Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

7 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

anyone see that petty CM Punk tweet from sunday night?  LOL

I wouldn't call it petty.  It's him being his trolly self.  Don't think for a second that the McMahon's writing in this whole "Best in the World" stuff for Shane isn't an intentional shot across Punk's bow.

Dude's great at getting himself talked about without having to do much of anything.  He's probably just getting his name out and around again because he and AJ are going to be running around Comic Con this weekend.

19 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I wouldn't call it petty.  It's him being his trolly self.  Don't think for a second that the McMahon's writing in this whole "Best in the World" stuff for Shane isn't an intentional shot across Punk's bow.

Dude's great at getting himself talked about without having to do much of anything.  He's probably just getting his name out and around again because he and AJ are going to be running around Comic Con this weekend.

I know you've thought about it. Just for funsies. Let's say Punk is.... ALL OUT. How would you have him debut? 

3 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I know you've thought about it. Just for funsies. Let's say Punk is.... ALL OUT. How would you have him debut? 

Masked, but still pretty obvious it's him.  And you keep him under the mask until they debut on TV.  And even then, I'd probably make a serious run at getting Colt Cabana too, and make it look like a bait and switch, where a heel faction or pair finally corners or gets the drop on "Punk" (masked, with a hooded sweatshirt on, where you just think it's him because of the taped fists and the boots/kickpads, they yank the mask off to reveal it's actually Colt underneath and then the camera pans to show Punk has come out of the crowd from behind the heels to get the drop on them.  It's an homage to Luger on the first Nitro, but done better.

31 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Masked, but still pretty obvious it's him.  And you keep him under the mask until they debut on TV.  And even then, I'd probably make a serious run at getting Colt Cabana too, and make it look like a bait and switch, where a heel faction or pair finally corners or gets the drop on "Punk" (masked, with a hooded sweatshirt on, where you just think it's him because of the taped fists and the boots/kickpads, they yank the mask off to reveal it's actually Colt underneath and then the camera pans to show Punk has come out of the crowd from behind the heels to get the drop on them.  It's an homage to Luger on the first Nitro, but done better.

You think Cabana and Punk could work together? 

I'm just really hoping for cult of personality to hit and for MJF to come out

3 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

You think Cabana and Punk could work together? 

I'm just really hoping for cult of personality to hit and for MJF to come out

They have in the past.  The guys have been best friends since they both came up under Ace Steel.

The later (MJF) is more what I'm expecting to happen.

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

They have in the past.  The guys have been best friends since they both came up under Ace Steel.

The later (MJF) is more what I'm expecting to happen.

Oh I know they were close but I imagined the law suits have taken their toll 

7 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Punk and Cabana will not work together. At least not right now. I believe they're both suing one another

I'm still not actually sold that's not a work.  Were it coming from different entities in the industry, I wouldn't have any doubts it was legit.

Pluck someone from the indies who is actually known and has a history with Punk and, at least for the scenario I'm suggesting, they're interchangeable with Colt.

If I'm being honest, I don't think Punk comes back to work in anything other than a 1-off (when he feels like it) type scenario barring maybe a crap-ton of money being thrown at him down the line when/if Vince has stroked out and is incapable of running the day-to-day, for a "Goldberg-esque" you never thought he'd be back short part-time run in WWE.  But realistically, if he really wanted to come back (and was willing to sacrifice the creature comforts - specifically hockey and baseball seasons - he's grown accustom to now), he'd have been in Japan by now because Gedo would have let him do what he wanted to do.

I won't be surprised if Punk's career from here on out pretty much mimics Vampiro's.

26 minutes ago, KewlBeanz said:

Agree?

AEW>WWE

They're scoring some wins in some places, but until the fix the commentary stuff (sorry, but they're literally at a point where JR can't save them and I have to put the show on mute - and watching wrestling without commentary isn't right), they're automatically second-rate to me.  The "legitimate sports broadcaster/journalist" they have is flat out awful and Excalibur is doing a half-arsed Mauro Ranallo impersonation - which doesn't help when the other company has the actual Mauro (even if he only gets used for NXT and specials).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The LBC said:

They're scoring some wins in some places, but until the fix the commentary stuff (sorry, but they're literally at a point where JR can't save them and I have to put the show on mute - and watching wrestling without commentary isn't right), they're automatically second-rate to me.  The "legitimate sports broadcaster/journalist" they have is flat out awful and Excalibur is doing a half-arsed Mauro Ranallo impersonation - which doesn't help when the other company has the actual Mauro (even if he only gets used for NXT and specials).

W

1 hour ago, KewlBeanz said:

Agree?

AEW>WWE

They seem like an expansion football team to me in this early stage. Like LBC mentioned with the commentators. They have a many kink to work out yet by being new. But are on the right track.

I do think they need to expand their target for audiences. They seem to pander to the diehard and flippy fan bases with not much of anything towards an actual heavyweight class or womens division atm.

33 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

They seem like an expansion football team to me in this early stage. Like LBC mentioned with the commentators. They have a many kink to work out yet by being new. But are on the right track.

I do think they need to expand their target for audiences. They seem to pander to the diehard and flippy fan bases with not much of anything towards an actual heavyweight class or womens division atm.

W

So apparantly CM Punk is going to be at Starrcast 3 for a meet and greet and an interview. That's going to fire up the speculation of his debut for AEW, but i don't buy into it. It's a 1% chance for me, just because you never know.

https://sports.yahoo.com/cm-punk-appear-starrcast-interview-182907499.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHYfZWWlrviqmZttpuZ7rKSoRdmPNZfVcD2ruf7UqB1RYCtmmp6dleuFuZrXIQHhfmbomd3QAMOymHmuQqQXyYiPudiW2Y30x0mQZ996ug5vxOVIZEfI4WTVbpGiFiQHYJHztIhLG9VvZDjZ8KN0ge7aOaulPoq-HuFxgAvhcd8D

Edited by Edge