What teams will be QB hunting in next years draft

brushmyhair

57 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I actually think Dalton's going to have a really good year as long as we stay relatively healthy. 

I could see that happening. He is a fine quarterback. That being said, I think everyone knows what guess top side is at this point as well. Given he's already 32, I don't think anyone is expecting some huge leap in performance. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I could see that happening. He is a fine quarterback. That being said, I think everyone knows what guess top side is at this point as well. Given he's already 32, I don't think anyone is expecting some huge leap in performance. 

Right. He's solid, and I don't think we're desperate to replace him anytime soon. He's signed relatively cheap through 2020 and will very likely play out the rest of his contract without competition. If he maintains his play through that without a dramatic drop off or any indication of showing age, I can see us extending him to a new deal at a reasonable rate. Nothing lengthy, maybe a two year deal we can easily opt out of without cap commitments. That's when Cincinnati will really be in the hunt. He'll be 35 at that point. 

It's become a recurring narrative in these types of threads where Andy's name gets thrown in as someone who's going to be replaced. I don't buy it. Our franchise doesn't share the same perspective as the public opinion. I see us sticking with him for awhile yet.

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

I think he's Alex Smith level - good enough to win at a .500 clip, but not good enough to carry a team on its own if called upon. Switching to another OC isn't going to help, either. 

A change of scenery with a steady OC could turn his trajectory around, but he's also got a considerable health issue to be mindful of, anyone looking to get him back on track has to keep that in mind.

I feel like he’s Smith outside of the KC time. I just feel like when he has to make a play to win the game with his arm, more times than not he wont because 

1. He’s not that great of a passer

and 

2. He might not even be healthy 

11 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Teams that could because of aging QBs

Patriots 

Saints 

Steelers

Chargers 

Packers 

Teams with QBs on the “Hot Seat”

Buccaneers 

Titians 

Bengals 

Raiders 

Jacksonville (Sorta) 

Teams that could be a little bit of a surprise 

Cowboys (If Dak has a terrible season)

Vikings 

Lions 

Now I don’t expect all these teams to be looking for a QB early next draft, but around 4-5 seems realistic 

After we see Rodgers and LeFleur together, everyone will think he won't retire till 50. Packers are going to be ridiculously good with LeFleur 

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 6:21 AM, brushmyhair said:

After we see Rodgers and LeFleur together, everyone will think he won't retire till 50. Packers are going to be ridiculously good with LeFleur 

Or alternatively ...

Once we see Rodgers break another collar-bone if that's even possible or spend another season hobbling around with another injury then everyone might be thinking, maybe time to have another look at possible QB draft picks.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 1:21 AM, brushmyhair said:

What makes you say that? The Titans offense was hardly impressive under his tenure.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

What makes you say that? The Titans offense was hardly impressive under his tenure.

Have you seen the Titans QB and WRs? There's a reason their team is defense heavy, they got no talent on offense.

On 4/29/2019 at 9:15 AM, brushmyhair said:

I say Raiders (Tua), Bengals (Herbert), Titans (Fromm).

What would you guys say

Good list. I would add Bucs. 

Sleeper picks could be Chargers (Rivers contract year).