Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

7 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Let's try this again, without using sexual remarks to attack each other, yeah?

Let's start this off on a good note.

Bliss, Becky, Bayley and Banks are all on Twitter taking legitimate shots at each other and it's not kayfabe. This is gonna be good.

What are they saying?

39 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Anyone following the "Dark side of the Ring" series on Vice?

So far Ive only watched the Montreal Screwjob one. Von Erich family will be the new one for this week.

I'm way behind on my YouTube queue right now, but it's in there as part of it, so I will eventually get to it.

On 4/29/2019 at 9:37 AM, steelcurtain29 said:

Bliss, Becky, Bayley and Banks are all on Twitter taking legitimate shots at each other and it's not kayfabe. This is gonna be good.

It's semi-kayfabe or worked shoot and that seems pretty obvious.  Alexa's out of ring personality is a lot like the company she keeps OOR: Her husband, Brennan Williams (who loves treading that breaking-the-4th-wall by calling fans "marks" sarcastically), Nia, Shane Thorne (see Brennan Williams).  She doesn't totally kayfabe Twitter like KO does, but she's basically the same split personality that Sami is - half the time she indulges her own personal interests/causes, the other time she's completely in-character.

I think the more telling part is that you see three of the Horsewomen (and Becky's kayfabing everything at this point - though it's also not too different from her normal personality just turned way up) at least interacting with each other on Twitter... and the Charlotte nowhere to be found, which is kind of to be expected considering, I believe, she's actually closer with the likes of Nattie and Renee, if I'm not mistaken.

Good to see Moxley going back to his root and what he loves. Never been a huge fan, but good to see he's going about his business his way.

But let's talk about things that really matters... like my hemp belt 2 days away from delivery! :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Livewire said:

Could this just be Ambrose doing a change in character? From Ambrose to Jon Moxley? Probably trying to read too much into this though. The way the E marketed Ambrose leaving, I've never seen that before. And the way they kept saying Ambrose didnt re-sign. But then Cody liked it on Twitter so that just hampers my theory. 

AEW needs CM Punk to thrive. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Goldberg coming back for a 1 minute match.  Not getting roped into this one again. We all know Saudi events aren’t cannon anyway. 

Thats going to be the most expensive 1 min in wrestling history. Probably 1.5-2.5 million.

7 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Could this just be Ambrose doing a change in character? From Ambrose to Jon Moxley? Probably trying to read too much into this though. The way the E marketed Ambrose leaving, I've never seen that before. And the way they kept saying Ambrose didnt re-sign. But then Cody liked it on Twitter so that just hampers my theory. 

AEW needs CM Punk to thrive. 

No, it's clear he's out of WWE with this.  WWE very rarely uses a talent's real name or accepted work-name because they can't trademark it for branding purposes.  AJ and Joe  are some rare exceptions, largely because they've got the kind of international popularity that you're not going to get away with calling them something different.  Their age - and the likelihood that they'll close their careers out with WWE contributed to this is pretty high.  Yeah, Ambrose used the Moxley moniker in FCW, but the Dean Ambrose persona is a sunk cost at this point.

There's also a ton of symbolism in that video that's more or less a shot across the bow of WWE as well as direct allusions to AEW: The dice on the wall read "2" and "5" (the date for Double or Nothing is May 25), he escapes from "prison/asylum," and he's chased out by a "big dog."