Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I’m pretty out of the loop.. mostly just watch the big PPV matches, and some weekly promos every now and then on YouTube lol. 

I'm gonna get shredded for this but IDC, I've always felt Sasha was vastly overrated as a wrestler. She botches practically every match. Yes, she has a few iconic matches in her past but her overall body of work in the ring is pretty piss poor. I mean, she couldn't decide what she was supposed to do on a ******* splash tonight. People love her and I'm not sure why. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

I'm gonna get shredded for this but IDC, I've always felt Sasha was vastly overrated as a wrestler. She botches practically every match. Yes, she has a few iconic matches in her past but her overall body of work in the ring is pretty piss poor. I mean, she couldn't decide what she was supposed to do on a ******* splash tonight. People love her and I'm not sure why. 

I love Sasha and Bianca’s character. Both have a great character. And Sasha is fantastic at both face and heel promos. Bianca’s heel promos are pretty decent, but her face promos are cringe. I expect her to be a heel in the next couple months tbh. 

I’ll also admit I don’t see Sasha or Bianca anywhere near the level of in-ring wrestling that Asuka, Ripley, Io Shirai, much of the NXT roster, and even Flair all possess. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I love Sasha and Bianca’s character. Both have a great character. And Sasha is fantastic at both face and heel promos. Bianca’s heel promos are pretty decent, but her face promos are cringe. I expect her to be a heel in the next couple months tbh. 

I’ll also admit I don’t see Sasha or Bianca anywhere near the level of in-ring wrestling that Asuka, Ripley, Io Shirai, much of the NXT roster, and even Flair all possess. 

Yep, that's why I mentioned in ring work. Sasha knows how to sell herself and she can hit spots but she's a mess in the ring half the time. 

Fun Night 1

Cesaro and Seth was awesome, 

Bad Bunny was excellent as a celebrity wrestler

The Main Event was good but i felt like they needed another 5-10 mins to make it even better

Bob and Drew was also good.

Womens Tag Team was horrific

Omos is gonna be a star

Shane and Braun was a typical shane mania match in the case that he was gonna do a stupid spot which he did.

I didnt watch mania this year because of them switching to Peacock but I saw the results and Ill say that it was so predictable its sad. I saw everything happening last night from a mile away. I want some swerves in a match that even if the result end up like I expected at least have me second guessing.

Lashley shouldve won but as soon as Vince idiotically broke up the Hurt business I knew Drew would win. I knew Bianca was going to win the second it was announced that match was going to end the show on night one. I knew AJ/Omos was going to win because AJ never held the tag titles before and plus the New Day kept getting the best of him over and over again heading into mania and that doesnt happen to AJ. Last time it did was heading into Survivor Series when AJ looked like he was losing control over his team and he ended up leading his team to a win at the PPV. I knew Tamina/Natayla would when because they were the only tag team that was chasing the titles that never had a title shot and they constantly had match after match. Now they get a chance at the titles night two. I knew Cesaro was going to win because it is his first singles match at mania and he is a face now. Put him over against heel Rollins makes sense to continue to make him look strong as a face to possibly go after Reigns or even heel Edge for the title. It was so predictable Braun winning after how bad Shane made him look week after week heading into mania. Celebrity match at mania really always favor that celebrity then you add Priest who they want to continue to have look good being the hot call up from NXT not to mention how they are making Miz and Morrison both look like jokes. So again at least for night one everything that happened was so predictable. I can only hope night two at least have some shocking results that I didnt see coming.  

27 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I didnt watch mania this year because of them switching to Peacock but I saw the results and Ill say that it was so predictable its sad. I saw everything happening last night from a mile away. I want some swerves in a match that even if the result end up like I expected at least have me second guessing.

Lashley shouldve won but as soon as Vince idiotically broke up the Hurt business I knew Drew would win. I knew Bianca was going to win the second it was announced that match was going to end the show on night one. I knew AJ/Omos was going to win because AJ never held the tag titles before and plus the New Day kept getting the best of him over and over again heading into mania and that doesnt happen to AJ. Last time it did was heading into Survivor Series when AJ looked like he was losing control over his team and he ended up leading his team to a win at the PPV. I knew Tamina/Natayla would when because they were the only tag team that was chasing the titles that never had a title shot and they constantly had match after match. Now they get a chance at the titles night two. I knew Cesaro was going to win because it is his first singles match at mania and he is a face now. Put him over against heel Rollins makes sense to continue to make him look strong as a face to possibly go after Reigns or even heel Edge for the title. It was so predictable Braun winning after how bad Shane made him look week after week heading into mania. Celebrity match at mania really always favor that celebrity then you add Priest who they want to continue to have look good being the hot call up from NXT not to mention how they are making Miz and Morrison both look like jokes. So again at least for night one everything that happened was so predictable. I can only hope night two at least have some shocking results that I didnt see coming.  

Lashley didn’t lose

• Like 2

@stl4life07

You gonna list your predictions for tonight, so if you say it's so predictable, we can at least look back on your predictions?

For me, its:

- Daniel Bryan over Edge (but this is the one match I'm not confident in, could easily be Reigns pinning Bryan. I would be surprised if Edge wins though). 

- Ripley (would not be surprised if Asuka retains though, as she hasn't had a WM Singles Match win, and she was suppose to win this Mania anyways against Char. Not Asuka's fault that Char had to be taken out)

- Riddle (confident)

- Big E (confident)

- Fiend (I mean, EVERYONE knows Orton is losing this match)

- Owens (confident)

- Baszler & Jax (confident)

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

@stl4life07

You gonna list your predictions for tonight, so if you say it's so predictable, we can at least look back on your predictions?

For me, its:

- Daniel Bryan over Edge (but this is the one match I'm not confident in, could easily be Reigns pinning Bryan. I would be surprised if Edge wins though). 

- Ripley (would not be surprised if Asuka retains though, as she hasn't had a WM Singles Match win, and she was suppose to win this Mania anyways against Char. Not Asuka's fault that Char had to be taken out)

- Riddle (confident)

- Big E (confident)

- Fiend (I mean, EVERYONE knows Orton is losing this match)

- Owens (confident)

- Baszler & Jax (confident)

@Fresh Prince ok I thought I read somewhere that he lost. Good they didn’t take the title off him after he won it. Still don’t derail my point. Plus if you don’t think the WWE sucks at the shock factors that WCW used to bring and now AEW brings then I don’t know what to tell you.

Anyways, I agree with all your predictions except for DB winning. It’s either going to be Edge (following the theme he never lost the title and gets it back on the anniversary he had to retire) or Reigns winning to keep him being strong to possibly down the road meet Drew again for the title where Drew will get the win he said he was cheated out of due to help from Jey and Reigns won. Now I would love to see DB win because it has WM 30 written all over it and I was there in New Orleans live and it was crazy when he won but we know the shock factor WWE lacks so I’m confident DB ain’t winning. He is going to be the one to take the pin. He was always meant to do that plus spice up the storyline that was rather boring from the start with Edge and Reigns.

Also I’ll add to what I said the WWE being predictable, it’s sad that back at the RR I got the women’s winner right in Bianca and I believe I was close to having the final four left in the ring if I wasn’t for Bayley getting eliminated which I heard really shouldn’t have happened. They really didn’t even catch the elimination. The men’s I didn’t have right because they went totally out of left field with Edge just for ratings. I had DB winning and honestly he found his way still in the main event at WM so that tells me that if the WWE wasn’t so desperate for ratings to improve DB would’ve won the rumble instead of Edge. 

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

@Fresh Prince ok I thought I read somewhere that he lost. Good they didn’t take the title off him after he won it. Still don’t derail my point. Plus if you don’t think the WWE sucks at the shock factors that WCW used to bring and now AEW brings then I don’t know what to tell you.

Anyways, I agree with all your predictions except for DB winning. It’s either going to be Edge (following the theme he never lost the title and gets it back on the anniversary he had to retire) or Reigns winning to keep him being strong to possibly down the road meet Drew again for the title where Drew will get the win he said he was cheated out of due to help from Jey and Reigns won. Now I would love to see DB win because it has WM 30 written all over it and I was there in New Orleans live and it was crazy when he won but we know the shock factor WWE lacks so I’m confident DB ain’t winning. He is going to be the one to take the pin. He was always meant to do that plus spice up the storyline that was rather boring from the start with Edge and Reigns.

Also I’ll add to what I said the WWE being predictable, it’s sad that back at the RR I got the women’s winner right in Bianca and I believe I was close to having the final four left in the ring if I wasn’t for Bayley getting eliminated which I heard really shouldn’t have happened. They really didn’t even catch the elimination. The men’s I didn’t have right because they went totally out of left field with Edge just for ratings. I had DB winning and honestly he found his way still in the main event at WM so that tells me that if the WWE wasn’t so desperate for ratings to improve DB would’ve won the rumble instead of Edge. 

I don’t know man. I think DB was added to the match because Edge has really struggled to get over as a Face or Heel this time around and it’s quite obvious. He’s always been meh as a face, and once again, fans didn’t take to it. As a serious heel (instead of an opportunist heel), he also is meh. 

Reigns vs Edge just wasn’t gonna sell and McMahon knew it. 

IMO either DB wins and has a short one month reign and drops it to either Reigns or Edge at Backlash OR Reigns retains and keeps the title another couple months. 

31 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t know man. I think DB was added to the match because Edge has really struggled to get over as a Face or Heel this time around and it’s quite obvious. He’s always been meh as a face, and once again, fans didn’t take to it. As a serious heel (instead of an opportunist heel), he also is meh. 

Reigns vs Edge just wasn’t gonna sell and McMahon knew it. 

IMO either DB wins and has a short one month reign and drops it to either Reigns or Edge at Backlash OR Reigns retains and keeps the title another couple months. 

I get your reasoning behind why not Edge but Reigns have been great so I don’t see the title coming off him to DB especially if DB wins and then drops it quickly back to Reigns or even to Edge. If DB wins I’d much rather him hold it for at least through this year facing guys like Cesaro, Rollins, and obviously Edge and Reigns will get another shot. But again I think DB is only in the match to take the pin. If you really look at DB over the past I don’t know how long guys in Gulak and Cesaro he helped get pushed while they was in a program together. I think even Big E as well but I don’t quite remember. So yes I’m excited DB is back in the main event at WM and I hope you are right and he win I just don’t see him repeating WM 30.