFL Draft picks. As for myself I choose to place a grade on just one team, the Packers. I offer no explanations at this time, but reserve the right to revise and extend my post as I feel necessary.

GB Packers - Draft Grade C

• Like 2

Ah yeah the Raiders 2010 draft. Rolando McClain at #8. Not as much drama as Jamarcus, nor a massive reach like DHB. But still absolutely not worth the pick based on results and drama. He did ok with the Cowboys after that.

Round 2 with Lamarr Houston was ok. Didn't re-sign him (i think he had a pretty big contract with the Bears).

Round 3 Jared Veldheer was a great pick. Guy started roughly 8 years in the NFL as LT. We didn't re-sign him, but this was a good pick.

After that nobody sticked around. Jacoby Ford imo could have had a decent career as a ST (returner)/#5 WR, but he was never into ST.

All in all a decent draft in terms of talent, but bad draft for what they brought for the Raiders. Nobody sticked around for a 2nd contract.  I guess a D

For the Vikings 2010 draft, I know it is supposed to be 2019, but it is interesting to look back 9 years:

Chris Cook - Big CB, wasn't horrible, but wasn't good. Kind of meh pick in round two.

Toby Gerhart - Didn't need a RB at all, that said, he was a decent back-up for the Vikings, but we had AP, so bad pick.

Everson Griffin - Massive hit! Turned into a stud and glad he's still on the team.

Joe Webb - Honestly, an interesting pick, ended up at QB somehow, did okay-ish and has stuck around the league for being a late round pick, actually a really good pick.

That's what is really of note in that draft, Griffin makes it a good draft, a player at his level makes any draft at worst a B-, and we got a little from Cook, Gerhart, and Webb, so I would maybe say it's a B draft.

It would be great to see someone Grade every NFL Teams 2019 Draft. From Seahawks to Dolphins to Jets, Some have advanced/improved their teams and some did not. Many teams celebrate their draft picks and try to advertise their good fortune. However in reality they are just filling roster slots. Winning is not a priority for every team, but their profit margins are. As fans we cheer on our favorite teams and despair when they loose. Being brutally honest has been replaced with being politically correct with our sports teams. Criticizing "our" teams can get us on the blacklist with our fellow team fans. This is not a specific team site and therefor should stand as a platform for honesty. 

Grade your NFL Team and others if you choose to without the fear of being shouted down by those wearing the rose colored glasses. Finally a site where you can pst as you see it. :D

Packers get an A++

My favorite draft ever. Extra capital and a deep draft along with a little luck will do that. But a great HC hire and an amazing plan to turn it around beginning with grabbing an extra pick last year.

Draft didn't go the way I thought, but not far. And now that I digested it, it exceeded all expectations. I think the plan with Smash&Savage was brilliant and they got it done. 

In any case turning this team around in two years is really amazing. We'll be forgetting about TT by 2020, maybe this year already. The Pack was looking like a dumpster fire just weeks ago.

Edited by JaireAlex

1 minute ago, JaireAlex said:

Packers get an A++

My favorite draft ever. Extra capital and a deep draft along with a little luck will do that. But a great HC hire and an amazing plan to turn it around beginning with grabbing an extra pick last year.

Draft didn't go the way I thought, but not far. And now that I digested it, it exceeded all expectations. I think the plan with Smash&Savage was brilliant and they got it done. 

In any case turning this team around in two years is really amazing. We'll be forgetting about TT by 2020, maybe this year already. The Pack was looking like a dumpster fire just weeks ago.

Oh wait, you must be a young Packer Fan.  I'll wager that you even live in Wisconsin too. I've come to recognise the goosestep by now. For your information the Packers did little more than change out roster personal.  Example: Nick Perry replaced with Rashan Gary (Nick Perry 2.0), yet another "project" instead of high 1st round draft choice that is ready or close to ready to START on day one. Too much attention is being paid to the bottom line as the O and D lines get average replacement players. They passed on Noah Fant and Irv Smith (TEs) to pick Sternburger in the 3rd round. Can you spell CHEEP . The status quo however will be maintained. 

Also, a trade up in the 1st round for an undersized Safety, his saving grace is his "speed". Speed won't outjump a 6'5' TE that has a 6"advantage and a 40 to 50 lb. weight advantage. 

I'm sorry did I just cloud up your Rose Colored Glasses or are you allergy sensitive at this time of the year. Your A++ evaluation is leaking, severely

Packers = C for their 2019 Draft.

• Like 1

Tennessee Titans: A-

Overall, I loved this draft, and had a blast attending.  This is my favorite JRob draft so far, as he hit pretty much every need with at least one pick while not reaching once.  It could have been a little better, but not much.

19. Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi St: B

I like the pick, it's pretty good.  I don't absolutely love it because he won't play for most of the season, and Montez Sweat was available.  Still, a great player at a position of need is always a good pick.

51. AJ Brown, WR, Ole Miss: A+

I was salivating when it started to look like Brown might fall to the Titans, and they surprised me by actually taking him.  Honestly, I put this as one of the best value picks of the draft, since I had Brown as the top receiver, and a top 20 player.  I would have been OK with this as their first pick.  Also, he's the perfect complement for what the Titans have at receiver and is an instant upgrade over everyone but Davis.

82. Nate Davis, OG, Charlotte: B+

I would have preferred McGovern here, but this is fine too.  Davis played well against UT (the only game of his I saw), and looks to be a big mauler.  At right guard, that's good enough.  Better players available, but it's a fine value pick that fills a need, so better than average for sure.

116. Amani Hooker, S, Iowa: B+

At first, I wasn't psyched about this one because safety isn't a need.  However, he was one of the top players available, and the BPA on the Titans boards by a wide margin, so I get it.  Having better quality safety depth is good in case Vacarro gets injured, even though they already like Cruikshank.  He should be an instant contributor on special teams too.

168. D'Andre Walker, Edge, Georgia: A

I saw him mocked to the Titans as high as the third, which would be a little rich for me.  Here though, he's a steal.  He can pressure the QB, and looks the part, though I question why he didn't have better production.  Still, he could become a quality rotational guy, which is a great get in the fifth round.  An edge rusher was one of the biggest needs heading into the draft, so it's good it was addressed with a good player.

188. David Long Jr., LB, Michigan: B+

If you can get someone who's a lock for the roster, that's a great pick in the sixth round.  I don't expect anything out of Long this season, but by next year, he may be able to be a good depth piece.  The Titans are set at ILB with Rashaan Evans and Jayon Brown, but Woodyard will either retire or hit free agency next season, so they'll need bodies behind the starting two.

1 hour ago, Radagast said:

Oh wait, you must be a young Packer Fan.  I'll wager that you even live in Wisconsin too. I've come to recognise the goosestep by now. For your information the Packers did little more than change out roster personal.  Example: Nick Perry replaced with Rashan Gary (Nick Perry 2.0), yet another "project" instead of high 1st round draft choice that is ready or close to ready to START on day one. Too much attention is being paid to the bottom line as the O and D lines get average replacement players. They passed on Noah Fant and Irv Smith (TEs) to pick Sternburger in the 3rd round. Can you spell CHEEP . The status quo however will be maintained. 

Also, a trade up in the 1st round for an undersized Safety, his saving grace is his "speed". Speed won't outjump a 6'5' TE that has a 6"advantage and a 40 to 50 lb. weight advantage. 

I'm sorry did I just cloud up your Rose Colored Glasses or are you allergy sensitive at this time of the year. Your A++ evaluation is leaking, severely

Packers = C for their 2019 Draft.

Just gonna have to strongly disagree. This is my favorite draft of the Wolf-TT--Gute era. By far. But I only started watching really with the Magic man. Old timers like yourself probably know better.

37 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Tennessee Titans: A-

Overall, I loved this draft, and had a blast attending.  This is my favorite JRob draft so far, as he hit pretty much every need with at least one pick while not reaching once.  It could have been a little better, but not much.

19. Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi St: B

I like the pick, it's pretty good.  I don't absolutely love it because he won't play for most of the season, and Montez Sweat was available.  Still, a great player at a position of need is always a good pick.

51. AJ Brown, WR, Ole Miss: A+

I was salivating when it started to look like Brown might fall to the Titans, and they surprised me by actually taking him.  Honestly, I put this as one of the best value picks of the draft, since I had Brown as the top receiver, and a top 20 player.  I would have been OK with this as their first pick.  Also, he's the perfect complement for what the Titans have at receiver and is an instant upgrade over everyone but Davis.

82. Nate Davis, OG, Charlotte: B+

I would have preferred McGovern here, but this is fine too.  Davis played well against UT (the only game of his I saw), and looks to be a big mauler.  At right guard, that's good enough.  Better players available, but it's a fine value pick that fills a need, so better than average for sure.

116. Amani Hooker, S, Iowa: B+

At first, I wasn't psyched about this one because safety isn't a need.  However, he was one of the top players available, and the BPA on the Titans boards by a wide margin, so I get it.  Having better quality safety depth is good in case Vacarro gets injured, even though they already like Cruikshank.  He should be an instant contributor on special teams too.

168. D'Andre Walker, Edge, Georgia: A

I saw him mocked to the Titans as high as the third, which would be a little rich for me.  Here though, he's a steal.  He can pressure the QB, and looks the part, though I question why he didn't have better production.  Still, he could become a quality rotational guy, which is a great get in the fifth round.  An edge rusher was one of the biggest needs heading into the draft, so it's good it was addressed with a good player.

188. David Long Jr., LB, Michigan: B+

If you can get someone who's a lock for the roster, that's a great pick in the sixth round.  I don't expect anything out of Long this season, but by next year, he may be able to be a good depth piece.  The Titans are set at ILB with Rashaan Evans and Jayon Brown, but Woodyard will either retire or hit free agency next season, so they'll need bodies behind the starting two.

I just saw that. Very solid draft