Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

18 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Vince wants to own any name used. I dont think we'll see the Steiner name in WWE.

There have been exceptions made to him "owning the name," both legal ways around it (trademark the combination of first name and last name like they did with "Charlotte Flair" for Ashley Fleihr) and him still allowing people he considered to be big enough draws to keep their names (ring name or otherwise).  Or in the case (though we'll see how long it lasts after his dad retires if he stays with the company) of Dominik Mysterio.  He's just got to see the money in it and Vince is a strange and screwed up cat these days as far as where he sees money and who he sees money in.  I don't believe Styles or Joe sold the trademarks on their ring names to Vince (or at least I've never seen evidence of it).  One obvious example is clearly Bill Goldberg and Brock Lesnar (who, granted, both predate VKM's fixation with having ownership rights to the trademarks on the names of his stars).  My point really is, the guy's actual name is Bronson Reichsteiner.  They could have easily called him Bronson Steiner and had the trademark on the name or trademarked the name he was initially working in NXT under "Rex Steiner," but instead they go with Bron Breakker for God knows what reason, though it does make it pretty obvious that Vince doesn't see a ton of value in the Steiner name (not surprising because Vince is infamous for not thinking that tag team wrestling is a draw).

What I think we'll see will be something similar to the way Natalya is treated wherein they regularly reference who he father is/was (though you'll notice they make a point of referencing her family and Bret and Owen as much if not more than her father, especially since Neidhart's passing) but if/when he ever gets brought up to the main roster he'll be a single-monikered guy anyway, likely "Bron" or some derivative like "Brawn"... or they'll just throw him in with Dijak and Brendan Williams (if they last that long) as a third member of their group and just dub him "Breaker."

My guess is the true test (though again, the guy's father was a talent that more or less Vince majority-made so it's not a fully apples-to-apples comparison) will be in how they present Davey Boy Smith Jr, be it under that moniker that he was using in MLW and on the indies or at DH Smith or David Hart Smith that he'd used when previously signed with WWE as part of the Hart Dynasty.  He's already worked dark matches on Smackdown, but I haven't heard tell of what they're billing him as.  It'll be really interesting to see because he/David owns the rights to the British Bulldog trademark after WWE actually dropped it and Smith went out of filed for the trademark himself.

Edited by Dr LBC

23 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Vince wants to own any name used. I dont think we'll see the Steiner name in WWE.

It’s probably a laurinaitis move. Isn’t he the talent relations guy now? He’s the same guy who took curt hennings kid and named him Michael McGillicutty and then Curtis Axel. 

19 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Not a good look for Ric Flair or Tommy Dreamer.

The ref, Mike Chiodos (sp), looked the worst of everyone IMO. Flair denies everything, Dreamer (who got suspended indefinitely today) looked like he shrugged everything off as boys will be boys, but Chiodos laughed and joked and smiled about all of it like he was revelling in the good ol' days. What a POS. 

7 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

The ref, Mike Chiodos (sp), looked the worst of everyone IMO. Flair denies everything, Dreamer (who got suspended indefinitely today) looked like he shrugged everything off as boys will be boys, but Chiodos laughed and joked and smiled about all of it like he was revelling in the good ol' days. What a POS. 

Ya, that was bad too. Probably not the smartest thing to do if you’re looking for a job 🤷🏻‍♂️

AEW just released beautiful news.

I'm not old enough to witness Owen Hart as a wrestler, but i'm happy for all his fans in this world to have a chance to honor him in an annual way. I'm happy for Martha and the Hart family and ofc i'm super interested to see the details to this tournament.

Full Gear changing venues will likely lead to my friends and I getting to finally go to our first AEW PPV.

EDIT: We were supposed to go to DoN each of the last two years only for fans to not be allowed in 20, and the location change in 21.

Edited by Bullet Club
  • Like 1